• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Pistons last year's Kings?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I don't like bout the pistons is Reggie Jackson. He plays very selfishly. He took some really bad shots that game. I think they're a point guard away from being really dangerous. I'm not a Jennings fan either

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I don't like bout the pistons is Reggie Jackson. He plays very selfishly. He took some really bad shots that game. I think they're a point guard away from being really dangerous. I'm not a Jennings fan either
I'm not so sure they are that close. I still think they are playing over their head. I want to believe that SVG has turned it around, I am a Pistons fan after all. BUT...have you looked at that bench? They have Stanley Johnson, who will eventually be a starter and then......who? And I think Morris and Ilyasova are both bench players on a team I would consider dangerous. Morris has earned the starting role with his play so far, but can he keep it up? Time will tell. Hopefully they will be able to move Jennings for something good (they just can't really think that they can have both Jennings and Jackson work).

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure they are that close. I still think they are playing over their head. I want to believe that SVG has turned it around, I am a Pistons fan after all. BUT...have you looked at that bench? They have Stanley Johnson, who will eventually be a starter and then......who? And I think Morris and Ilyasova are both bench players on a team I would consider dangerous. Morris has earned the starting role with his play so far, but can he keep it up? Time will tell. Hopefully they will be able to move Jennings for something good (they just can't really think that they can have both Jennings and Jackson work).

The problem with having an extra PG (especially when he's coming off an injury) is that hardly any teams have PG as a need right now, such a deep position. You'll have to sell him for 50 cents on the dollar if you do deal him. You may be better suited to just bring him off the bench for instant offense.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with having an extra PG (especially when he's coming off an injury) is that hardly any teams have PG as a need right now, such a deep position. You'll have to sell him for 50 cents on the dollar if you do deal him. You may be better suited to just bring him off the bench for instant offense.
I completely agree that we won't get much (enough) for him, but I really can not see Jennings being able to work off the bench mentally and emotionally once he feels that he has recovered from his injury. I can't really say why, but I get the impression that he would not accept such a role well. Plus, he is in the last year of his contract so it is either get something for him now or nothing at the end of the season because SVG has clearly committed to Jackson.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw from Stanley Johnson last night, he's gonna be good and should start on that team at some point. They don't really have great frontcourt depth which will be a problem and they missed Meeks big last night because they had at least 3 or 4 open 3's that they didn't make. Once he and Jennings get back they'll have nice depth at the guard position, then maybe they can trade Jennings or one of the other guards they have for a big man.