• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Three Personal Foul Penalties in That Game

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what in the hell that officiating crew was on... but the personal foul calls against Floyd and Goldman were total catastrophes. As was the call we benefited from in the end.

Yes, I realize they have altered the rules with "body slamming" and "driving your weight" into a QB going to the ground. But those are NOT correct interpretations of those rules and I don't know a soul who could disagree. Floyd literally brought a guy down on top of him. Goldman and Chubb (I think) just tackled a QB. Hit them straight in the mid-section.

Extended two drives for Denver that appeared otherwise dead and the one on them pushed us up closer towards Piniero's range.

That crew needs to be disciplined, because that CANNOT decide football games. The only redeeming quality was that they called it on both teams.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Each passing year the refs continue to influence the direction of a game with ever greater frequency.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not football anymore. Might be my last season watching at all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all say that, but it ain't true. lol

The good news is that those aren't supposed to be called. Even by today's rules. So, I'm sure it will be a point of emphasis this week for officials.

Brutal dude. They have to do something about those rules in the off-season. How are you supposed to stop driving your weight into a QB or even know that the ball has been released?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all say that, but it ain't true. lol

The good news is that those aren't supposed to be called. Even by today's rules. So, I'm sure it will be a point of emphasis this week for officials.

Brutal dude. They have to do something about those rules in the off-season. How are you supposed to stop driving your weight into a QB or even know that the ball has been released?
We all say that but I went from watching a lot of games to only the Bears. Next step is not even that. I remember what real football was and this is not it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made up for it, with a shitty roughing the passer against Trubisky at the end.

All three were donkey cocktarded calls.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only redeeming quality was that they called it on both teams.
Yep. If we don't get that last call, we lose, with only 2 utter bullshit roughing calls that kept drives alive for them to show for it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating in general the entire game was crap.

Those calls were particularly brutal. Just all kinds of bad.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating in general the entire game was crap.

Those calls were particularly brutal. Just all kinds of bad.

Most of the early season games are brutal from an officiating standpoint. It's really kind of sad.

I think this happens just about every year. The league decides they need to put an emphasis on some specific issue and they hammer it home to the officials to call it. Early in the year the officials go a little overboard on those specific plays and then the NFL tells them to dial it back. They then believe they're fixing a problem when what they're really doing is making it more confusing to the fans and the players.

The veteran players know the drill, what gets called the first month of the year isn't what is called at the end of the year. It seems that offensive PI is getting called a lot more often that usual this year. Last year that roughing the passer call was out of hand. Maybe this crew isn't up to speed or thought it was last year...either way...the players will adjust. You might consider being happy that in the end it helped you out, instead of totally screwing you over, IE the Saints.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the early season games are brutal from an officiating standpoint. It's really kind of sad.

I think this happens just about every year. The league decides they need to put an emphasis on some specific issue and they hammer it home to the officials to call it. Early in the year the officials go a little overboard on those specific plays and then the NFL tells them to dial it back. They then believe they're fixing a problem when what they're really doing is making it more confusing to the fans and the players.

The veteran players know the drill, what gets called the first month of the year isn't what is called at the end of the year. It seems that offensive PI is getting called a lot more often that usual this year. Last year that roughing the passer call was out of hand. Maybe this crew isn't up to speed or thought it was last year...either way...the players will adjust. You might consider being happy that in the end it helped you out, instead of totally screwing you over, IE the Saints.

Yeah, I remember the chaos surrounding the call in the GB/MIN game early last season. Which wound up resulting in a tie.

It does seem like the point of emphasis flags get called more so in pre-season/early season and then die down. I remember how out of control the illegal contact and defensive holding calls were back in 2014 (I think it was). I was so worried for the game, but then they sort of just normalized.

The weird thing is that this was a point of emphasis LAST YEAR and this whole process already played itself out with these calls. They had already died down a bit. Then, out of nowhere... this crew incites a flare up of them in this game.

I am happy that we got the call in the end. However, it also cost us twice earlier on. We were still owed one. lol

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember the chaos surrounding the call in the GB/MIN game early last season. Which wound up resulting in a tie.

It does seem like the point of emphasis flags get called more so in pre-season/early season and then die down. I remember how out of control the illegal contact and defensive holding calls were back in 2014 (I think it was). I was so worried for the game, but then they sort of just normalized.

The weird thing is that this was a point of emphasis LAST YEAR and this whole process already played itself out with these calls. They had already died down a bit. Then, out of nowhere... this crew incites a flare up of them in this game.

I am happy that we got the call in the end. However, it also cost us twice earlier on. We were still owed one. lol

That's just it, some crews call the game differently than others. Most teams know this and scout the crews. I'm not sure if this is a newer crew or head ref or what, but that game was not good...with that I'll agree...and if I were you, I'd take it and move on. All good in my book as I live in Bronco country and most of the Bronco's fans here are insufferable morons.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is getting pathetic.....

Poor olSaints got robbed big time again yesterday from a blown whistle on a fumble recovery that should have been a td......Another game changer.....:tsk:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is getting pathetic.....

Poor olSaints got robbed big time again yesterday from a blown whistle on a fumble recovery that should have been a td......Another game changer.....:tsk:

Hard to say it would have been a TD. As no one chased him, due to the whistle. However, I do get the frustration. New Orleans also got throttled 27-9. So...

As a whole, though. I think NFL officials BY FAR have the most difficult gig of any sport and do a pretty fantastic job.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say it would have been a TD. As no one chased him, due to the whistle. However, I do get the frustration. New Orleans also got throttled 27-9. So...

As a whole, though. I think NFL officials BY FAR have the most difficult gig of any sport and do a pretty fantastic job.

It was game changing cause Im not so sure Brees was still in.....
Also Im sure he would of made it:he had blockers behing him.....

They score that td:it changes the whole perspective of the next set of downs.....But hey:who knows.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The genius will weigh in.

The refs got it right.

End of thread.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was game changing cause Im not so sure Brees was still in.....
Also Im sure he would of made it:he had blockers behing him.....

They score that td:it changes the whole perspective of the next set of downs.....But hey:who knows.

Brees was out at that point. The offense was hopeless without him. Dude was 300 pounds and easily could have been caught. I just don't think it mattered. They lost by 18 and looked hopeless.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees was out at that point. The offense was hopeless without him. Dude was 300 pounds and easily could have been caught. I just don't think it mattered. They lost by 18 and looked hopeless.

Go back and look at the replay......When 94 picks it up there were 4 Saints blockers with 2 Ram defenders trying to catch him....One was Cooper Kupp whom was blocked by two guys and could not catch him....The other Ram defender finally gave up at the their own 40....Neither one had a chance to tackle him....And at that time the score was 10 to 3.....Would it still have changed the outcome of the game......?.....Probably not:but it would of made a little more interesting....