• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll Released 10-13-13

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty sure Red Alert just set some B1G fanboys straight. I've never looked at it from his point of veiw but i do kind of agree. (SEC is overrated this year as well). Everyone calling him a troll doesn't have a counter argument to prove him wrong.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty sure Red Alert just set some B1G fanboys straight. I've never looked at it from his point of veiw but i do kind of agree. (SEC is overrated this year as well). Everyone calling him a troll doesn't have a counter argument to prove him wrong.

Seriously? He says the same damn thing in every post, and when countered repeats himself again. If that's "setting people straight" I guess you're right?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas was 1 loss away from playing for the MNC that year foo. That fat dude had them fuckers playing some fooseball. :yahoo:

The best win those fuckers had before the bowl game was over Dan Lefevour and the mighty Chippewas of Central Michigan. There's a reason they were 1 of only 2 BCS conference schools with only 1 loss yet didn't come close to playing in the NCG.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Valtimore is right. Nobody disagrees that the B1G isn't a good conference this year. A lot of teams have really disappointed. The point he couldn't back up was how and why Ohio State was overrated. All he did was say the same Disney-level troll crap about them and even though I challenged him probably 3-4 times as to how they are the most overrated team in the nation, he couldn't respond.

Come on KC. Don't encourage the obvious troll. Even Tomhusker called him a troll and he's a Nebraska fan.

BTW - love the fact you are gonna keep on keepin on with the new avy. :suds:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Footnote:

What do Texas, Oregon St., Michigan St. and Nebraska all have in common.

Answer:

They are the only AQ teams who have winning conference records but are unranked.

Meanwhile Washington and Oklahoma St. are the only ranked teams with .500 or worse conference records.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody disagrees that the B1G isn't a good conference this year. A lot of teams have really disappointed. The point he couldn't back up was how and why Ohio State was overrated.

If A is true, that the B1G is not a good conference this year...then doesn't B(that Ohio St. is overrated) almost happen by default when your OOC schedule consists of a Buffalo team that Baylor beat by 57, a SDSU team that also lost to Eastern Illinois, a Cal team that is 0-3 in conference and beat Portland State 37-30 and an FCS Florida A&M team that got it's 1st conference win against powerhouse(lol) Savannah St. on the weekend. And last year's slate was equally unimpressive as was the B1G, and we don't even have a bowl game to judge either, so 18-0 sounds great, but.

Now I'm not saying that Ohio St. is not potentially a good team, even maybe a great team, I'm just saying that you guys make it way too easy for the pollsters to discount what you have accomplished.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Footnote:

What do Texas, Oregon St., Michigan St. and Nebraska all have in common.

Answer:

They are the only AQ teams who have winning conference records but are unranked.

Meanwhile Washington and Oklahoma St. are the only ranked teams with .500 or worse conference records.

Its 2 games in for some of those teams, so this is some serious data mining. You coudl have said that after 2 conference games about LSU and A&M.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If A is true, that the B1G is not a good conference this year...then doesn't B(that Ohio St. is overrated) almost happen by default when your OOC schedule consists of a Buffalo team that Baylor beat by 57, a SDSU team that also lost to Eastern Illinois, a Cal team that is 0-3 in conference and beat Portland State 37-30 and an FCS Florida A&M team that got it's 1st conference win against powerhouse(lol) Savannah St. on the weekend. And last year's slate was equally unimpressive as was the B1G, and we don't even have a bowl game to judge either, so 18-0 sounds great, but.

Now I'm not saying that Ohio St. is not potentially a good team, even maybe a great team, I'm just saying that you guys make it way too easy for the pollsters to discount what you have accomplished.

I'm sorry, but "we" don't have anything to do with the scheduling as fans... As far as the OOC goes, yes it sucks ass, but Vandy backed out and Cal was good when we scheduled them like 5 years ago...

That said, I honestly have no idea how good tOSU is, our offense has been brilliant in flashes, but has also been very inconsistent at times as well... Whether this is due to play calling or just shit execution, your guess is as good as mine...

Don't even get me started on our pass defense, luckily our run defense is pretty good...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valtimore is right. Nobody disagrees that the B1G isn't a good conference this year. A lot of teams have really disappointed. The point he couldn't back up was how and why Ohio State was overrated. All he did was say the same Disney-level troll crap about them and even though I challenged him probably 3-4 times as to how they are the most overrated team in the nation, he couldn't respond.

Come on KC. Don't encourage the obvious troll. Even Tomhusker called him a troll and he's a Nebraska fan.

In fairness Ohio State came in ranked 17th in S&P+ and 14th in F+ rankings this week. Computers using straight data do not love them to this pt, which is a solid argument for them being over ranked. OSU has a young defense, so things change. They are winning and perhaps the data will eventually catch up to the record. Last yr ND was 10th in F+ and and 7th in S&P+, so records are not everything.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BuckinGA put it pretty fairly. Another thing is, while the B1G has been disappointing, we still are facing a tougher slate than the AAC, Big 12, and from a depth standpoint, the ACC. Teams like Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, NW, and Nebraska could definitely challenge anyone from the Big 12 or ACC. I mean, we've seen both Florida State and Clemson struggle mightily with a very, very bad Boston College program (Clemson also struggled with a mediocre at best NC State team), and both Baylor and Oklahoma looked VERY beatable this last weekend. Right now, it's the Pac12/SEC looking down on everyone else. That said, Ohio State clearly has the pedigree of a title contender with their coaching and elite talent.

On the whole "doesn't B happen by default" thing, don't forget that last year, the ACC and Big East were bad conferences yet we saw LSU and Florida lose to teams from both conferences in bowls, while we also saw top 10 South Carolina need a miraculous deep TD pass in the final seconds to get past 8-5 Michigan.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I honestly have no idea how good tOSU is...

That was really my point, you don't know, I don't know, and the pollsters don't know. It's also not your fault that the B1G is down, but it also doesn't help your cause.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness Ohio State came in ranked 17th in S&P+ and 14th in F+ rankings this week. Computers using straight data do not love them to this pt, which is a solid argument for them being over ranked. OSU has a young defense, so things change. They are winning and perhaps the data will eventually catch up to the record. Last yr ND was 10th in F+ and and 7th in S&P+, so records are not everything.

I do not know what those things are and I really don't put much stock into them. Maybe that makes me ignorant, but all I know is Urban Meyer has been a proven winner at several different stops including the toughest conference in the nation and we have a Heisman-caliber QB, at least one RB that will be playing on Sundays in 2014, some excellent talent at WR, and a very good, experienced OL. While you're right that the D is young, it's also incredibly talented with 2 players that could easily go 1st round in 2014 with several others that will be 1st rounders in 2015 and beyond.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know what those things are and I really don't put much stock into them. Maybe that makes me ignorant, but all I know is Urban Meyer has been a proven winner at several different stops including the toughest conference in the nation and we have a Heisman-caliber QB, at least one RB that will be playing on Sundays in 2014, some excellent talent at WR, and a very good, experienced OL. While you're right that the D is young, it's also incredibly talented with 2 players that could easily go 1st round in 2014 with several others that will be 1st rounders in 2015 and beyond.
-
They are statistical rankings. They did not include this past weeks action. They try to even out the SOS and base results on that, obviously a gross over-simplification of the 2 systems. You are talking about non-tangible things, like Meyer's previous success. I was just pointing out there are some signs that OSU could be considered over rated at the pt of the season. Its quite early, so I would not be offended. AS you know I thought OSU was over-rated coming into the season, because I thought they had some things to prove. I will say I thought the WIsconsin game was a very positive data pt for your side.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuckinGA put it pretty fairly. Teams like Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, NW, and Nebraska could definitely challenge anyone from the Big 12 or ACC. I mean, we've seen both Florida State and Clemson struggle mightily with a very, very bad Boston College program (Clemson also struggled with a mediocre at best NC State team), and both Baylor and Oklahoma looked VERY beatable this last weekend. Right now, it's the Pac12/SEC looking down on everyone else. That said, Ohio State clearly has the pedigree of a title contender with their coaching and elite talent.

Yes, and Michigan barely beat a UConn team that Maryland destroyed...what happened to Maryland against FSU...these transitive games are fun...

What has Mich St. or Nebraska done this year to give you any indication they could hang with any elite team. and if you think FSU and Clemson struggled mightily with BC, then you must think NW struggled with Maine and Cal. Wisc has looked really good at times, but they've already lost to you guys and let an ASU team that isn't as good as it's hype take them to the wire, whether you count that as a win or a loss.

And if we really wanted to talk about struggled we could talk about any of the 6 wins you guys had last year by a touchdown or less...3 of those teams still remain on your 2013 schedule.

Again, I think Ohio St. is an elite team because everything about them says they should be, but they've done very little to prove it on their way to 18-0.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't think RA is trolling. He's not saying this to piss people off. He's saying it because he truly believes it. The point i think he was making is that OSU is unproven and if you were to try to prove they were a good team you wouldn't be able to because competition in the B1G is really down.

Appreciate it man! I'm going to keep it around probably till Bama week or so.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 2 games in for some of those teams, so this is some serious data mining. You coudl have said that after 2 conference games about LSU and A&M.

You kind of missed my point Codaxx, most teams are 3 games in, and at 3-0 both Texas and Oregon St. probably deserve more love than they are getting. I will be willing to make the bet that both of these teams finish the year in the top 25, but it will take both some time to overcome shitty OOC losses.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings don't really matter(as far as LSU goes) for me at this point, here's why. Clemson still has to play Florida st and South Carolina. I see Fla. St getting atleast 1 loss between Clemson, Miami and Florida. Oregon still has to play Ucla and Stanford....and lastly we still have the chance to beat Bama, and A&M. I can legitamely see all these teams having atleast 1 loss outside of Ohio St(although that game against Michigan is always 50/50.) We may end up with the debate of does a 1 loss SEC team jump an undefeated Ohio St. I can't wait until the playoff gets here...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kind of missed my point Codaxx, most teams are 3 games in, and at 3-0 both Texas and Oregon St. probably deserve more love than they are getting. I will be willing to make the bet that both of these teams finish the year in the top 25, but it will take both some time to overcome shitty OOC losses.
You cant ignore the out of conference. Texas has one decent win in OU. ISU and KSU are not good. KSU is -03 in conference. Oregon State played Utah, Colorado and WSU. Colorado is 0-3, Utah 1-2, and WSU 2-2. I am glad you are pumping the Horns, but I see absolutely nothing in the resume to believe they should be ranked. Through 6 games I would only say KSU and OU were better than average showings.I do not know enough about Oregon State to comment intelligently on them.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant ignore the out of conference. Texas has one decent win in OU. ISU and KSU are not good. KSU is -03 in conference. Oregon State played Utah, Colorado and WSU. Colorado is 0-3, Utah 1-2, and WSU 2-2. I am glad you are pumping the Horns, but I see absolutely nothing in the resume to believe they should be ranked. Through 6 games I would only say KSU and OU were better than average showings.I do not know enough about Oregon State to comment intelligently on them.

While you can't ignore it, Texas looks to have shored up my biggest issue with their defense...poor tackling. If they had tackled on Saturday like they did against BYU they would have lost. Well, that and shitty defensive play calling, but they also fixed that too.

Oregon St. is a weird one. Their defense is porous, and their offense is one-dimensional in the extreme, but that one dimension is pretty impressive. Mannion is averaging over 400 yds and 4 TD's a game, and he only has 3 picks.

I'm not saying either is BCS bound, but at the end of the year, I expect both to be ranked.