• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll Released 10-13-13

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of posters hellbent on trying to make Ohio State fans think our team blows and is overrated with no actual reasoning or support at all. Not sure where all of the hate is coming from, but whatever.

There is only 1 poster on here telling you your team blows...Everybody else is saying show me...The only evidence we have that you are elite is you have a good coach and he recruits well...so does Mack Brown...

Look at last year, you struggled with half your B1G opponents, many of whom got clobbered by the elite teams OOC, yet all we heard last year from many of you was how you got robbed of a NCG opportunity.

Maybe the problem is semantics...when I say elite I'm talking about top 3-5 teams. You guys want to be top 15, great, I would grant you that if you played Boise's schedule based on the talent and coaching. You want to be top 5...beat a ranked team OOC or at least blow a ranked team out of your building....none of this 31-24 or 17-16 shit....you're allowed to have those games against ranked teams...but when it is every game it is difficult for many to see you as elite.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have? Their record vs the SEC alone, proves otherwise.

And only in the mind of a B1G fan is SoS meaningless.

Ohio State alone has twice as many BCS wins as the ACC. Tied for most BCS wins in the entire nation. Yes, we are as proven a commodity as there is in the BCS era.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only 1 poster on here telling you your team blows...Everybody else is saying show me...The only evidence we have that you are elite is you have a good coach and he recruits well...so does Mack Brown...

Look at last year, you struggled with half your B1G opponents, many of whom got clobbered by the elite teams OOC, yet all we heard last year from many of you was how you got robbed of a NCG opportunity.

Maybe the problem is semantics...when I say elite I'm talking about top 3-5 teams. You guys want to be top 15, great, I would grant you that if you played Boise's schedule based on the talent and coaching. You want to be top 5...beat a ranked team OOC or at least blow a ranked team out of your building....none of this 31-24 or 17-16 shit....you're allowed to have those games against ranked teams...but when it is every game it is difficult for many to see you as elite.

Last year was year 1 with a brand new coaching staff and a brand new system. Breaking in a new head coach with new coordinators with players who had a different system in every year they had been on the team is hardly an easy task, and we went 12-0.

There is also more than 1 person saying this... RA, Geneh, and Bino immediately come to mind.

Why do you think every game last year or this year has been close? Only half our wins in 2012 were by single digits, and only one this season has been. OSU has nothing to prove in terms of being an elite team. We've proven it many, many times. Do we have some bad losses in the last decade? Sure, who doesn't? Shit, Bama lost to directional Louisiana just a few years ago. The problem is, posters like you and the other OSU haters don't apply your criticisms of OSU to the other teams in the nation, and that just makes you look biased against OSU. For example, last year nobody ripped UGA or LSU for barely escaping with wins over 2 dreadful teams in Auburn and Kentucky, yet everyone ripped OSU for every single game they played. If you want to be objective with your criticisms, I and basically any other OSU fan will listen. The problem is that people can't give (especially this season) any legit reason why they think OSU is overrated except that "The B1G blows". So does the Big 12, the AAC, and for the most part, the ACC. Like I said, apply your criticisms to everyone and not just the team you're biased against.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I could care less about polls right now. The only one that counts is the final one and if you are not #1 in that one, it is a fail.

Sure non NC bowl games are nice, more practice, time a little bonus for the team, money for the school, potential for a trip for the fans...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about polls right now. The only one that counts is the final one and if you are not #1 in that one, it is a fail.

Sure non NC bowl games are nice, more practice, time a little bonus for the team, money for the school, potential for a trip for the fans...

I don't know if I agree with this per se. There are teams like Western Michigan or Kansas that clearly knew in their hearts coming into this season that they weren't a National Title contender. However, had either team won 9-10 games, I'd call that a resounding success.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know if I agree with this per se. There are teams like Western Michigan or Kansas that clearly knew in their hearts coming into this season that they weren't a National Title contender. However, had either team won 9-10 games, I'd call that a resounding success.

OK I can see that. But teams like Miami and OSU (and others) IMO no NC= fail.

Look, the gators are still ranked...the poll is flawed.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I can see that. But teams like Miami and OSU (and others) IMO no NC= fail.

Look, the gators are still ranked...the poll is flawed.

Yeah I can definitely see what you mean. Then again, say OSU and Miami go unbeaten but get left out of the NC because both Bama and Oregon run the table. If we both win our respective bowl games, I'd call the season a great success.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah I can definitely see what you mean. Then again, say OSU and Miami go unbeaten but get left out of the NC because both Bama and Oregon run the table. If we both win our respective bowl games, I'd call the season a great success.

Ah, we'll drop a stupid game. Moot for us. ;)

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, we'll drop a stupid game. Moot for us. ;)

Well if you don't think they have what it takes this year, are you expecting more next season?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well if you don't think they have what it takes this year, are you expecting more next season?

Not sure, once again our "kids" are getting good playing time. Mostly due to lack of competition and boo-boos. I expected 9-3 at best this year, if we continue on the path we are on now, maybe 10-2 or with some real good bounces 11-1 this year.
But then again we could drop the remaining 7...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, once again our "kids" are getting good playing time. Mostly due to lack of competition and boo-boos. I expected 9-3 at best this year, if we continue on the path we are on now, maybe 10-2 or with some real good bounces 11-1 this year.
But then again we could drop the remaining 7...

Ha, well I highly, highly doubt that. But I see what you mean. Miami has been pretty consistent this season. They could definitely beat Florida State and Va Tech, and the rest of the schedule is a cakewalk. I'm liking Clemson less and less by the week, but if they upset FSU they could end up facing Miami in the ACC CCG. It wouldn't be that farfetched IMO to see Miami in the Orange.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ha, well I highly, highly doubt that. But I see what you mean. Miami has been pretty consistent this season. They could definitely beat Florida State and Va Tech, and the rest of the schedule is a cakewalk. I'm liking Clemson less and less by the week, but if they upset FSU they could end up facing Miami in the ACC CCG. It wouldn't be that farfetched IMO to see Miami in the Orange.

It could happen, fo sho. Hell, we would have played in the ACCCG last year if we did not self impose.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State should be at #10. They are the worst of the undefeated AQ teams. And their schedule totally blows.

Georgia, Florida, Washington and Wisky shouldn't even be ranked. 4-2 and ranked? Please. When are the pollsters ever going to stop ranking teams based on "name recognition" and popularity, instead concentrating on who are the best teams in the nation? Probably never.

Georgia's defense is so laughably terrible that they could lose to any of the FBS teams on their schedule if Murray doesn't have a great game every time he plays.

So you'd rather drop them be because they're 4-2, only to jack them back up when they get to 8-2 or 10-2? Wisconsin lost to a decent AQ conference team, in a true road game at night, on a play where the refs screwed up and denied them a chance to kick a winning FG. And they lost to #4, also in a true road game at night. Losing those two games certainly means they're not a top 10 team, but they were expected to lose those when they were ranked preseason.

The polls should reflect the 25 best teams in the country, not the 25 teams with the best win-loss records to date. I don't think there are 25 teams that would be expected to beat Wisconsin on a neutral field this year. That's why they should be ranked.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually say 2016 may be a better overall team so long as the 3 QBs we'll have then aren't all horrible (2 haven't played a snap and one has only played garbage time in one game). The offensive line and entire defense will likely be better than this year's, and we're going to have an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions.

I get the Braxton thing. He has all the potential in the world but he has really had some lapses of judgement in his career that can leave you scratching your head. It will be interesting to see what happens by year's end. The defense HAS to get itself together to compete with, say, Oregon. However, the offense can go toe to toe with anyone.

Everyone is talking about Oregon and Alabama, some even say Clemson. But I say don't count out the Buckeyes just yet.

Offense does look explosive. As long as Braxton can keep throwing the long ball. I know Ohio St will be near the top again next season, but what I'm saying is it's all in this season. Who gives a shit about next season, specially if you're still undefeated.

The one road block now is Michigan, and they seem to be weak, and could be a walk through for the Buckeyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of posters hellbent on trying to make Ohio State fans think our team blows and is overrated with no actual reasoning or support at all. Not sure where all of the hate is coming from, but whatever.

My post doesn't say tOSU blows. It says their schedule blows. They haven't beaten anybody. Who have they beaten? Who do they even play that could beat Oregon or Clemson?

I don't hate tOSU, never said I did. I hate the fact that they are ranked where they are because of their brand name and history.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post doesn't say tOSU blows. It says their schedule blows. They haven't beaten anybody. Who have they beaten? Who do they even play that could beat Oregon or Clemson?

I don't hate tOSU, never said I did. I hate the fact that they are ranked where they are because of their brand name and history.

You do realize they are loaded with talent all over the place and have one of the top 2-3 coaches of the last decade, right? There is much more to their high ranking than their brand name and history.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize they are loaded with talent all over the place and have one of the top 2-3 coaches of the last decade, right? There is much more to their high ranking than their brand name and history.

OSU is loaded yes. Their coaching staff is good YES. The problem that many OSU fans I hear on the radio have is that they do not understand the difference between their schedule and RESUME not being up to par with other schools. It is not their fault that the B1G is really down this year. But they are in that conference and their resume is not as impressive as Oregon's, Clemson's, and so on. The biggest game this year was against the then #16 team in the country.

It is hard to deny the talent on OSU, but it is equally hard to deny that their resume is going to be very bleak. Michigan really fucked OSU over. OSU needed Michigan to win out and get highly ranked. Not going to happen now. OSU is now going to need Clemson, Oregon, UCLA, and Bama to all lose one game to get into the NCG. Because if any two of those are undefeated unfortunately for OSU they will be left out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif