• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gotten pathetic with the hypothetical nonsense. Know what actually happened?

Ohio State went on the road in one of the most hostile environments in the country at night at Penn State, and despite playing poorly came out with a W.

Then they went on the road at night against a top 5 Michigan State team and put a hurting on them.

Then they set records against #13 Wisconsin.

Then they touched up Alabama right in their own backyard.

Then they destroyed the seemingly superior Oregon team.

We have the hardware, so keep on crying.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the hypothetical nonsense that helps them cope.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gotten pathetic with the hypothetical nonsense. Know what actually happened?

Ohio State went on the road in one of the most hostile environments in the country at night at Penn State, and despite playing poorly came out with a W.

Then they went on the road at night against a top 5 Michigan State team and put a hurting on them.

It got pathetic when you Ohio St fans wanted to sit around and pretend like Urban Meyer had nothing to do with Florida.

The rest is just you Ohio St fans trying to inflate your accomplishments beyond the reality, which is even more pathetic since you won a national championship. Can't even admit that you benefited from a weaker schedule to start the season while your team improved over the year.

And how much did that matter once Bama got on the field vs. Ohio State?

If it don't matter then why do you Ohio St fans keep trying to pretend your season was tougher than it was?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, do ya'll just hand out letters to everyone? I thought you had to meet certain playing requirements.
They can only give them a letter because that's all they can read. A letter. Each year they learn a new one.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all true...along with them playing an awful schedule the first 2/3 of the season....entertaining the thought they benefited from that schedule is what's being discussed. I'm of the thought that weak schedule did help them. Whether they would have won playing other schedules is completely hypothetical, I'm not going to argue wins/losses as anything definitive, obviously anything can happen.

Congrats on the hardware :suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true...along with them playing an awful schedule the first 2/3 of the season....entertaining the thought they benefited from that schedule is what's being discussed. I'm of the thought that weak schedule did help them. Whether they would have won playing other schedules is completely hypothetical, I'm not going to argue wins/losses as anything definitive, obviously anything can happen.

Congrats on the hardware :suds:
Say what you want, but 6 bowl teams in 8 games isn't "awful", especially considering that 9th game was at Michigan State.

Neither I nor any OSU fan are trying to say we faced a murderer's row, but the hypotheticals can be said about nearly any NCAA champion of the last several decades, so I don't get the point in discussing it ad nauseum.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got pathetic when you Ohio St fans wanted to sit around and pretend like Urban Meyer had nothing to do with Florida.

The rest is just you Ohio St fans trying to inflate your accomplishments beyond the reality, which is even more pathetic since you won a national championship. Can't even admit that you benefited from a weaker schedule to start the season while your team improved over the year.

If it don't matter then why do you Ohio St fans keep trying to pretend your season was tougher than it was?

I don't give a shit what Urban Meyer did at Florida or too Florida. If he set them back 10 years then good, I'm glad. I mean its pretty ignorant to continue to blame him after all these years but if it is his fault so be it.

I believe it was you who started going down the path with these "What if" and hypothetical scenarios for Ohio State that can't be proven just to make yourself feel better about Bama not being on top of the CFB world.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure I and several other Buckeyes have said Urban made his fair share of mistakes at Florida. That's not a secret, and I'm sure he would have no problem at all owning up to it. The point is, however, that Florida isn't this bad 4 years later because of him. There are a lot of other factors at play, namely hiring a HC who was clearly in way over his head and had no idea how to develop talent.

Inflate our accomplishments?? We won the first ever playoff, and beat the 3 Heisman finalists right in a row to boot - not to mention completely shutting down Wisconsin and more or less shutting down Heisman winner Mariota and Oregon. Speaking of accomplishments - when was the last time Bama beat 3 of the final top 5 AP Poll teams?

You just can't get over the fact that we beat your team. We showed up and you didn't. Just get over it already.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit what Urban Meyer did at Florida or too Florida. If he set them back 10 years then good, I'm glad. I mean its pretty ignorant to continue to blame him after all these years but if it is his fault so be it.

I believe it was you who started going down the path with these "What if" and hypothetical scenarios for Ohio State that can't be proven just to make yourself feel better about Bama not being on top of the CFB world.

It's a forum, you aren't the only person having conversations here. But I'm betting your opinion will be a good bit different if the same thing happens at Ohio St. And you're an idiot if you think it can't happen.

Newsflash: Ohio St isn't even close to having the success Alabama currently has. You won a national championship, congrats. If you are looking to measure dicks, then come back when you have a dynasty and it being the biggest game in recent history when you actually lose.

The notion Alabama fans need to make themselves feel better is laughable. Alabama is still on top of the college football world.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Nuts!!!

Create a dynasty then pop off!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a forum, you aren't the only person having conversations here. But I'm betting your opinion will be a good bit different if the same thing happens at Ohio St. And you're an idiot if you think it can't happen.

Newsflash: Ohio St isn't even close to having the success Alabama currently has. You won a national championship, congrats. If you are looking to measure dicks, then come back when you have a dynasty and it being the biggest game in recent history when you actually lose.

The notion Alabama fans need to make themselves feel better is laughable. Alabama is still on top of the college football world.
:pound:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been desperately looking for an Arizona fan to no avail.

But when I do..... "Win a Fiesta Bowl then Pop off!!" will happen.

:evil:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you spend your time and energy wondering if Saban is going to go back to the NFL like he did at LSU?

Because I don't sit around and worry about what Urban is going to do, next year or the year after that. It's completely pointless to speculate.

And if you think Alabama is on top of the CFB world currently over Ohio State you are dumber than I thought.

Ohio State is getting the most amount of attention this year and it isn't even close ( And actually I am not really happy about it but it's the truth.) Every analyst out there has them pegged as the top team.

"The notion Alabama fans need to make themselves feel better is laughable."

If its so laughable then why do you continue to try and knock Ohio State down with meaningless hypothetical comments. You're like a jealous ex girlfriend.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama is still the team people want to beat, not Ohio St. Give coaches/fans a choice on which team they'd rather have a win over on their resume, and it's going to be Alabama the majority of time.

It's still the program to which all others compare themselves too. Alabama still sets the standard.

You are no more on top of the college football world than Auburn was in 2011 or Florida state was in 2014.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is still the team people want to beat, not Ohio St. Give coaches/fans a choice on which team they'd rather have a win over on their resume, and it's going to be Alabama the majority of time.

It's still the program to which all others compare themselves too. Alabama still sets the standard.

You are no more on top of the college football world than Auburn was in 2011 or Florida state was in 2014.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Ohio State just made history by winning the first ever college playoff. Then they made history again by being named the first unanimous #1 ever in the history of the AP poll.

It's not Nick Saban headlining the ESPN CFB commercials, and the playoff trophy isn't sitting in Tuscaloosa.

OSU has the current #1 recruiting classes in both 2016 and 2017.

Until further notice, it's Ohio State's world.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Alabama is still the team people want to beat, not Ohio St. Give coaches/fans a choice on which team they'd rather have a win over on their resume, and it's going to be Alabama the majority of time.

You are no more on top of the college football world than Auburn was in 2011 or Florida state was in 2014."

Considering Alabama can't find a QB over the last two years and have self admittedly had a week secondary they aren't the standard anymore.

Its Ohio State who is stacked at every position.

When people talk about who the best team is, the answer this pre season is always Ohio State by everyone.

Keep looking up son because Bama is not on top.