• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again speculation. He did "hack it" in the east and beat the west when he won two NC. To me that seems like he "hacked" it very well.

He did well until Saban arrived.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So say Ohio St switches places with Mississippi St.

They start off with 3 cupcakes (Southern Miss, UAB, South Bama) and dont start off with a loss.
They go to LSU, who were also in shambles early and Miss St beat, when they never do year in and year out.
Then a Bye.
A&M and Auburn back-to-back. Both were overrated early in the year. We saw Auburn lose to Wisconsin who tOSU beatdown.
Then they get another Bye.
They get Kentucky, Arkansas, and UAB in 3 straight, with 2 more cupcakes. Arkansas was starting to play better, but really didnt play their best till very late in the season.
Then you get Bama. Possibly a loss but that still only leaves them with one loss at this point.
Vandy- easy cupcake win.
Then you end the year playing Ole Miss. At this point in the season tOSU was playing their best ball and Ole Miss had a ton of injuries.
Of course, you have the SEC Championship game possibly.

So going by this, Ohio St has possibly 1 loss or none going into the SEC Championship game and bowl season the same record as they had last season in the B1G. So I really dont want to hear it.

Instead of Cincy, MD, Rutgers, and PSU; Ohio State would have gotten @ LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and Arkansas in that stretch. I'm not sure if Ohio State would have been "improved" enough to go to LSU and win that game, considering it was only 2 weeks after the Va Tech game.

There's just more losable games even with Mississippi State's schedule than Ohio State's even with Mississippi State playing garbage at the beginning.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be hating, he was a huge contributor to our national championship season and I'm sure he'll be reminded of that before they hire him.

12 games played in 1992! He was an excellent blocker and his stats just don't show it.

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh are picking certain points in time? You should like a Michigan fan.

Well we were talking about Urban in the SEC.

Does 2 wins, 2 losses, 1 panic attack and 1 family excuse mean that much to you?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we were talking about Urban in the SEC.

Does 2 wins, 2 losses, 1 panic attack and 1 family excuse mean that much to you?
I cant help it that Meyer cares for his players and it caused stress. Its not like he would step over an injured player on the ground in practice or anything. :D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant help it that Meyer cares for his players and it caused stress. Its not like he would step over an injured player on the ground in practice or anything. :D

Oatmeal creme pies go bad if you don't eat them fast.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oatmeal creme pies go bad if you don't eat them fast.
Really? I guess they would eventually but what kind of time frame are we looking at, years?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I guess they would eventually but what kind of time frame are we looking at, years?

Oh there is a huge difference between a really fresh oatmeal creme pie and the rest.

I bet Saban gets them direct from the factory, I'm jealous.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there is a huge difference between a really fresh oatmeal creme pie and the rest.

I bet Saban gets them direct from the factory, I'm jealous.
Another reason to hate that guy.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While hypothetical, there is evidence to suggest he may be correct. Ohio State was aided by playing the first 2/3 of the season against a mid major type of schedule. Had Ohio State played against better competition earlier in the year it isn't far fetched to suggest they would have lost multiple games.

Problem is you can't prove it, so what's the point. I could drum up about a million "what if" scenarios for every team.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remains to be seen, but good luck.

I'll take people close to the program's word for it.

The simple fact of the matter is Ohio St improved as the year went on and you benefited from a generally weaker schedule. You would not have had that luxury in the SEC.

Which is kind of the reason Urban split to begin with.

Actually that's just the reason you want to believe. Not the truth.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While hypothetical, there is evidence to suggest he may be correct. Ohio State was aided by playing the first 2/3 of the season against a mid major type of schedule. Had Ohio State played against better competition earlier in the year it isn't far fetched to suggest they would have lost multiple games.
To be fair, Ohio State played 6 bowl teams in the first 2/3 of the season last year. I'd love to know how many teams in the nation can say that.

Also, we all saw that the SEC wasn't so daunting come bowl season. Their showing overall was not impressive. I think the best overall win for the entire conference was Louisville.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty funny how bama fans make up tales and stories to help compensate and cope with getting beat in the most meaningful game ever played between tOSU and Bama.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of Cincy, MD, Rutgers, and PSU; Ohio State would have gotten @ LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and Arkansas in that stretch. I'm not sure if Ohio State would have been "improved" enough to go to LSU and win that game, considering it was only 2 weeks after the Va Tech game.

There's just more losable games even with Mississippi State's schedule than Ohio State's even with Mississippi State playing garbage at the beginning.

You're kidding right? LOL. LSU was in shambles early in the season, they had no identity. Not saying it would have been easy, but LSU wasnt very good early in the season. It might be tougher overall, of course when you add in the overrated teams, but I realistically only see one possibly two losses in that schedule. And Ole Miss was depleted late in the year, the only reason State couldnt beat them is bc they ran Prescott up the middle every play, it was pathetic. Ohio St had a much more balanced offense then State by far plus a better defense late in the year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty funny how bama fans make up tales and stories to help compensate and cope with getting beat in the most meaningful game ever played between tOSU and Bama.

It's pretty much the theme of SEC fans or TEAM SEC. "We are the best conference but if we lose you should have played our schedule". Pleeeease.

Ohio State was the best team last year plain and simple and they proved it on the field against the 2 best teams in the nation, and it wasnt close either.