• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The last two times the Buckeyes opened the season at No. 1 (1998 and 2006), they finished No. 2.

• Pac 12 has six teams ranked in the preseason poll for the second straight year.

• Ohio State has appeared in the preseason poll for 27 consecutive years, the longest current streak and the fourth longest all-time. Oklahoma has the second longest current streak at 16 years.

• SEC has eight teams ranked for the third time, the most by any conference. SEC set the record in 2011 and had eight teams ranked last year.

• It is the eighth time Ohio State is ranked No. 1 in preseason. Only Oklahoma has been rated the top preseason team more times, with 10.

• Ten times the preseason No. 1 has gone on to win the national title. Only twice, Florida State in 1999 and Southern California in 2004, has the top-ranked team in the preseason poll gone wire-to-wire as No. 1.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Story. Glad its all fixed.

Remains to be seen, but good luck.

I'm glad you are able to make up whatever hypothetical conclusion you want just to make yourself feel better.

The simple fact of the matter is Ohio St improved as the year went on and you benefited from a generally weaker schedule. You would not have had that luxury in the SEC.

Which is kind of the reason Urban split to begin with.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple fact of the matter is Ohio St improved as the year went on and you benefited from a generally weaker schedule. You would not have had that luxury in the SEC.

Objection, your honor ... speculation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remains to be seen, but good luck.

Well judging how bowl season went and depending on their SEC schedule this is all speculation. Of course they werent the same team all year, but everything changes when you switch conferences. It is a different style of play, you could use that argument about any team.

Each conference team over the years adapt their style of play to their conference opponents.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objection, your honor ... speculation.

Fact: Ohio St improved as the year went on.

Fact: Ohio St played a weaker schedule and benefited from it.

Fact: The SEC starts conference play week 1, and teams find themselves playing tough competition right off the bat. SCar played A&M week 1, Alabama played Ole Miss in week3, etc.

Fact: Urban Meyer went to the hospital for chest pains the same night after losing to Alabama in 2009. He retired, then came back for the 2010 season where Florida went 8-5, didn't finish the season as a ranked team and lost to every ranked team they played(and some that weren't ranked). He then quit again at the end of the year. He couldn't even hack it in the SEC East, much less a super competitive division like the SEC West.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well judging how bowl season went and depending on their SEC schedule this is all speculation. Of course they werent the same team all year, but everything changes when you switch conferences. It is a different style of play, you could use that argument about any team.

Each conference teams over the years adapt their style of play to their conference opponents.

I don't think some of you are admitting to just how bad Ohio St was as a team to start last year. You lost to VT who then turned around and lost to East Carolina. That's pretty damn bad.

You got hot when it mattered most.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact: The SEC starts conference play week 1, and teams find themselves playing tough competition right off the bat. SCar played A&M week 1, Alabama played Ole Miss in week3, etc.

Fact: Urban Meyer went to the hospital for chest pains the same night after losing to Alabama in 2009. He retired, then came back for the 2010 season where Florida went 8-5, didn't finish the season as a ranked team and lost to every ranked team they played(and some that weren't ranked). He then quit again at the end of the year. He couldn't even hack it in the SEC East, much less a super competitive division like the SEC West.
Some SEC teams may have a conference game week 1, then comes 2 - 3 weeks of cupcakes. And not every sec team starts with a conference game, so let's not blow that smoke too thick. Let's also not overlook how over rated some of those teams were either. OSU had a shit opener, they won everything else. Let's call it "game control." Next, I don't give a fack about urban meyer and that side of the discussion. All I'm saying is that to state OSU wouldn't have faired as well with an "SEC" schedule is speculation, that's a fact, and in my opinion, straight bullshit.

:2cents:

:suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some SEC teams may have a conference game week 1, then comes 2 - 3 weeks of cupcakes. And not every sec team starts with a conference game, so let's not blow that smoke too thick. Let's also not overlook how over rated some of those teams were either. OSU had a shit opener, they won everything else. Let's call it "game control." Next, I don't give a fack about urban meyer and that side of the discussion. All I'm saying is that to state OSU wouldn't have faired as well with an "SEC" schedule is speculation, that's a fact, and in my opinion, straight bullshit.

Clemson wouldn't have made a bowl if they played in the SEC.

:D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and here is Alabama's schedule this year:

Week 1: Wisconsin - the team Ohio St played in the Big10 CG last year
Week 2: cupcake
Week 3: Ole Miss - conference
Week 4: cupcake
Week 5: Georgia - conference
Week 6: Arkansas - conference

Only 2 cupcakes for the 1st 6 weeks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have won the east for the last 3 or 4 years.

I'll allow it.

Only because Alabama will one day steal Dabo if he's successful and Saban retires.

:dhd:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So say Ohio St switches places with Mississippi St.

They start off with 3 cupcakes (Southern Miss, UAB, South Bama) and dont start off with a loss.
They go to LSU, who were also in shambles early and Miss St beat, when they never do year in and year out.
Then a Bye.
A&M and Auburn back-to-back. Both were overrated early in the year. We saw Auburn lose to Wisconsin who tOSU beatdown.
Then they get another Bye.
They get Kentucky, Arkansas, and UAB in 3 straight, with 2 more cupcakes. Arkansas was starting to play better, but really didnt play their best till very late in the season.
Then you get Bama. Possibly a loss but that still only leaves them with one loss at this point.
Vandy- easy cupcake win.
Then you end the year playing Ole Miss. At this point in the season tOSU was playing their best ball and Ole Miss had a ton of injuries.
Of course, you have the SEC Championship game possibly.

So going by this, Ohio St has possibly 1 loss or none going into the SEC Championship game and bowl season the same record as they had last season in the B1G. So I really dont want to hear it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So say Ohio St switches places with Mississippi St.

They start off with 3 cupcakes (Southern Miss, UAB, South Bama) and dont start off with a loss.
They go to LSU, who were also in shambles early and Miss St beat, when they never do year in and year out.
Then a Bye.
A&M and Auburn back-to-back. Both were overrated early in the year. We saw Auburn lose to Wisconsin who tOSU beatdown.
Then they get another Bye.
They get Kentucky, Arkansas, and UAB in 3 straight, with 2 more cupcakes. Arkansas was starting to play better, but really didnt play their best till very late in the season.
Then you get Bama. Possibly a loss but that still only leaves them with one loss at this point.
Vandy- easy cupcake win.
Then you end the year playing Ole Miss. At this point in the season tOSU was playing their best ball and Ole Miss had a ton of injuries.
Of course, you have the SEC Championship game possibly.

So going by this, Ohio St has possibly 1 loss or none going into the SEC Championship game and bowl season the same record as they had last season in the B1G. So I really dont want to hear it.

Miss St plays a bowl eligible schedule.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll allow it.

Only because Alabama will one day steal Dabo if he's successful and Saban retires.

:dhd:
He's a Tiger now. He's not going anywhere unless we send him packing. Ya'll only let the boy play 3 games or something like that. We gave him "the" starting spot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Tiger now. He's not going anywhere unless we send him packing. Ya'll only let the boy play 3 games or something like that. We gave him "the" starting spot.

We gave him a national championship and he lettered that year as a walk-on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, do ya'll just hand out letters to everyone? I thought you had to meet certain playing requirements.

He lettered 3 years as a walk-on, so apparently yes.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again speculation. He did "hack it" in the east and beat the west when he won two NC. To me that seems like he "hacked" it very well.