• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have Sling Tv?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the sports package today. Loving it. We have fiber to home, so its perfect for us.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the sports package today. Loving it. We have fiber to home, so its perfect for us.

That was my biggest mistake. When Frontier bought Verizon and we moved, I dropped Frontier because of the horror stories. New house has fiber to the house, but I went TWC.

BIG mistake. TWC is flat out shit. I don't even turn wifi on for my phone, LTE is more reliable and faster than the 100/20 speeds I'm paying for but not getting. And during evenings or weekend mornings? Forget it, wifi drops all the time and even my PS4 which is hardwired to the router will stutter sometimes. Luckily I only have 12 month contract with them, so 9 months left and then TWC is out the fucking door.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PlayStation Vue is looking more appealing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PlayStation Vue is looking more appealing.

Yes it is, I think I might switch.

I thought I had to have a playstation to use it, but then I saw that there is an app for android and roku. It's a little more expensive, but if it allows multiple streams then I'm totally down for the small increase in price.

I'm thinking about the core slim for $35. I don't see why the elite is worth an extra $10. Am I missing something?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just signed up for the 1 week free trial of playstation vue.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it, but I also use my brother's cable account for Watch ESPN, BTN, NBC Sports, etc apps. I signed up for the $25/month orange package with no additional channels this week. Been good so far.

Also, I seen it with ads but really thought about it with this thread - Live stream CFB
Isn't password sharing a federal crime now for some things?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is I recently moved to ATL......

The only game in town right now is shitty Comcast. I'm paying over a 100 a month JUST FOR INTERNET, and it's shitty as hell.

Right now I'm streaming Roku on one TV, PSN on another and using the Xbox One on one.

Want to sign up for Vue but with my internet connection, I'm not overly confident it will be worth it. Plus the TV on the Xbox still won't have it unless I go get another roku stick or something.

Google fiber, Uverse, ANYBODY coming thru here would make a killing, because Comcast is complete horseshit - they are straight fleecing people with these ridiculous rates and crappy service.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only game in town right now is shitty Comcast. I'm paying over a 100 a month JUST FOR INTERNET, and it's shitty as hell.

Right now I'm streaming Roku on one TV, PSN on another and using the Xbox One on one.

Want to sign up for Vue but with my internet connection, I'm not overly confident it will be worth it. Plus the TV on the Xbox still won't have it unless I go get another roku stick or something.

Google fiber, Uverse, ANYBODY coming thru here would make a killing, because Comcast is complete horseshit - they are straight fleecing people with these ridiculous rates and crappy service.

I had Comcast in Houston and it was the absolute worst cable provider I've ever had. Charter is a competitive second. The entire industry blows.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get their trial and you can at least see if the internet you have will cause a problem.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Comcast in Houston and it was the absolute worst cable provider I've ever had. Charter is a competitive second. The entire industry blows.

It blows my mind they charge you by data usage like it's a cell phone.

When I was living in Austin you paid a flat rate to have internet access......there was no data plan.

They are straight raking customers over the coals here and the entire network is on copper......it's not like they have great speed or reliable service.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was living in Austin you paid a flat rate to have internet access......there was no data plan.

They are straight raking customers over the coals here and the entire network is on copper......it's not like they have great speed or reliable service.
Must be a regional thing. Comcast in my area is rock solid and outstanding performance. X1/internet/phone for like $149/month which isn't cheap, but over 177m/50m internet speed and every single channel is more than worth it. We will probably dump the phone in a couple more years when my daughter is off to college. Other than that, there isn't anything else anywhere near us that is as decent as Comcast is here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get data limits, but I only ever use about 25% of my data per month max(500gb of 2000).

I could get a cheaper internet package however that has less data per month, but it also has lower speeds.

Since there are times when multiple devices(4 or 5) will be streaming TV in my house, need the extra speed.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent been that impressed with the UI on Roku, unless i am missing some sort of setup.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get data limits, but I only ever use about 25% of my data per month max(500gb of 2000).

I could get a cheaper internet package however that has less data per month, but it also has lower speeds.

Since there are times when multiple devices(4 or 5) will be streaming TV in my house, need the extra speed.

What speed do you recommend for streaming a service like this?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent been that impressed with the UI on Roku, unless i am missing some sort of setup.

I saw a YouTube video on the UI on PS Vue and I was very impressed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What speed do you recommend for streaming a service like this?

Not sure, I have 100mb/sec download and I have no complaints even with multiple devices streaming at the same time.

I think you only need like 7mb/sec or something like that per device normally.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Slingbox back the the day; the original one:

791047b421809ffb_slingboxAV.xlarger.jpg

No subscription was required. Just needed broadband internet and TV. Could watch what my wife was seeing, even while in Iraq. Also changed the channel there, which really freaked her out half a world away.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the UI for either to be honest.

I currently use Vue on a Roku. I find the "all channels" option to be weird. The fact the channels rotate side to side seems rather pointless and the show descriptions are quite limited. The "main" page is also cluttered and just clunky.

Sling's preview style UI is interesting, but it's slow as all hell changing channels.

Vue has the better price structure currently for me, I just dont like the inconsistency with streams. The Fox Sports 1 feed goes out from time to time, as does the NBC Sports. The ESPN is always more solid than the "Watch ESPN" app, which is nice. I just wish it was a consistent thing. The price can't be beat for the content though. Beats the shit out of cable.