• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Pistons last year's Kings?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Kings got off to a hot start and everyone started jumping on the bandwagon in here, not me. Even after they beat us, I just wasn't sold on them and it turned out I was right.

Pistons? Not as sure about them due to one thing… them being in the East.

I don't think they're THIS good, but they should be fighting for a 7-8 seed for sure come April. Solid team all-around… adding Ersan and Morris next to Drummond has really helped and I love Stanimal.

Is Reggie Jackson this good? Idk… he dropped 40 the other night, Drummond is averaging 20-20 and Morris is playing out of his mind. I think it's a bit unsustainable obviously, but here are my revised predictions for the East.

1) Cavs
2) Hawks
3) Heat
4) Bulls
5) Raptors
6) Wizards
7) Bucks
8) Pistons

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the days before the season, StanVan himself said they weren't a playoff team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the days before the season, StanVan himself said they weren't a playoff team.

Luckily for them there isn't much competition for that 8 seed. I think the top 7 barring injury are kinda locked up, but Detroit seems like the best of the rest at the moment.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for them there isn't much competition for that 8 seed. I think the top 7 barring injury are kinda locked up, but Detroit seems like the best of the rest at the moment.
It's just been so long since they've been in the mix. I'm hesitant to believe.

Drummond has been close to dominant in the past. But his start is historical. Heard he was first to average 19-19 over his first five games of a season since Wilt.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck you - The Pacers are going to be in the picture. George is a bonafide superstar. We just need to work on depth - a.k.a, once Vogel gets his head out of his ass and realizes Solomon Hill is worthy of PT based on last year's performance alone.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you - The Pacers are going to be in the picture. George is a bonafide superstar. We just need to work on depth - a.k.a, once Vogel gets his head out of his ass and realizes Solomon Hill is worthy of PT based on last year's performance alone.

Pacers need bigs. Until they trade for one they aren't a playoff team. Sorry bout it. And I'm a huge PG fan

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cavs
2) Hawks
3) Heat
4) Bulls
5) Raptors
6) Wizards
7) Bucks
8) Pistons

Celtics ???

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings lost their best player for like 10 games after the 5-1 start, lost most if not all of them, and then fired their coach for no good reason. I don't see that happening with the Pistons, even if Drummond missed some games. Plus, the East.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers need bigs. Until they trade for one they aren't a playoff team. Sorry bout it. And I'm a huge PG fan

Ian Mahinmi may not be a sexy name, but he is an effective lane clogger who will give a greater effort than Hibbert. Jordan Hill has looked a lot better lately. Turner will develop as the season rolls one. They still have Lavoy Allen who was a former starter on a Sixers team that didn't embarrass themselves.

And Monta Ellis won't play this poorly all season.

Regardless, Paul George alone should make this a Playoff team in the east.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Mahinmi may not be a sexy name, but he is an effective lane clogger who will give a greater effort than Hibbert. Jordan Hill has looked a lot better lately. Turner will develop as the season rolls one. They still have Lavoy Allen who was a former starter on a Sixers team that didn't embarrass themselves.

And Monta Ellis won't play this poorly all season.

Regardless, Paul George alone should make this a Playoff team in the east.

Look, I love the Pacers (they have 3 former Wildcats in Solo, J-Hill & Budinger) and PG is one of my favorite players to watch.

I just don't think they have as complete of a team as 8 other teams in the East do right now. Would I be shocked if they got a 7 or 8 seed? No, not at all, but the East is slightly better than last year and a little deeper overall too so it's not as much of a cakewalk as it has been the last 2-3 years.

Indy needs to trade for a big man, I think there should be plenty on the market too once the deadline rolls around. If they are in the mix then I don't see why they wouldn't make a move.

Hill & Mahinmi are solid role players/backups, but they shouldn't be starting. Not on a playoff team at least. I do like Turner's game a lot though, he'll develop into a really good player in a couple years. He's already showing his potential.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I love the Pacers (they have 3 former Wildcats in Solo, J-Hill & Budinger) and PG is one of my favorite players to watch.

I just don't think they have as complete of a team as 8 other teams in the East do right now. Would I be shocked if they got a 7 or 8 seed? No, not at all, but the East is slightly better than last year and a little deeper overall too so it's not as much of a cakewalk as it has been the last 2-3 years.

Indy needs to trade for a big man, I think there should be plenty on the market too once the deadline rolls around. If they are in the mix then I don't see why they wouldn't make a move.

Hill & Mahinmi are solid role players/backups, but they shouldn't be starting. Not on a playoff team at least. I do like Turner's game a lot though, he'll develop into a really good player in a couple years. He's already showing his potential.

I just don't think bigs are quite imperative in the modern NBA, and even so, Mahinmi while not a stats guy will hold his own defensively. Hill won't start every game as the team has committed to go small often this year with PG at PF.

And Solo should get the minutes over Budinger. Like seriously, if Budinger couldn't make the Timberwolves' rotation he shouldn't be making this one...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vogel is still there lol. The Pacers are fucked

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond has been close to dominant in the past. But his start is historical. Heard he was first to average 19-19 over his first five games of a season since Wilt

Sound familiar @HurricaneDij39 ?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons have a few things going for them that the Kings did not have:

1) Stability. Stan is both the GM and Coach so he has say in the roster. You'll always know where you stand with him because he can't afford to alienate the locker room. You're not going to hear crazy trade rumors about them every other day.

2) Coaching. Stan is an excellent coach and game manager. Malone was a lame duck coach and when the Kings brought in Karl, he wanted to run a new system. That sort of in season change has a big effect on the team. This is year 2 of a system, and that does wonders for continuity and consistency.

3) Eastern Conference. The Pistons will be able to stay afloat even if they struggle at some point because of the competitive nature of the East.

4) Defense. The Pistons are a sneaky good defensive team. Jackson holds his own at PG, but Drummond and KCP are great defenders. Stanley Johnson has potential to be very good too and is learning. Morris is no slouch. In their 5 wins teams are averaging 94 ppg (including one game that went into overtime).

For those reasons, I think the Pistons won't have a collapse like the Kings did. They're not contenders because they lack front court depth right now. But when Jennings and Meeks come back, they're going to have some fire power. The key for them will be defensively.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CitySushi nailed it. They are a playoff team assuming they stay healthy.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll be in the mix for #8 for sure.