• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He created a culture of entitlement for players where special favors and looking the other way was expected. This has an effect that goes beyond just those who are effected directly, it has an effect on the locker room, the attitude of the team, and so on.

Look at what Charlie Strong has had to do with Texas when he came in, kicking people off left and right. Why? Because he was trying to change the culture of the team.

Is that not specific enough for you?

It seems that Strong is changing things to how he wants it at TX. So maybe if FL just hired a good HC the same could have happened.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that Strong is changing things to how he wants it at TX. So maybe if FL just hired a good HC the same could have happened.

Yeah, they shouldn't have hired a 1st year HC.

But the point is - the program needed to be rebuilt.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not inside the Athletic dept or anything. My ex-wife was on the Alumni Assoc. board that last year and we were at every public event and parties and in the Prez's box for games and Tebow's family's tailgates and all that shit. All anybody ever talked about was the implosion. Addazio at OC and smashing Tebow into the line 3 plays a series...CUM refusing to do any fundraisers or anything else he didn't have to do. The rumors of his "bad heart" from all the trips to the hospital. It was really a fucking mess.
The whole time I could tell it was an anxiety disorder just from one afternoon I spent around him. It just didn't seem possible it could be a problem that simple because a grown-up would just see the doctor and get a pill.

Anyway, that's it.

He was homesick...only one thing can cure that.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they shouldn't have hired a 1st year HC.

But the point is - the program needed to be rebuilt.
I guess I see it as more put back on the right track. They had so much positive there it really just would take a guy to get them on track and they could have stayed on top. They surely had the players.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's original pre-preseason poll

Your heartbreak that Urban left The Swamp is pure entertainment. I'd be willing to bet you weren't talkin' shit about him when he was the Gators HC though. Anyway enjoy your upcoming season, I'm sure Florida won't pull off any upset & have a shitty year.

Haters are going to hate:trash:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He created a culture of entitlement for players where special favors and looking the other way was expected. This has an effect that goes beyond just those who are effected directly, it has an effect on the locker room, the attitude of the team, and so on.

Look at what Charlie Strong has had to do with Texas when he came in, kicking people off left and right. Why? Because he was trying to change the culture of the team.

Is that not specific enough for you?
Yes, I understand that he made mistakes there. It wasn't a good situation for him or the program. However, any time a coach is fired or leaves not in good standing, there's generally a culture change that has to happen.

For example - let's look at Ohio State. By the end of the Jim Tressel era, it was obvious that the players ran that team, not the coaches. You had huge egos like Pryor walking around as if they owned the city. Then Meyer came in, and dramatically turned things around. Players were held accountable for their actions. He overhauled the team and the environment, and they just won the national title.

This is why the UF excuses are nothing but bullshit. The reason Florida sucks is because Muschamp was a horrible choice. However, tons and tons of coaches have inherited situations as bad, if not worse, than the one that Muschamp inherited at Florida, so it's not like this was some unprecedented circumstance. Yes, Meyer had discipline problems at UF. However, it's not his fault UF went 11-13 the past two seasons while losing to Georgia Southern and having two separate incidents where his players block each other. UF fans need to stop bitching about him and start looking at why their program kept a fuck-up like Muschamp there for so long when he was clearly in over his head.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good point of that is the state Kiffin left things in and the bind Tennessee was in. Kiffin also took a bunch of recruits with him as I recall. That's one thing I've worried about with Kiffin since he came to Alabama as a result(rather than pretending only Dooley is at fault).

That's what Alabama had to do with Shula due to the shitty state of the program after Fran left, then we get Mike Price who never coaches a game. But even that really goes back to DuBose, as that probably had some effect on Fran leaving as well.

Kiffin has to be every AD's worst case scenario.

And yes, DuBose did a lotta' damage to the Vols.

dubose02_1268750a.JPG

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuts first unanimous number 1

The AP Top 25 Poll

That's not how you post a top 25 poll.

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5. Michigan State
6. Auburn
7. Oregon
8. USC
9. Georgia
10. Florida State
11. Notre Dame
12. Clemson
13. UCLA
14. LSU
15. Arizona State
16. Georgia Tech
17. Ole Miss
18. Arkansas
19. Oklahoma
20. Wisconsin
21. Stanford
22. Arizona
23. Boise State
24. Missouri
25. Tennessee

We all know how much preseason polls mean at the end of the day, but they're still fun to discuss.

Ohio State was the unanimous number 1.

This is how its done.

:thumb: Chewbaccer!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand that he made mistakes there. It wasn't a good situation for him or the program. However, any time a coach is fired or leaves not in good standing, there's generally a culture change that has to happen.

For example - let's look at Ohio State. By the end of the Jim Tressel era, it was obvious that the players ran that team, not the coaches. You had huge egos like Pryor walking around as if they owned the city. Then Meyer came in, and dramatically turned things around. Players were held accountable for their actions. He overhauled the team and the environment, and they just won the national title.

This is why the UF excuses are nothing but bullshit. The reason Florida sucks is because Muschamp was a horrible choice. However, tons and tons of coaches have inherited situations as bad, if not worse, than the one that Muschamp inherited at Florida, so it's not like this was some unprecedented circumstance. Yes, Meyer had discipline problems at UF. However, it's not his fault UF went 11-13 the past two seasons while losing to Georgia Southern and having two separate incidents where his players block each other. UF fans need to stop bitching about him and start looking at why their program kept a fuck-up like Muschamp there for so long when he was clearly in over his head.

Its also a lot easier to try and change that culture in the B1G, like Urban did at Ohio State, than in the SEC, like Muschamp tried to do.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tressel got fired because he covered up NCAA regulations. Some players getting tats on the side and shit is hardly the same thing. It's not even close.

And once again you keep trying to pin it all on Muschamp. We are talking about the state of the program when Urban left.