• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have Sling Tv?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you use PS Vue with a chrome cast?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you use PS Vue with a chrome cast?

Well so far I haven't been able to get it to work. With android ti's a mobile app and it says I need to make a profile with another app.

I have a roku around here somewhere, I guess I have to use it to make somekind of profile and then I can use android.

Pretty dumb.

Also - doesn't have an app for my macbook, that kind of sucks. I like using it so I can move around during the game for grilling etc.

Channel selection is much better, multiple streams is much better, device selection - not so much.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both services support Kindle HD tablets, which is nice. I like being able to watch a game using the Watch ESPN app(via my Vue subscription...) on my Roku and then watching another on my tablet at the same time. The stream/visual quality on a tablet is awesome too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dug out my Roku stick today so that I can try out the playstation vue subscription before the trial expires.

Not 100% in love with the interface, but it might be doable. I did watch a little bit of the BTN today, I like having access to it.

Also seems more stable than slingtv, but it's way too early to tell. Biggest drawback is no xbox apps.

Last edited:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dug out my Roku stick today so that I can try out the playstation vue subscription before the trial expires.

Not 100% in love with the interface, but it might be doable. I did watch a little bit of the BTN today, I like having access to it.

Also seems more stable than slingtv, but it's way too early to tell. Biggest drawback is no xbox apps.

There is a Vue station for the Roku stick now? I swear I looked and couldn't find one. I have a chromecast but that thing is the biggest POS, I've never been able to get it to work right. So Vue says they work with chromecast, but I have never done so. I've been streaming from my phone while our TV's are down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a Vue station for the Roku stick now? I swear I looked and couldn't find one. I have a chromecast but that thing is the biggest POS, I've never been able to get it to work right. So Vue says they work with chromecast, but I have never done so. I've been streaming from my phone while our TV's are down.

I spoke with someone at PlayStation who said you can use a chrome cast but you need either a fire tv, roku, or PlayStation to do the initial set up. I e had great luck with my chrome cast for Netflix.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for Vue. It looks great and the menu system is not bad. They have a bunch of partner apps. I read that you should register them separately so if Vue goes down you can still watch those channels.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for Vue. It looks great and the menu system is not bad. They have a bunch of partner apps. I read that you should register them separately so if Vue goes down you can still watch those channels.

What partner apps?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What partner apps?
They call them "TV everywhere" applications.

• AdultSwim
  • ABC
  • AMC
  • BET NOW
  • Bravo Now
  • BTN2GO
  • CartoonNetwork
  • CMT
  • CNBC
  • CNN
  • Comedy Central
  • Cooking Channel – Watch Cooking Channel
  • Discovery GO
  • WATCH Disney Channel
  • WATCH Disney Jr.
  • WATCH Disney XD
  • DIY Watch
  • E! Now
  • WATCH ESPN
  • Esquire TV Now
  • Food Network
  • Fox
  • FOX Business Channel
  • FOX News Channel
  • FOX Sports GO
  • Freeform GO
  • Fusion Live
  • FX Now (includes FX, FXX, FXM - Fox Movies)
  • Golf Channel
  • HGTV Watch
  • IFC.com
  • LogoTV
  • MSNBC
  • MTV
  • National Geographic
  • NBC News
  • NBC Sports Live Extra
  • NBC Universo
  • NCAA March Madness
  • Nick JR
  • Nickelodeon
  • WATCH One World Sports
  • Oxygen Now
  • SHOWTIME Anytime
  • Spike TV
  • Sprout
  • Sundance
  • SyFy Now
  • TBS – WATCH TBS
  • Telemundo
  • TNT – WATCH TNT
  • Travel Channel – Watch Travel Channel

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke with someone at PlayStation who said you can use a chrome cast but you need either a fire tv, roku, or PlayStation to do the initial set up. I e had great luck with my chrome cast for Netflix.

I'm a sucker for a new gimmick, so I actually have all of those. Chromecast was cheap but I have never taken the time to set it up to really use it. Tried the screen mirroring when it was beta and never went back to it. Roku is by far the best UI, with playstation being pretty good too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call them "TV everywhere" applications.

• AdultSwim
  • ABC
  • AMC
  • BET NOW
  • Bravo Now
  • BTN2GO
  • CartoonNetwork
  • CMT
  • CNBC
  • CNN
  • Comedy Central
  • Cooking Channel – Watch Cooking Channel
  • Discovery GO
  • WATCH Disney Channel
  • WATCH Disney Jr.
  • WATCH Disney XD
  • DIY Watch
  • E! Now
  • WATCH ESPN
  • Esquire TV Now
  • Food Network
  • Fox
  • FOX Business Channel
  • FOX News Channel
  • FOX Sports GO
  • Freeform GO
  • Fusion Live
  • FX Now (includes FX, FXX, FXM - Fox Movies)
  • Golf Channel
  • HGTV Watch
  • IFC.com
  • LogoTV
  • MSNBC
  • MTV
  • National Geographic
  • NBC News
  • NBC Sports Live Extra
  • NBC Universo
  • NCAA March Madness
  • Nick JR
  • Nickelodeon
  • WATCH One World Sports
  • Oxygen Now
  • SHOWTIME Anytime
  • Spike TV
  • Sprout
  • Sundance
  • SyFy Now
  • TBS – WATCH TBS
  • Telemundo
  • TNT – WATCH TNT
  • Travel Channel – Watch Travel Channel

Hmm, that's cool. The one thing to watch out for with Vue is that they mobile restrict a lot of content. When the PSN was down last week I couldn't watch the games on my mobile Vue because it was mobile restricted. Every time I've tried to watch a Ranger game I got the same thing as well.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, that's cool. The one thing to watch out for with Vue is that they mobile restrict a lot of content. When the PSN was down last week I couldn't watch the games on my mobile Vue because it was mobile restricted. Every time I've tried to watch a Ranger game I got the same thing as well.
Does that have to do with blackouts or just a mobile app thing?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that have to do with blackouts or just a mobile app thing?

Has to be a mobile app thing. I was sitting in my living room, but was said to be mobile restricted. I don't use proxies or anything on my PS4 and can watch Ranger games. But while on the same wifi network it wouldn't let me stream from my phone.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a sucker for a new gimmick, so I actually have all of those. Chromecast was cheap but I have never taken the time to set it up to really use it. Tried the screen mirroring when it was beta and never went back to it. Roku is by far the best UI, with playstation being pretty good too.

I'm thinking I'll use it as an excuse to buy the PS 4.5 when it comes out.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be a mobile app thing. I was sitting in my living room, but was said to be mobile restricted. I don't use proxies or anything on my PS4 and can watch Ranger games. But while on the same wifi network it wouldn't let me stream from my phone.
Curious if they block it on mobile since you can be anywhere and don't even try with an IP check.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if they block it on mobile since you can be anywhere and don't even try with an IP check.

Good point. That may affect my ability to watch on the bedroom tv using the chrome cast.

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried using Sling and it wasn't as reliable as I had hoped. A lot of variables with internet speeds and browsers but I will agree it's much better if used with Roku.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I had to use it in order to set it up. There is a mobile app for android, but for some reason you can't activate the account with that, but I could activate with the roku stick.

I'd been using android tv box for awhile now, so had to dig out my old roku stick.

Unfortunately, my trial expires tomorrow and I wasted the majority of the trial.