• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you spend your time and energy wondering if Saban is going to go back to the NFL like he did at LSU?

Because I don't sit around and worry about what Urban is going to do, next year or the year after that. It's completely pointless to speculate.

And if you think Alabama is on top of the CFB world currently you are dumber than I thought.

Ohio State is getting the most amount of attention this year and it isn't even close ( And actually I am not really happy about it but it's the truth.)

It's a discussion, and you aren't the only person here. I only responded after reading the crazy claims your other fans made in regards to the situation at Florida. Stop jumping into the middle of other discussions and then acting like people are talking about shit that doesn't matter to you. YOU JUMPED INTO THIS. Obviously you do care, and you do spend your time and energy wondering.

Oh, and you get a little hype right now? Tell me more.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Ohio State just made history by winning the first ever college playoff. Then they made history again by being named the first unanimous #1 ever in the history of the AP poll.

It's not Nick Saban headlining the ESPN CFB commercials, and the playoff trophy isn't sitting in Tuscaloosa.

OSU has the current #1 recruiting classes in both 2016 and 2017.

Until further notice, it's Ohio State's world.

When you get sick of seeing all that kind of shit, then you can start to talk.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want, but 6 bowl teams in 8 games isn't "awful", especially considering that 9th game was at Michigan State.

Neither I nor any OSU fan are trying to say we faced a murderer's row, but the hypotheticals can be said about nearly any NCAA champion of the last several decades, so I don't get the point in discussing it ad nauseum.

After the first 8 games(or 2/3 of the season) the buckeyes SOS was ranked 81st in the country. There were about a dozen or so mid majors that up to that point had played a more difficult schedule.

I'm not going to sit here and say Ohio State would have definitively lost games to anybody, because I don't know, all I'm saying is that Ohio State was aided by a back loaded schedule, and I'm basing that off of how they were playing early in the year and the opposition. If Ohio State blows out Va Tech, or even just beats them close I wouldn't be bringing this up.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a discussion, and you aren't the only person here. I only responded after reading the crazy claims your other fans made in regards to the situation at Florida. Stop jumping into the middle of other discussions and then acting like people are talking about shit that doesn't matter to you. YOU JUMPED INTO THIS. Obviously you do care, and you do spend your time and energy wondering.

Oh, and you get a little hype right now? Tell me more.

I don't worry one bit about what Urban's future is. He could be here for 15 more years or he may not. Worrying about it doesn't change the future. So you are wrong once a gain.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't worry one bit about what Urban's future is. He could be here for 15 more years or he may not. Worrying about it doesn't change the future. So you are wrong once a gain.

You joined an existing conversation only to tell me how much you don't care about the conversation.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first 8 games(or 2/3 of the season) the buckeyes SOS was ranked 81st in the country. There were about a dozen or so mid majors that up to that point had played a more difficult schedule.

I'm not going to sit here and say Ohio State would have definitively lost games to anybody, because I don't know, all I'm saying is that Ohio State was aided by a back loaded schedule, and I'm basing that off of how they were playing early in the year and the opposition. If Ohio State blows out Va Tech, or even just beats them close I wouldn't be bringing this up.

It's funny that all of you keep bringing it up in multiple threads.

I guess its the only thing you have to knock Ohio State for.....and it's hypothetical which makes it even more funny.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You joined an existing conversation only to tell me how much you don't care about the conversation.

I told you I didn't care about a specific point that you accused me of.

The conversation was about a hypothetical situation that you were trying to portray to make yourself feel better about bama getting waxed by Ohio State.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess its the only thing you have to knock Ohio State for.....and it's hypothetical which makes it even more funny.

The funny thing is that some of you are unable to admit something that is obvious because you perceive it as a knock on Ohio St. When it's really not even a knock, it's just an assessment of how things played out last year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you I didn't care about a specific point that you accused me of.

The conversation was about a hypothetical situation that you were trying to portray to make yourself feel better about bama getting waxed by Ohio State.

I was giving a response to someone else and you replied to it.

I guess you don't care so much you had to let me know anyway.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that some of you are unable to admit something that is obvious because you perceive it as a knock on Ohio St. When it's really not even a knock, it's just an assessment of how things played out last year.

I don't really care what you call it. I just find it funny you keep bringing it up.

Why would an tOSU fan admit that tOSU would lose a game they didn't play? Especially after this year.

I am pretty sure Bama fans don't practice that type of objectivity.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got pathetic when you Ohio St fans wanted to sit around and pretend like Urban Meyer had nothing to do with Florida.

The rest is just you Ohio St fans trying to inflate your accomplishments beyond the reality, which is even more pathetic since you won a national championship. Can't even admit that you benefited from a weaker schedule to start the season while your team improved over the year.

I have agreed. They did have a weaker schedule, that is obvious, and the team did improve. It just doesnt make sense when some, not sure even who brought it up, are saying if they played a harder schedule they wouldnt have won it. Anything is possible, maybe if they would have played a Pac-12 schedule they wouldnt have. Anyways, the SEC as a conference has been superior no doubt, even with Ohio St playing weaker opponents doesnt mean they still wouldnt have been position if they trade places with certain SEC teams, like I demonstrated. Honestly, it doesn't matter too much, but it is fun to discuss.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't comprehend apparently then. I literally just said I'm not going to sit here and argue who would beat who(which makes that hypothetical). I only started comparing hypothetical's when another Ohio State fan brought it up with an SEC team.

Across The Field went over all the lists of accomplishments Ohio State had this year, and congrats on all of that. I've never knocked Ohio State for doing that. I'd be dumb too.

There however, is nothing hypothetical about Ohio State's early season schedule, which was ranked 81st in the country or how they were playing early on, which IMO wasn't all that great. They played great the last 6 games of the year. So congrats.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving a response to someone else and you replied to it.

I guess you don't care so much you had to let me know anyway.

So this wasn't you accusing all Ohio State fans?

It got pathetic when you Ohio St fans wanted to sit around and pretend like Urban Meyer had nothing to do with Florida.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have agreed. They did have a weaker schedule, that is obvious, and the team did improve. It just doesnt make sense when some, not sure even who brought it up, are saying if they played a harder schedule they wouldnt have won it. Anything is possible, maybe if they would have played a Pac-12 schedule they wouldnt have. Anyways, the SEC as a conference has been superior no doubt, even with Ohio St playing weaker opponents doesnt mean they still wouldnt have been position if they trade places with certain SEC teams, like I demonstrated. Honestly, it doesn't matter too much, but it is fun to discuss.

No real complaints about your post, except this:

Will you also think these kinds of things don't matter or have any effect when people bitch about Alabama/SEC playing FCS teams in November rather than early in the year? Because I have to hear it every year and everyone seems to think it matters a bunch then.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. You may or may not be right. However, it really isn't relevant, as we proved we belong when it mattered most.

Good luck to your Irish this year. I'm higher on them than most. I like them as a definitely CFB contender if they can solidify the DL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real complaints about your post, except this:

Will you also think these kinds of things don't matter or have any effect when people bitch about Alabama/SEC playing FCS teams in November rather than early in the year? Because I have to hear it every year and everyone seems to think it matters a bunch then.

True. I have seen that as a problem in the past, but I also realize the SEC has been superior the last 8-10 years, so it really doesnt bother me. I dont mind people saying things, but I'm going to debate back :laugh3: :suds:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't comprehend apparently then. I literally just said I'm not going to sit here and argue who would beat who(which makes that hypothetical). I only started comparing hypothetical's when another Ohio State fan brought it up with an SEC team.

Across The Field went over all the lists of accomplishments Ohio State had this year, and congrats on all of that. I've never knocked Ohio State for doing that. I'd be dumb too.

There however, is nothing hypothetical about Ohio State's early season schedule, which was ranked 81st in the country or how they were playing early on, which IMO wasn't all that great. They played great the last 6 games of the year. So congrats.

You pretty much proved my point. You can't prove Ohio State would have won or lost with a harder schedule early on so what is the point? It's just funny that the same two people keep bringing up the same hypothetical.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. You may or may not be right. However, it really isn't relevant, as we proved we belong when it mattered most.

Good luck to your Irish this year. I'm higher on them than most. I like them as a definitely CFB contender if they can solidify the DL.

Could go either way really. We could see a repeat of 2012 or last years collapse at the end. I'm sure it will be somewhere in between(2-3 losses).

The DL did take a huge hit last week when senior starter Jarron Jones suffered a season ending injury. That really killed some depth. ND should still be solid, but can't really afford too many more injuries. ND should have a great back 7 on defense. Getting Russell back from him being a dumbass is big.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I have seen that as a problem in the past, but I also realize the SEC has been superior the last 8-10 years, so it really doesnt bother me. I dont mind people saying things, but I'm going to debate back :laugh3: :suds:

I have it on good authority that if you debate it all, then you are just trying to compensate for whatever your last loss was. ;)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pretty much proved my point. You can't prove Ohio State would have won or lost with a harder schedule early on so what is the point? It's just funny that the same two people keep bringing up the same hypothetical.

:L