• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that ref no call was right in the spurs game?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So exactly what I said last night lol. If the ref properly called the delay of game on Manu, everything else is erased because OKC would have gotten the inbound it again.

LUSC insisted that it was not delay of game on Ginobli.

Love it when I'm right

Didn't see your post, but I also thought a delay of game was the correct call to be made on Ginobili for stepping on the line. Am I crazy, or do I remember teams used to employ this all the time on end of game possessions to get a look at what a team might run during the final play? I can't remember a time where I've seen a team do this in recent years. That's why I was sure it was a delay of game call, or should have been.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see your post, but I also thought a delay of game was the correct call to be made on Ginobili for stepping on the line. Am I crazy, or do I remember teams used to employ this all the time on end of game possessions to get a look at what a team might run during the final play? I can't remember a time where I've seen a team do this in recent years. That's why I was sure it was a delay of game call, or should have been.

They used to years ago. I believe the reason they stopped it is because 2 delay of games now equal a technical foul.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used to years ago. I believe the reason they stopped it is because 2 delay of games now equal a technical foul.

Wasn't that always the case. I distinctly remember watching games and thinking if someone got a delay of game, it hampered the teams ability to do one late in games because of the tech? Or maybe in general there are a lot more delay of game calls now than there were previously (i.e. touching the ball after it goes through the hoop).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that always the case. I distinctly remember watching games and thinking if someone got a delay of game, it hampered the teams ability to do one late in games because of the tech? Or maybe in general there are a lot more delay of game calls now than there were previously (i.e. touching the ball after it goes through the hoop).

Yeah. I'm not sure if they changed the rule in the final 2 minutes regarding delay of games which stopped teams from doing that. Maybe any delay of game in the final 2 minutes now is a T.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

But was it on the line?? :L Unbelievable.

So you just missed the whole point, huh? Unbelievable. Not one time did I say he didn't step on the line. I said, from replay, you can barely tell if he stepped on the line. So, how in the hell could the refs tell in real time? A no call on that should be ok. There is no way in hell, it should be a no call on Waiters clearing space from out of bounds.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm not sure if they changed the rule in the final 2 minutes regarding delay of games which stopped teams from doing that. Maybe any delay of game in the final 2 minutes now is a T.

Gordon posted this on the series thread:

Page 39, Rule No. 12, Section II, #5

(5) A defender crossing the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

PENALTY: The first offense is a warning. A technical foul shall be assessed with each successive offense and charged to the team. An announcement will be made by the public address announcer. The 24-second clock shall remain the same or reset to 14, whichever is greater, if the violation is assessed against the defensive team. The offensive team shall be awarded a new 8 seconds to advance the ball if it is in the backcourt. There is no change in timing status if any of these violations are assessed against the offensive team. If repeated acts become a travesty, the head coach shall be notified that he is being held responsible.

EXCEPTION (5): In the last two minutes of the fourth period and last two minutes of any overtime period, a technical foul will be assessed if the defender crosses or breaks the plane of the boundary line when an offensive player is in a position to inbound and prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

I'm not sure about any delay of game, but crossing the boundary line is a tech in the last two minutes of the game.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So exactly what I said last night lol. If the ref properly called the delay of game on Manu, everything else is erased because OKC would have gotten the inbound it again.

Love it when I'm right

Stop lying! I never said it wasn't a delay of game. I said it would be a hard time for the refs to see if he did in real time. The refs don't have replay like us. The picture that shows him on the line, is very close. But yall expect the refs to be super human and know right away. Give me a break!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop lying! I never said it wasn't a delay of game. I said it would be a hard time for the refs to see if he did in real time. The refs don't have replay like us. The picture that shows him on the line, is very close. But yall expect the refs to be super human and know right away. Give me a break!
According to the NBA, Manu Ginobili should have been called for a delay of game for stepping over the boundary and Waiters should have been called for the elbow deal as an offensive foul. They went on to say about five other infractions should have called - most of them on the Spurs so the Spurs were not exactly victims

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a guy doing something, nobody has ever seen and so obvious in the refs face, and people want to downplay it by comparing it to something that the refs would have a hard time seeing in real time. Crazy!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the NBA, Manu Ginobili should have been called for a delay of game for stepping over the boundary and Waiters should have been called for the elbow deal as an offensive foul. They went on to say about five other infractions should have called - most of them on the Spurs so the Spurs were not exactly victims

I know that.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love it when I'm right

dude...even a blind squirrel like you finds an acorn once in a while...

:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a guy doing something, nobody has ever seen and so obvious in the refs face, and people want to downplay it by comparing it to something that the refs would have a hard time seeing in real time. Crazy!

It is true that the Waiters offensive foul was way more obvious than Manu stepping on the line. However, it seemed like it should be obvious to the ref that Manu was reaching over the line with his arms.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the sense that there seemed to be an equal number of missed calls on that last sequence, it evened out for both teams and all you can ask is that the calls even out and therefore, neither team can blame the refs it was a good no call.

What I have a problem with (and what is unlikely to ever change) is this notion that the refs swallowing their whistles late in the game is somehow "letting the players decide the game." It's not. Calling the game the same way from beginning to end and what's a foul early in the game still being a foul at the end of the game is letting the players decide the game.

A guy committing a dumb foul at a crucial part of the game is still the players deciding the game, just as a player committing a turnover at a crucial part of the game or hitting a big shot is still the players deciding the game.

Yea, i hear u bro

But nobody wants to see foul shots at the end of the game for some reason. I personally hate when it's a major foul, and nothing is called. It gives the defense a major advantage, because they know they can play tougher defense and not get called for a foul most likely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, i hear u bro

But nobody wants to see foul shots at the end of the game for some reason. I personally hate when it's a major foul, and nothing is called. It gives the defense a major advantage, because they know they can play tougher defense and not get called for a foul most likely.

I agree no one wants to see a foul decide a game, but a foul is a foul, regardless of when it's committed. Unlikely it'll ever change though.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you just missed the whole point, huh? Unbelievable. Not one time did I say he didn't step on the line. I said, from replay, you can barely tell if he stepped on the line. So, how in the hell could the refs tell in real time? A no call on that should be ok. There is no way in hell, it should be a no call on Waiters clearing space from out of bounds.
No part of his body can cross the inbound line. It doesn't matter where his feet land. He clearly crossed the line