• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only has LSU had major disciplinary issues, but they've also had several very shitty seasons, like last season's 8-5 season. But since it's not Urban, they've "been brought to life" and "have been able to maintain it". Gotcha.

So what did Derek Dooley do that has made it impossible for Tennessee to be good?

Yes, the arrests have gone down. Good for Muschamp. However, are you telling me that it's impossible for Florida to have improved? It seems to me like it was much more just shitty coaching and talent development by Muschamp than it was anything from the Meyer days.

Many, many teams have arrest issues. It doesn't doom all of those schools. If they have competent leadership, they're fine. Blaming a coach who hasn't been there for 4 years for your school sucking ass and not being able to be competitive is nothing but bullshit and excuses.

Saban hasn't been at LSU for over 10 years. Take a look at where they were before and after, then shut the fuck up.

Derek Dooley would take awhile. I know a guy in their AD, he was a nightmare for them. Coaches create a culture around themselves and it stays for awhile. You'll even sometimes here coaches talking about wanting to change the culture.

And no, as I already stated the problem is Muschamp was a 1st time HC going into a situation where a program needed to be rebuilded. What you ignore in all that is that the program needed to be rebuilded due to the state it was left in you ignorant motherfucker.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got patience 4/20. I have some but not THAT much.

Everybody knows what happened. From the inside it looked even worse...a lot worse. I'd suggest every further post from ATF warrants a :

View attachment 22784
In other words - "No, I can't give an exact reason why it's Urban's fault, but I'm still pissy that he left my program and is winning titles elsewhere while my team sucks ass so I'll just blame it all on him anyhow."

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, people are really high on Aubarn for some reason. They will be good but not National title contenders, Muschamp wont have that much of an impact in year 1.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban hasn't been at LSU for over 10 years. Take a look at where they were before and after, then shut the fuck up.

Derek Dooley would take awhile. I know a guy in their AD, he was a nightmare for them. Coaches create a culture around themselves and it stays for awhile. You'll even sometimes here coaches talking about wanting to change the culture.

And no, as I already stated the problem is Muschamp was a 1st time HC going into a situation where a program needed to be rebuilded. What you ignore in all that is that the program needed to be rebuilded due to the state it was left in you ignorant motherfucker.
You tried saying LSU has kept things up since Saban was there and I pointed out your hypocrisy. I didn't say any of it was on your precious little Nicky, so just calm the fuck down.

Also, as I said, the mistakes Urban made at Florida have been made at many, many other schools, and they haven't completely imploded like Florida has, you ignorant motherfucker. All you're doing is speaking in generalities about what Meyer did without actually pin-pointing exactly what he did that made all of this his fault, as so many are trying to say it is.

He had discipline problems at Florida, but didn't have them at BG, Utah, or now at Ohio State (at least nowhere near the level he did at Florida). So, as I've been saying, this isn't all on him. A lot of it has to do with the Florida football program and not just the few years Meyer was there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, people are really high on Aubarn for some reason. They will be good but not National title contenders, Muschamp wont have that much of an impact in year 1.
I think a lot of it has to do with optimism around Johnson and their WRs. Johnson may end up being the best QB in the SEC.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer left Florida with a #1 recruiting class, 2 Top 10 and a #18 recruiting class. I would say it was Willie's fault.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hell being at the top, eh boys?

I hope I get to experience that one day. :first:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor at #4? Let's see what shakes out for Briles and see how long they stay up there.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean from the inside?

Not inside the Athletic dept or anything. My ex-wife was on the Alumni Assoc. board that last year and we were at every public event and parties and in the Prez's box for games and Tebow's family's tailgates and all that shit. All anybody ever talked about was the implosion. Addazio at OC and smashing Tebow into the line 3 plays a series...CUM refusing to do any fundraisers or anything else he didn't have to do. The rumors of his "bad heart" from all the trips to the hospital. It was really a fucking mess.
The whole time I could tell it was an anxiety disorder just from one afternoon I spent around him. It just didn't seem possible it could be a problem that simple because a grown-up would just see the doctor and get a pill.

Anyway, that's it.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read this (if you're interested) about Derek Dookie when you have the chance. :L

Oral History of the Derek Dooley Era at Tennessee

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this (if you're interested) about Derek Dookie when you have the chance. :L

Oral History of the Derek Dooley Era at Tennessee

A good point of that is the state Kiffin left things in and the bind Tennessee was in. Kiffin also took a bunch of recruits with him as I recall. That's one thing I've worried about with Kiffin since he came to Alabama as a result(rather than pretending only Dooley is at fault).

Hamilton kicked the tires on candidates throughout the country, but the timing and the situation that the new coach was going to inherit scared off many of them, including Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp. At one point it appeared they were close to bringing in someone from the Tennessee family.

That's what Alabama had to do with Shula due to the shitty state of the program after Fran left, then we get Mike Price who never coaches a game. But even that really goes back to DuBose, as that probably had some effect on Fran leaving as well.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not inside the Athletic dept or anything. My ex-wife was on the Alumni Assoc. board that last year and we were at every public event and parties and in the Prez's box for games and Tebow's family's tailgates and all that shit. All anybody ever talked about was the implosion. Addazio at OC and smashing Tebow into the line 3 plays a series...CUM refusing to do any fundraisers or anything else he didn't have to do. The rumors of his "bad heart" from all the trips to the hospital. It was really a fucking mess.
The whole time I could tell it was an anxiety disorder just from one afternoon I spent around him. It just didn't seem possible it could be a problem that simple because a grown-up would just see the doctor and get a pill.

Anyway, that's it.

I hope you informed his doctors as they did not diagnose his issue as quickly as you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you're doing is speaking in generalities about what Meyer did without actually pin-pointing exactly what he did that made all of this his fault, as so many are trying to say it is.

He created a culture of entitlement for players where special favors and looking the other way was expected. This has an effect that goes beyond just those who are effected directly, it has an effect on the locker room, the attitude of the team, and so on.

Look at what Charlie Strong has had to do with Texas when he came in, kicking people off left and right. Why? Because he was trying to change the culture of the team.

Is that not specific enough for you?