• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 released

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel got fired because he covered up NCAA regulations. Some players getting tats on the side and shit is hardly the same thing. It's not even close.

And once again you keep trying to pin it all on Muschamp. We are talking about the state of the program when Urban left.
No, you're trying to talk about the state of the program when Urban left because that's the only thing that matters in your mind. I personally don't think a program that's supposed to be of Florida's stature should be whining and bitching about a coach that left over 4 years ago when the topic is why the program currently sucks so bad. It's about 97% Muschamp/his assistants and 3% Meyer.

I've explained this long enough and you just don't understand. A large part of it is because you want to defend your SEC brethren, so whatever. Fact is, as I've said, Meyer didn't leave Florida any worse off than dozens of other coaches have left programs in the history of the game, and only the loser programs sit and bitch about a coach from 4 years ago rather than look at what they're currently doing wrong in trying to rectify the situation. It also doesn't help when the coach you blame for so much went to a program that had similar culture overhaul needs and did it and is the best team in the nation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they play actual competition while you play in the Big10.
We had plenty of competition needed in order to take care of the SEC's best team, so there goes that argument.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because of the opposition. Just compare Muschamp's first year at Florida to that of Urban at Ohio State. Florida played FIVE teams in 2011 better than the best team Ohio State played in 2012, that's pretty significant.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the opposition. Just compare Muschamp's first year at Florida to that of Urban at Ohio State. Florida played FIVE teams in 2011 better than the best team Ohio State played in 2012, that's pretty significant.
So you're saying if Ohio State was in the SEC, we'd be no better than Florida right now?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying if Ohio State was in the SEC, we'd be no better than Florida right now?

No, I never said that. I'm saying it's a lot easier to turn the "culture" around when one team is playing easier competition as opposed to playing harder competition. And Ohio State was also fortunate to have easier access to winning the national championship with a playoff, something Muschamp never got the opportunity to have, despite having a regular season as good as Ohio State's last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I never said that. I'm saying it's a lot easier to turn the "culture" around when one team is playing easier competition as opposed to playing harder competition. And Ohio State was also fortunate to have easier access to winning the national championship with a playoff, something Muschamp never got the opportunity to have, despite having a regular season as good as Ohio State's last year.
I get that. Using that rationale would completely and entirely suggest it's all on Muschamp then.

I see Muschamp come in playing almost entirely with Meyer's kids and go 18-8 over his first two seasons. Then when Meyer's kids are mostly filtered out, Muschamp has to play with his own recruits and goes 11-13 in his last two seasons.

So, again, this is what the UF fans just don't seem to get. Stop bitching and whining about Meyer and start realizing that you're in this mess because Muschamp was a horrible coach and he and his staff did a horrible job of evaluating and developing talent.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschamp lost to a FCS team that didn't complete a single pass for an entire game.
G E O R G I A S O U T H E R N

That was in his third year. I'm sorry there are no excuses for that. None. Muschamp could be given this years Ohio State team and he would find a way to just sneak into a bowl game. Had Florida hired a competent coach, they would be running that division that has two of the 7 worst football programs in the power 5.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschamp lost to a FCS team that didn't complete a single pass for an entire game.

That was in his third year. I'm sorry there are no excuses for that. None. Muschamp could be given this years Ohio State team and he would find a way to just sneak into a bowl game. Had Florida hired a competent coach, they would be running that division that has two of the 7 worst football programs in the power 5.
Bingo.

He mightily struggled to even compete in a division whose winner lost at home to Indiana.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Using that rationale would completely and entirely suggest it's all on Muschamp then.

I see Muschamp come in playing almost entirely with Meyer's kids and go 18-8 over his first two seasons. Then when Meyer's kids are mostly filtered out, Muschamp has to play with his own recruits and goes 11-13 in his last two seasons.

So, again, this is what the UF fans just don't seem to get. Stop bitching and whining about Meyer and start realizing that you're in this mess because Muschamp was a horrible coach and he and his staff did a horrible job of evaluating and developing talent.

Some of it is on Muschamp obviously, but Urban didn't exactly leave him a ready made situation, which I think is fair. And Urban is also a better head coach than Muschamp is, so Florida was downgrading in a head coach, going into a bad situation.

But Urban hasn't had to deal with the opposition Muschamp had to deal with. It was already starting to come apart his last year there. And then Muschamp has to play #1 Bama, #2 LSU, a top 10 South Carolina a top 20 Georgia team and a top 25 FSU team his first season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, some, if not most, is obviously on Muschamp, like I stated. Urban didn't leave him a ready made situation, and Urban is a better coach than Muschamp, so Florida was downgrading in head coach, but anybody they hired would have been a downgrade.

I'm just saying Urban didn't have to fact the same type of opposition as Muschamp did, which makes it more difficult, entering a bad situation, to turn it around.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every dog has his day. CUM started well at UF, too.

It makes me kinda' queezy when OSUx peeps chide me about UF's crash post-Urban. Yeah, we got fucked but will come back around. Good luck to you on your coming disaster.

I am trying to understand the logic here. You think just because something happened during a coaches tenure at one school it automatically means its going to happen when he goes somewhere else?

So did you expect Nick Saben to leave for the NFL again after 5 years at Alabama?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, some, if not most, is obviously on Muschamp, like I stated. Urban didn't leave him a ready made situation, and Urban is a better coach than Muschamp, so Florida was downgrading in head coach, but anybody they hired would have been a downgrade.

I'm just saying Urban didn't have to fact the same type of opposition as Muschamp did, which makes it more difficult, entering a bad situation, to turn it around.
The SEC east overall is a weak division right now. There is only three divisions I can see where Missouri could win and one is the SEC east. Vandy and Kentucky are jokes, SC and Tennessee are bad right now, Georgia is only great on paper but folds at least twice a year. And they are God Damn Florida. It's not like they are in some sort of bad recruiting area, they are one of the three best states for recruits and Miami sucks so they only have to compete with FSU for in state schools. I'm not going to blame Nick Saban for the near decade of sucking after he turned tail and ran from Michigan State, that's on MSU and Bobby Williams/JLS. But keep making excuses for a program that hired the wrong coach.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is on Muschamp obviously, but Urban didn't exactly leave him a ready made situation, which I think is fair. And Urban is also a better head coach than Muschamp is, so Florida was downgrading in a head coach, going into a bad situation.

But Urban hasn't had to deal with the opposition Muschamp had to deal with. It was already starting to come apart his last year there. And then Muschamp has to play #1 Bama, #2 LSU, a top 10 South Carolina a top 20 Georgia team and a top 25 FSU team his first season.
See, this part is where it becomes total bullshit. What new coach comes into a "ready made situation"? That's usually the circumstance when a coaching change occurs. Rarely do you see a coach leave a great environment that has been winning at a high level for a long time. I can think of maybe a couple in the last decade or so.

That, however, doesn't mean it's on Meyer. The fact that Muschamp was able to do much better with what Meyer left him than what he was able to cultivate on his own is the exact point I'm trying to make. Florida sucks because of Muschamp, not Meyer. If they'd of gotten even a decent head coach in there, they would be fine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC east overall is a weak division right now. There is only three divisions I can see where Missouri could win and one is the SEC east. Vandy and Kentucky are jokes, SC and Tennessee are bad right now, Georgia is only great on paper but folds at least twice a year. And they are God Damn Florida. It's not like they are in some sort of bad recruiting area, they are one of the three best states for recruits and Miami sucks so they only have to compete with FSU for in state schools. I'm not going to blame Nick Saban for the near decade of sucking after he turned tail and ran from Michigan State, that's on MSU and Bobby Williams/JLS. But keep making excuses for a program that hired the wrong coach.
Every single part of what you said is 100% on the nose.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

He mightily struggled to even compete in a division whose winner lost at home to Indiana.

Top 25 teams Muschamp faced during regular season : 25
Top 5 teams Muschamp faced during regular season: 9

Top 25 teams Urban has faced during regular season: 6
Top 5 teams Urban has faced during regular season: 2

So unless Urban plays 7 top 5 teams this regular season, and 19 top 25 teams this season Muschamp will have played an incredibly tougher schedule.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the narrative here is that in the last several years Urban Meyer has single handily turned one program into a National Champion and another where he no longer coaches, into a doormat.

Can't say that I'm bothered about either.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So unless Urban plays 7 top 5 teams this regular season, and 19 top 25 teams this season Muschamp will have played an incredibly tougher schedule.
Dude, I get it. You aren't proving any point, though. We aren't arguing over SOS, we're arguing as to why Florida sucks. Muschamp was able to go 11-1 against that strong SOS with the recruits Meyer left him but when those guys started leaving and Muschamp had to use his own guys he sucked ass. Plain and simple.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, these are sagarin ratings.....

regardless Does that somehow excuse Muschamp for losing to an FCS school

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jim McElwain doesn't turn the Gators football program is that Urban Meyer's fault?:noidea: