• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you can't prove it, so what's the point. I could drum up about a million "what if" scenarios for every team.

No shit it can't be proven, I even said that it's completely hypothetical. I'm just taking the evidence presented to me, which is:

Ohio State struggled early in the year
Ohio State played an awful schedule the first 2/3 of the season

Based upon that information, it isn't far fetched to suggest, had they played better competition, they might have lost another game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Ohio State played 6 bowl teams in the first 2/3 of the season last year. I'd love to know how many teams in the nation can say that.

Also, we all saw that the SEC wasn't so daunting come bowl season. Their showing overall was not impressive. I think the best overall win for the entire conference was Louisville.

Boise State, Nevada, Louisiana-Lafayette, BYU, Navy, Wyoming, San Jose State, Southern Miss, Florida Atlantic, UTSA, Tulsa, SMU and Fresno State had harder schedules than Ohio State did the first 2/3 of the season.

Yes, the SEC only managed to go 7-5 in the bowl season, so by their standards it was a "down" year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right? LOL. LSU was in shambles early in the season, they had no identity. Not saying it would have been easy, but LSU wasnt very good early in the season. It might be tougher overall, of course when you add in the overrated teams, but I realistically only see one possibly two losses in that schedule. And Ole Miss was depleted late in the year, the only reason State couldnt beat them is bc they ran Prescott up the middle every play, it was pathetic. Ohio St had a much more balanced offense then State by far plus a better defense late in the year.

So too was Ohio State though. Plus the game would have been in death valley, according to the schedule. If Barrett struggled at home against Va Tech, what would he have done at night in death valley? Again, it's completely hypothetical, but given that scenario, I'd favor LSU. Also like I said the stretch following the LSU game for Mississippi State's schedule, IMO was tougher than Ohio State's with Cincy, MD, Rutgers, and PSU. Not saying they lose any of them, but that stretch is harder.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit it can't be proven, I even said that it's completely hypothetical. I'm just taking the evidence presented to me, which is:

Ohio State struggled early in the year
Ohio State played an awful schedule the first 2/3 of the season

Based upon that information, it isn't far fetched to suggest, had they played better competition, they might have lost another game.

Of course they also could have won those hypothectial games so...........what's the point?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State, Nevada, Louisiana-Lafayette, BYU, Navy, Wyoming, San Jose State, Southern Miss, Florida Atlantic, UTSA, Tulsa, SMU and Fresno State had harder schedules than Ohio State did the first 2/3 of the season.

Yes, the SEC only managed to go 7-5 in the bowl season, so by their standards it was a "down" year.

The seven wins were over teams that finished with records of
6-7
7-6
6-7
9-4
8-5
7-6
8-5 (mid major)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they also could have won those hypothectial games so...........what's the point?

Ohio State was fortunate to play an easy schedule early in the year when they were struggling.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So too was Ohio State though. Plus the game would have been in death valley, according to the schedule. If Barrett struggled at home against Va Tech, what would he have done at night in death valley? Again, it's completely hypothetical, but given that scenario, I'd favor LSU. Also like I said the stretch following the LSU game for Mississippi State's schedule, IMO was tougher than Ohio State's with Cincy, MD, Rutgers, and PSU. Not saying they lose any of them, but that stretch is harder.

They looked much better by the 4th game then the 1st 2 games. Josh Robinson MSU's running back had 197 yards in that game. LSU's defense looked awful, they gave up 570 total yards to MSU who doesnt have nearly the offense Ohio St did even early in the season. Barrett was really starting to click at that point. Going into the 4th MSU was in control 31-10. LSU was garbage early in the season.

And yes that stretch is harder but all those teams were vastly overrated and that's when tOSU's was starting to play much better, they didnt start playing elite until late in the year but those teams had no identity early---Auburn and LSU. A&M looked good, got blown out a couple times and had virtually no defense, just like Auburn. I see those games being much closer, but really no threat honestly.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-7
7-6
6-7
9-4
8-5
7-6
8-5 (mid major)

Yeah, I get that. That doesn't exactly help your cause.

Ohio State had the 81st ranked SOS going into their Michigan State game(or after 8 games, which is 2/3 of season) The mid major teams I mentioned, had more difficult schedules at that point in the season(which is what we're debating)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-7
7-6
6-7
9-4
8-5
7-6
8-5 (mid major)

I apologize, I thought you were going over Ohio State's wins the first 2/3 of the season. It's somewhat similar in record with the teams they played.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State was fortunate to play an easy schedule early in the year when they were struggling.

Wait a minute, they lost early in the year. That doesn't seem that fortunate.

I think they were fortunate they got better in the year while many other teams got worse. LIke almost the entire SEC WEst.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am responding too is that some people think tOSU's would have lost more in the SEC, that is basically just an opinion as we all know. Mississippi's States schedule is set up where the first 3 games are cupcakes. You have a LSU overrated team. You get a bye before a tough stretch with more overrated teams, but obviously better competition OSU faced. You get the elite SEC teams at the end of the year. Maybe tOSU doesnt lose a game at all the way that schedule is set up, but since they are in the SEC maybe they can get in the playoff anyway. The fact is we can play this game all day. OSU beat the best of the SEC in dominating fashion, it's really all that matters.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama was fortunate they didn't have to play a top 5 team on the road last year during the regular season like Ohio State had too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, they lost early in the year. That doesn't seem that fortunate.

I think they were fortunate they got better in the year while many other teams got worse. LIke almost the entire SEC WEst.

No doubt they got better later on in the year. They also played basically zero games after the Va Tech game, in which there was an actual threat to lose(in the first 2/3 of the season)

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they got better later on in the year. They also played basically zero games after the Va Tech game, in which there was an actual threat to lose(in the first 2/3 of the season)

I'd say Penn St provided a serious threat so it couldn't have been zero.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Penn St provided a serious threat so it couldn't have been zero.

Sure, but only because Ohio State played poorly that game. This is also the same Penn State team that lost to Northwestern at home 29-6, lost @ Michigan, lost to MD at home and lost @ Illinois, and was down about 15-20 scholly's.

My point is, based on talent alone, no teams were an immediate threat to beat Ohio State the first 2/3 of the season after the Va Tech game.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all we know, after the Va Tech loss tOSU could have found a way to beat anybody. Wouldn't have mattered who they played.

Or they might not have. Doesn't really matter does it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was fortunate they didn't have to play a top 5 team on the road last year during the regular season like Ohio State had too.

How fucking Boise St of you.

Oh wait, Boise St played a tougher schedule, nevermind.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking Boise St of you.

Oh wait, Boise St played a tougher schedule, nevermind.

I know, Boise St. played way more ranked teams and bowl eligible teams.

Oh wait, they didn't. Nevermind.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, Boise St. played way more ranked teams and bowl eligible teams.

Oh wait, they didn't. Nevermind.

You're in the same conversation and citing single games as the reason you had a tough season.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're in the same conversation and citing single games as the reason you had a tough season.

Apparently the sarcasm went right over your head.

Not surprised.