• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Up for a very Wild Conspiracy Theory?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Belichick threew the game in Green Bay because he wanted the Packers to retain possession of playoff home field advantage in the NFC rather than see Seattle get it.

Obviously alot of important games to be played over the last four weeks. But, if Seattle and Green Bay both run the table the rest of the regular season, that Green Bay/New England game is going to loom large.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - still gotta win in Philly. Still gotta win in Zona. I get it. Still, I knew the Pats were going to lose that game. And in losing it, Belichick keeps the Seahawks from conttrolling their own destiny if they want HFA.

I mean, if Bill thinks his team is superbowl bound and he has a choice, where would he want the NFC Championship game played? Seattle or Green Bay? And if he really wanted to win that game, would he give more than one touch top a guy who gained 199 yards on the ground two weeks ago? I can see him dsiciplining Gray in a home game against Detroit, but you'd think he would want his best offensive weapons for a road game in GB.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.... Just no.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I think someone over thought this to much.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying hard to imagine a scenario where the Patriots would throw a game and even though I'm sure there's one, I can't think of it. PV, who are you saying BB is more intimidated with? Seattle?

Between you guys and Green Bay, barring a major injury, ain't no one else winning the Lombardi this year. Green Bay beat NE without trying too hard.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying hard to imagine a scenario where the Patriots would throw a game and even though I'm sure there's one, I can't think of it. PV, who are you saying BB is more intimidated with? Seattle?

Between you guys and Green Bay, barring a major injury, ain't no one else winning the Lombardi this year. Green Bay beat NE without trying too hard.

Yes, I like BB is more intimidated with Seattle. At least, he is morre intimidated with the Seattle team he's seen the lastt two games. I dislike the Patriots as much as you do, Hammer. I'd like to think GB could beat them regardless. But don't you think Jonas Gray, who has never fumbled, would have gotten more than one touch if Cheatichick really wanted to win that game? Instead he gives the ball the LaGarrett Fumblitis Blount.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance it even entered his mind.

The Packers and Seahawks both pose serious challenges to the Patriots, or anyone else for that matter.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way they would much rather win and make sure they get homefield throughout the playoffs because another loss and a denver win means they would have to travel away in the conference championship game

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Pats are more worried about who gets HFA in the AFC vs. the NFC. There's 3 3 loss teams in the AFC so it isn't even a stretch that the Pats won't get the bye.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance... Pats can care less about what were doing in the NFC... They want home field over Denver and that loss could have cost them that... SO no way....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not a chance that the thought entered his mind.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance. Pats haven't even got their own division locked up. Miami and Buffalo are both 7-5 and have yet to play the Pats twice this season. Miami already beat them once.

Regardless, that's SO far down the road and the playoffs are so unpredictable. You don't lose games this early (especially when you're impacting a different conference) to impact a conference/division etc. You're trying to win/secure homefield and nobody has ever done that week 12 (least to my knowledge). You might throw the LAST game on purpose, but still pretty rare.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Belichick threew the game in Green Bay because he wanted the Packers to retain possession of playoff home field advantage in the NFC rather than see Seattle get it.

Obviously alot of important games to be played over the last four weeks. But, if Seattle and Green Bay both run the table the rest of the regular season, that Green Bay/New England game is going to loom large.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - still gotta win in Philly. Still gotta win in Zona. I get it. Still, I knew the Pats were going to lose that game. And in losing it, Belichick keeps the Seahawks from conttrolling their own destiny if they want HFA.

I mean, if Bill thinks his team is superbowl bound and he has a choice, where would he want the NFC Championship game played? Seattle or Green Bay? And if he really wanted to win that game, would he give more than one touch top a guy who gained 199 yards on the ground two weeks ago? I can see him dsiciplining Gray in a home game against Detroit, but you'd think he would want his best offensive weapons for a road game in GB.

1240325433_old-dude-bong-smoking.gif

:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to take a timeout from the internet for a while if this is what you sit around thinking about. There is still a quarter of the season to be played with very little room for any team to lose a game at this point and you think BB is worried about playing Seattle or where the NFC Championship game is? I mean Seattle still has a pretty tough schedule left with all the teams remaining except 1 with a winning record and the one without a winning record honestly might be the toughest of the group with how they are playing right now. I mean I would worry about the health of Russell Wilson in that one with how often that front-4 will be in his face. So again it is time to take a timeout and rethink what in the world you are doing on the internet.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to take a timeout from the internet for a while if this is what you sit around thinking about. There is still a quarter of the season to be played with very little room for any team to lose a game at this point and you think BB is worried about playing Seattle or where the NFC Championship game is? I mean Seattle still has a pretty tough schedule left with all the teams remaining except 1 with a winning record and the one without a winning record honestly might be the toughest of the group with how they are playing right now. I mean I would worry about the health of Russell Wilson in that one with how often that front-4 will be in his face. So again it is time to take a timeout and rethink what in the world you are doing on the internet.

Sometimees I think about 43-8.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimees I think about 43-8.

Look at you thinking you're clever. As much as you want to think the rest of the league thinks about Seattle as much as you do well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but no they don't. Especially with a whole month worth of games left and teams still not clenching any of the divisions let alone playoff positioning. You really think New England is more worried about whether the NFC Championship game is in Seattle or Green Bay compared to if the AFC Championship game is in Denver or New England? I can guarantee to you that New England is thinking a whole heck of a lot more about AFC teams catching them than they are about what happens in the NFC. They can't just afford to throw a game away in the hopes that it might work out that Seattle can't catch the Packers now for home field. I mean even the conspiracy theory people would call you nuts for thinking as such.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at you thinking you're clever. As much as you want to think the rest of the league thinks about Seattle as much as you do well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but no they don't. Especially with a whole month worth of games left and teams still not clenching any of the divisions let alone playoff positioning. You really think New England is more worried about whether the NFC Championship game is in Seattle or Green Bay compared to if the AFC Championship game is in Denver or New England? I can guarantee to you that New England is thinking a whole heck of a lot more about AFC teams catching them than they are about what happens in the NFC. They can't just afford to throw a game away in the hopes that it might work out that Seattle can't catch the Packers now for home field. I mean even the conspiracy theory people would call you nuts for thinking as such.

If you are not thinking about Seattle, why are you here reading and posting on the Seattle board?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not thinking about Seattle, why are you here reading and posting on the Seattle board?

Because there are some decent posters on here that I enjoy reading what they write. Plus if you actually read what I put I said teams don't spend as much time as that poster thinks not fans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh cdumler is obsessed with Seahawks posters like the OP, nevermind that every other Seahawk poster said "nope" he's got to address the OP himself and set him straight.:rollseyes: He likes to think he's non basis in his posts, but the fact that he feels the need to counter Seahawks posters at every turn, says otherwise. Never the less he's a good guy...a good guy, obsessed with the Seahawks and their fans. It's going to kill him if the Seahawks repeat.:pound:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh cdumler is obsessed with Seahawks posters like the OP, nevermind that every other Seahawk poster said "nope" he's got to address the OP himself and set him straight.:rollseyes: He likes to think he's non basis in his posts, but the fact that he feels the need to counter Seahawks posters at every turn, says otherwise. Never the less he's a good guy...a good guy, obsessed with the Seahawks and their fans. It's going to kill him if the Seahawks repeat.:pound:

I apologize for agreeing with most of the Seahawks fans on this topic yet being treated like a hostile person on the thread. I will leave the same way I came in.