• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll Released 10-13-13

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat someone with a pulse OOC, or a top 2 or 3 team from the PAC, SEC, or ACC before I'm convinced the level of elite in the B-one-G is to the same level of elite in those other conferences.

At his point, being in an extremely week conference, there is nothing to support Ohio Taint being a top 10 team.

Also, this means you're a troll.

Nebraska came into the B1G when A. OSU was at it's lowest point in decades, B. Michigan was still reeling from the Rich Rod era, C. Michigan State was dealing with replacing it's best offenses in years, D. Penn State was dealing with the start (and subsequent sanctions) of the Sandusky shit. You've beaten and inconsistent but talented Wisconsin team once and been throttled by them then. You beat Ohio State and Michigan only because both games involved them bringing in their dreadfully horrid backup QBs due to injuries to the starters, when in the other games you played against both schools with them at full strength, you were murdered. In your 2 years (and 2 games) in this conference, you're 1-1 with Ohio State (only won because of Braxton's injury in what was otherwise going to be a bloodbath loss for you), 1-1 vs Michigan (in a game where Gardner wasn't even a QB yet and Robinson was hurt in the first half), 1-1 vs. Northwestern (1 point win) and 1-2 vs. Wisconsin (3 point win, two losses by 30+ points each). Stop acting like you're ruling the roost while the B1G is at it's peak or something.

For the last time, also, nobody is touting the B1G anymore as being elite. Not here and not anywhere else in the country. When you come on a board and start spewing hate about a team or conference when nobody else is even touting them, you are being a troll. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Ohio St winning one for the Big10, I just don't have much confidence in them. I think their team is a little weak, but a great coach none the less.

Offensively, we're definitely there. Defensively, you're right. We are showing tremendous potential but we also show our lack of experience a lot of times. Hopefully the group grows as the season goes on. They should be a definitely strength next year, but our O is gonna take some lumps replacing 4 of 5 starters on the OL. :L

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do people get out of calling someone a troll? Do some of you noobs think trolling is a bannable offense on this board?

Board rules explicitly say "2. Trolling is a part of message board life. However, if you are not clever enough to entertain the rest of us, you will be sent back to the minor leagues." If RA if trolling, then he is being clever about it and seems to be entertaining most of us outside of acorn land.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA is only expressing his opinion - an opinion that is rustling a few peeps weenut sized jimmies. Get over it already...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do people get out of calling someone a troll? Do some of you noobs think trolling is a bannable offense on this board?

Board rules explicitly say "2. Trolling is a part of message board life. However, if you are not clever enough to entertain the rest of us, you will be sent back to the minor leagues." If RA if trolling, then he is being clever about it and seems to be entertaining most of us outside of acorn land.

...yes...

It was made very clear that if we brought any of the Disney-style trolling here we'd be banned, and many already have been...

Why do you want trolling?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yes...

It was made very clear that if we brought any of the Disney-style trolling here we'd be banned, and many already have been...

Because i'm not a crybaby and am man enough to ignore something that rustles my jimmies? :noidea:

Someone said something negative about your sports team, they didn't grab your old ladies titty and spit beer in your face. This is a message board on a sports website. It's not meant to be taken serious all the time.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yes...

LMAO!!!

Are you calling for me to be banned?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively, we're definitely there. Defensively, you're right. We are showing tremendous potential but we also show our lack of experience a lot of times. Hopefully the group grows as the season goes on. They should be a definitely strength next year, but our O is gonna take some lumps replacing 4 of 5 starters on the OL. :L

Clearly it's all about this season for Ohio St. I think you guys have a great chance to win it all, I think the path is clear to the Championship game, you'd really only have to show up for that one, and I think you have the coach to do so.

My only issues with Ohio St is the defense at times, and I just do not trust Braxton. I don't know why, I just don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because i'm not a crybaby and am man enough to ignore something that rustles my jimmies? :noidea:

Someone said something negative about your sports team, they didn't grab your old ladies titty and spit beer in your face. This is a message board on a sports website. It's not meant to be taken serious all the time.

If I came on here calling out VT fans for saying VT was better than Bama over and over again, I would essentially be equal to RA at this point. I didn't ask if you're bothered by trolls, I asked why you'd want them. That's like saying "I want bee stings because I have a high pain threshold". It may not be the worst thing in the world, but you still don't want it because it just isn't pleasant and serves no purpose and is basically just a pain in the ass for no reason.

LMAO!!!

Are you calling for me to be banned?

If you keep devoting all your time to acting like this, sure. You're being a complete dick for no reason whatsoever. You're calling out fans of B1G teams for acting as if our conference is elite when not a single one of us is. There's no purpose for that, so just leave.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly it's all about this season for Ohio St. I think you guys have a great chance to win it all, I think the path is clear to the Championship game, you'd really only have to show up for that one, and I think you have the coach to do so.

My only issues with Ohio St is the defense at times, and I just do not trust Braxton. I don't know why, I just don't.

I'd actually say 2016 may be a better overall team so long as the 3 QBs we'll have then aren't all horrible (2 haven't played a snap and one has only played garbage time in one game). The offensive line and entire defense will likely be better than this year's, and we're going to have an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions.

I get the Braxton thing. He has all the potential in the world but he has really had some lapses of judgement in his career that can leave you scratching your head. It will be interesting to see what happens by year's end. The defense HAS to get itself together to compete with, say, Oregon. However, the offense can go toe to toe with anyone.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'm not worried at all about where Wisconsin is ranked this season. They'll move up as they win games from here out, and could quite conceivably go 10-2 for the year. But the Ohio State game was the one that mattered for the Rose Bowl (it's unlikely that OSU loses two games), and the ASU debacle likely keeps us from an at-large bid at 11-1.

All that matters now is where they finish in the B1G pecking order come selection time for the Cap One, Outback, etc.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State should be at #10. They are the worst of the undefeated AQ teams. And their schedule totally blows.

Georgia, Florida, Washington and Wisky shouldn't even be ranked. 4-2 and ranked? Please. When are the pollsters ever going to stop ranking teams based on "name recognition" and popularity, instead concentrating on who are the best teams in the nation? Probably never.

Georgia's defense is so laughably terrible that they could lose to any of the FBS teams on their schedule if Murray doesn't have a great game every time he plays.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is :burt:

Honestly, its not a stretch to call Ohio State elite. They have recruited better than most SEC teams over the last few years and have the athletes to play with anyone. Ohio State's own worst enemy this year is the Big Ten.

It also didn't help them to have a bad OCC schedule. Shit happens..

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State should be at #10. They are the worst of the undefeated AQ teams. And their schedule totally blows.

Georgia, Florida, Washington and Wisky shouldn't even be ranked. 4-2 and ranked? Please. When are the pollsters ever going to stop ranking teams based on "name recognition" and popularity, instead concentrating on who are the best teams in the nation? Probably never.

Georgia's defense is so laughably terrible that they could lose to any of the FBS teams on their schedule if Murray doesn't have a great game every time he plays.

:L

Here we go...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, its not a stretch to call Ohio State elite. They have recruited better than most SEC teams over the last few years and have the athletes to play with anyone. Ohio State's own worst enemy this year is the Big Ten.

There are a lot of posters hellbent on trying to make Ohio State fans think our team blows and is overrated with no actual reasoning or support at all. Not sure where all of the hate is coming from, but whatever.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now you know how the ACC champions over the last few years have felt. You get slighted when your conference sucks. Unless they all improve you'd better get used to it. At least tOSU does have the great name recognition so that always helps.

But when your schedule blows nobody can possibly tell how good you really are.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you know how the ACC champions over the last few years have felt. You get slighted when your conference sucks. Unless they all improve you'd better get used to it. At least tOSU does have the great name recognition so that always helps.

This is nonsense and I see the almighty transitive property logic at work. Ohio State has more than name recognition. They have proved themselves over and over against top talented teams. SOS in college football is meaningless. Ohio State is a proven commodity on the field in college football. They have elite players, coaches and facilities. Nothing in college football is certain except better coaching and players.

Its a long season still yet and TOSU might find itself in the cat house at the end of the season if everything works out. Not going to worry about, but no way TOSU is not one of the better teams in college football. Thats crazy to even suggest they are 10th at best.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, the ACC just won their third BCS bowl game and that was over a mid-major. The ACC champions haven't been doing themselves any favors in the big game.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nonsense and I see the almighty transitive property logic at work. Ohio State has more than name recognition. They have proved themselves over and over against top talented teams. SOS in college football is meaningless. Ohio State is a proven commodity on the field in college football. They have elite players, coaches and facilities. Nothing in college football is certain except better coaching and players.

They have? Their record vs the SEC alone, proves otherwise.

And only in the mind of a B1G fan is SoS meaningless.