• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC east overall is a weak division right now. There is only three divisions I can see where Missouri could win and one is the SEC east. Vandy and Kentucky are jokes, SC and Tennessee are bad right now, Georgia is only great on paper but folds at least twice a year. And they are God Damn Florida. It's not like they are in some sort of bad recruiting area, they are one of the three best states for recruits and Miami sucks so they only have to compete with FSU for in state schools. I'm not going to blame Nick Saban for the near decade of sucking after he turned tail and ran from Michigan State, that's on MSU and Bobby Williams/JLS. But keep making excuses for a program that hired the wrong coach.

Muschamp also had to play LSU every year, play Bama twice in his four years, and played FSU OOC every year. I'm not making any excuses, I'm pointing out the fact it's much easier to do what Urban has done at Ohio State, compared to what Muschamp tried to do at Florida.

Some of it is Muschamp not be a good HC, and some of it is opposition Muschamp had to deal with.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschamp also had to play LSU every year, play Bama twice in his four years, and played FSU OOC every year. I'm not making any excuses, I'm pointing out the fact it's much easier to do what Urban has done at Ohio State, compared to what Muschamp tried to do at Florida.

Some of it is Muschamp not be a good HC, and some of it is opposition Muschamp had to deal with.
So why was he exponentially better his first two seasons on the job than his final 2? And why is it that somehow, after two successful seasons he shits the bed, it's Urban's fault?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I get it. You aren't proving any point, though. We aren't arguing over SOS, we're arguing as to why Florida sucks. Muschamp was able to go 11-1 against that strong SOS with the recruits Meyer left him but when those guys started leaving and Muschamp had to use his own guys he sucked ass. Plain and simple.

My point is part of the reason Florida has struggled, is because of the downgrade in HC from Urban, the situation he left them in, and the schedule they've had to play. I only brought this up because you talked about how Urban came in turned Ohio State around and won a title. I'm saying schedule plays a factor into that.

Reactions: gb2

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me guess, these are sagarin ratings.....

regardless Does that somehow excuse Muschamp for losing to an FCS school[/QUOTE]

No, AP rankings. If I went by Sagarin Muschamp would have played more I'm sure.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll looks ok I guess.
Can't really argue about where anybody is ranked right now.
As a Bama fan, I hate to say we might be a bit over-ranked because of our qb situation.
Give it a month and then we'll see.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, these are sagarin ratings.....

regardless Does that somehow excuse Muschamp for losing to an FCS school

No, AP rankings. If I went by Sagarin Muschamp would have played more I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

How about ranked wins? Who had more? Seems like Muschamp had a lot more opportunties to rack up ranked wins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is part of the reason Florida has struggled, is because of the downgrade in HC from Urban, the situation he left them in, and the schedule they've had to play. I only brought this up because you talked about how Urban came in turned Ohio State around and won a title. I'm saying schedule plays a factor into that.
That's fair to say, and I get what you're saying. I suppose I just don't see how it makes Florida Urban's fault when Muschamp started so well and then got worse in his 3rd and 4th seasons. Usually it's the other way around. If anything, that would show that Urban left them in better condition when he left than when Muschamp was fired.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why was he exponentially better his first two seasons on the job than his final 2? And why is it that somehow, after two successful seasons he shits the bed, it's Urban's fault?

Some of it was probably due to schedule break down for why the team performed worse in 2013. They got LSU, South Carolina and Missouri at home in 2012, they were road games in 2013. FSU was the best team in 2013 they weren't in 2012. I will admit, I'm not too locked in on Florida depth charts, but scanning the rosters it didn't look like too much was different, especially on the offensive side of the ball. It hurt Muschamp couldn't develop Driskell at all, he played fine in 2012 as a SO, was awful in 2013 as a JR.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, AP rankings. If I went by Sagarin Muschamp would have played more I'm sure.

How about ranked wins? Who had more? Seems like Muschamp had a lot more opportunties to rack up ranked wins.[/QUOTE]

Muschamp had 6 regular season wins against the top 25, Urban has had 5.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about ranked wins? Who had more? Seems like Muschamp had a lot more opportunties to rack up ranked wins.

Muschamp had 6 regular season wins against the top 25, Urban has had 5.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind you look at the situations between Michigan and Florida, it is pretty similar. Retiring coach that won them a national title left little behind at a powerhouse school and then they turn to sucking. Michigan blames Rich Rod, Florida blames Urban Meyer.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really surprised that this is the first time there has been an unanimous #1.

I would have thought this has happened numerous times over the years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had plenty of competition needed in order to take care of the SEC's best team, so there goes that argument.

Ohio St wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs if you played in the SEC. You got a free ride and made the most of it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the narrative here is that in the last several years Urban Meyer has single handily turned one program into a National Champion and another where he no longer coaches, into a doormat.

Can't say that I'm bothered about either.

Florida was a doormat before he left. It's why he had panic attacks and couldn't deal with the situation.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida was a doormat before he left. It's why he had panic attacks and couldn't deal with the situation.

And he didnt even get cold Dominoes pizza, they gave him Tebow tears to drink instead.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs if you played in the SEC. You got a free ride and made the most of it.

I'm glad you are able to make up whatever hypothetical conclusion you want just to make yourself feel better.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you are able to make up whatever hypothetical conclusion you want just to make yourself feel better.

While hypothetical, there is evidence to suggest he may be correct. Ohio State was aided by playing the first 2/3 of the season against a mid major type of schedule. Had Ohio State played against better competition earlier in the year it isn't far fetched to suggest they would have lost multiple games.