• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll Released 10-13-13

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you can't ignore it, Texas looks to have shored up my biggest issue with their defense...poor tackling. If they had tackled on Saturday like they did against BYU they would have lost. Well, that and shitty defensive play calling, but they also fixed that too.

Oregon St. is a weird one. Their defense is porous, and their offense is one-dimensional in the extreme, but that one dimension is pretty impressive. Mannion is averaging over 400 yds and 4 TD's a game, and he only has 3 picks.

I'm not saying either is BCS bound, but at the end of the year, I expect both to be ranked.
-
Very possible. I though OU did a terrible job game planning. Texas has been destroyed by QB runs all year and more to the pt assignment football. OU did not test that. It was certainly an improvement, but OU failed to test their weakness. Defense was terrible only 1 game prior. I would assume if Texas beats TCU, you may see then ranked. It was one good game, so I am not ready to call it a trend. People tend to overreact to one game in either direction. Lets talk in 3 weeks and then we will no if OU was a the beginning of a trend or a positive blip in a poor season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valtimore is right. Nobody disagrees that the B1G isn't a good conference this year. A lot of teams have really disappointed. The point he couldn't back up was how and why Ohio State was overrated. All he did was say the same Disney-level troll crap about them and even though I challenged him probably 3-4 times as to how they are the most overrated team in the nation, he couldn't respond.

Come on KC. Don't encourage the obvious troll. Even Tomhusker called him a troll and he's a Nebraska fan.

BTW - love the fact you are gonna keep on keepin on with the new avy. :suds:

link?

To the exact verbiage.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If A is true, that the B1G is not a good conference this year...then doesn't B(that Ohio St. is overrated) almost happen by default when your OOC schedule consists of a Buffalo team that Baylor beat by 57, a SDSU team that also lost to Eastern Illinois, a Cal team that is 0-3 in conference and beat Portland State 37-30 and an FCS Florida A&M team that got it's 1st conference win against powerhouse(lol) Savannah St. on the weekend. And last year's slate was equally unimpressive as was the B1G, and we don't even have a bowl game to judge either, so 18-0 sounds great, but.

Now I'm not saying that Ohio St. is not potentially a good team, even maybe a great team, I'm just saying that you guys make it way too easy for the pollsters to discount what you have accomplished.

That is spot on to what I keep posting, yet Sox keeps ignoring it and saying I'm not supporting my assertion and calling me a troll.

By requesting the same information over and over while labeling the messenger a troll, Sox is the one using disney tactics to distract from that data is all. If he keeps asking it's as if it was never posted to someone who hasn't read the whole thread.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is spot on to what I keep posting, yet Sox keeps ignoring it and saying I'm not supporting my assertion and calling me a troll.

By requesting the same information over and over while labeling the messenger a troll, Sox is the one using disney tactics to distract from that data is all. If he keeps asking it's as if it was never posted to someone who hasn't read the whole thread.

Once again, I'll ask this: What has Ohio State done to make them overrated? What have 11-14 teams done that make them better? I want specific examples and specifics to actually back up your opinions, as I provide with mine, otherwise you're no more than a troll in my (and many others) eyes.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go

You said he "called me a troll".

You called me a troll.

He did not say I was trolling. He was responding to your statement about me showing anger towards the Big 10.

I grew up next to Big 10 country and the never ending hype spewed about them as if we're still in the leather helmet days. I've never liked the Big 10. I've never been so vocal about it. So there is some truth that he hasn't seen me posting like I have. I gave Nebraska 2 years in the B-one-G to see just how good the B-one-G is with Nebraska actually playing in it.

I see the same ol' same ol' Big 10 hype, yet an extremely less quality Nebraska program leading the conference in wins with the toughest in conference schedule in 2011 and 2012.

The B-one-G is an overhyped conference and that Ohio St is the elite in it is meaningless fodder on a national scale.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat someone with a pulse OOC, or a top 2 or 3 team from the PAC, SEC, or ACC before I'm convinced the level of elite in the B-one-G is to the same level of elite in those other conferences.

At his point, being in an extremely week conference, there is nothing to support Ohio Taint being a top 10 team.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can't control how shitty or not shitty the conference is... If other teams win out, Ohio State is being left out of NCG consideration regardless...

I guess I don't understand where the vitriol is coming from...

And frankly I could care less how the rest of the B1G does, I dislike every other B1G team other than Ohio State and hope they lose every game they play...

You've made your point, the B1G sucks (as usual) and therefore isn't a good barometer to tell how good or bad a team is that claims to be elite...

Personally, I would've made my point more eloquently instead of using derogatory terms in a poor attempt to make my argument seem more valid... But that's just me...

Best of luck to you

Last edited by a moderator:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat someone with a pulse OOC, or a top 2 or 3 team from the PAC, SEC, or ACC before I'm convinced the level of elite in the B-one-G is to the same level of elite in those other conferences.

At his point, being in an extremely week conference, there is nothing to support Ohio Taint being a top 10 team.

cool you called us Ohio Taint again... very clever... and really helps me to see your side of the argument..

Perhaps if you throw "suckeyes" in there it will further sway me to your point of view!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can't control how shitty or not shitty the conference is... If other teams win out, Ohio State is being left out of NCG consideration regardless...

I guess I don't understand where the vitriol is coming from...

And frankly I could care less how the rest of the B1G does, I dislike every other B1G team other than Ohio State and hope the lose every game they play...

You've mad your point, the B1G sucks (as usual) and therefore isn't a good barometer to tell how good or bad a team is that claims to be elite...

Personally, I would've made my point more eloquently instead of using derogatory terms in a poor attempt to make my argument seem more valid... But that's just me...

Best of luck to you

Fair enough :suds:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Auburn ranked?

Hell, while I'm at it, why is Florida still ranked? Why is Georgia in the top fifteen? Hell, I think Texas A&M might be overrated because of how awful their defense is this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool you called us Ohio Taint again... very clever... and really helps me to see your side of the argument..

Perhaps if you throw "suckeyes" in there it will further sway me to your point of view!

Sorry

I'm very wrong for doing that.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Very possible. I though OU did a terrible job game planning. Texas has been destroyed by QB runs all year and more to the pt assignment football. OU did not test that. It was certainly an improvement, but OU failed to test their weakness. Defense was terrible only 1 game prior. I would assume if Texas beats TCU, you may see then ranked. It was one good game, so I am not ready to call it a trend. People tend to overreact to one game in either direction. Lets talk in 3 weeks and then we will no if OU was a the beginning of a trend or a positive blip in a poor season.

I didn't understand that either...if you've got a big QB who has demonstrated some ability to run the ball, why wouldn't you use him or at least threaten to.

I agree with the wait and see, but I think if the fundamentals are right, Texas has more talent than most of the teams left on their schedule. Not saying they win out, but enough to get ranked, which is light years from where they were a few weeks ago.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand that either...if you've got a big QB who has demonstrated some ability to run the ball, why wouldn't you use him or at least threaten to.

I agree with the wait and see, but I think if the fundamentals are right, Texas has more talent than most of the teams left on their schedule. Not saying they win out, but enough to get ranked, which is light years from where they were a few weeks ago.
-
Texas probably has top 10 talent (maybe not with McCoy). That is why betting on Texas or predicting their next 3 games is folly.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Texas probably has top 10 talent (maybe not with McCoy). That is why betting on Texas or predicting their next 3 games is folly.

Whoa...hold your horses, I didn't say I was putting money on them, lol, that's crazy talk. What I expect is for them to win most of the games they should, maybe dropping one, and lose most of the games they shouldn't, maybe picking up one. Now which games are which, I have no idea. but I would not be surprised with an 8 win regular season.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Ohio St winning one for the Big10, I just don't have much confidence in them. I think their team is a little weak, but a great coach none the less.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Auburn ranked?

How is Auburn not ranked? Out of all the official one loss teams, they have the single best loss (a competitive road loss at LSU) and though they lack a great win, they have three solid wins. What makes them any worse than, say, Stanford? Their wins are slightly worse, but their loss is MUCH better.

If anything, Auburn is criminally underrated. I'm not sure how anybody could have beneath some of the teams people have ranked between 20 and 25.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa...hold your horses, I didn't say I was putting money on them, lol, that's crazy talk. What I expect is for them to win most of the games they should, maybe dropping one, and lose most of the games they shouldn't, maybe picking up one. Now which games are which, I have no idea. but I would not be surprised with an 8 win regular season.
-
8 wins probably doesnt get you ranked.