• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have Sling Tv?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started seeing Ads for Sling TV, promoting to watch football games on it...Anyone have this and just what kind of access to how many games do you have?

I am paying a ton for cable just to get the sports package, and I see you can get sling for like $20.

to anyone who has it, is it worth it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it.

You'll want the orange package which is $25 a month in order to get the fox channels for the Pac12.

You won't get ESPN unless you order the blue package, which does not have the fox or nbc stuff.

You can get them both for $45.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it, but I also use my brother's cable account for Watch ESPN, BTN, NBC Sports, etc apps. I signed up for the $25/month orange package with no additional channels this week. Been good so far.

Also, I seen it with ads but really thought about it with this thread - Live stream CFB

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Sling, i have the blue + orange + the sports package.

I get the following for CFB: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, FX1, FX2, Fox Southwest, A bunch of other Fox Southwest (propably regional), ESPN Goalline, NFL Network, and NFL Redzone. I have my local channels on an HD Antenna.

I pay 47$ a month for all that, that includes the taxes. When season is over, i will downgrade back to the blue package only and save myself some money. Its a good deal, if your willing to pay for it. I use my Roku to stream.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it.

You'll want the orange package which is $25 a month in order to get the fox channels for the Pac12.

You won't get ESPN unless you order the blue package, which does not have the fox or nbc stuff.

You can get them both for $45.
Do you get the PAC-12 Network, SEC Network, B1G Network, etc?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it, I have orange I guess. When I signed up.there wasn't option

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually how the cable companies get you is that you NEED internet for these cheaper competitive services...So the cable companies jack up their internet prices.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had it last year and it worked great.

Last year, $20/month got me the basic package, which included ESPN and ESPN2. Are those channels included in the cheap package this year?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started seeing Ads for Sling TV, promoting to watch football games on it...Anyone have this and just what kind of access to how many games do you have?

I am paying a ton for cable just to get the sports package, and I see you can get sling for like $20.

If you have bad internet don't get it... If you have good internet its perfect

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durn, basic cable used to be about 40 bucks...we got rid of ours a while back, though

:shocked: I pay $116 a month. You get literally no sports channels unless you pay that where I am. POS Comcast

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked-out the Sling website. If you only have the Orange package, you may only stream on one device... but if you get the Blue package, you may now stream on up to three devices simultaneously.

It seems that the way to go would be to get both the Blue + Orange for $40 plus add the Sports Package for another $5.

Also, I see that the Blue package contains NBC & NBC Sports Network, and also FOX & FS1 & FS2 & FOX Sports regional, which is awesome!

But... I see that if you want ABC, you need to pay another $5 for the broadcast package. Yikes... but probably worth it if you watch ABC a lot.

However... I see that CBS is the lone major broadcast network holdout on Sling... so currently, no CBS or CBS Sports Network on Sling. That sucks. You would need to get an antenna for local CBS.

Also no CW Network for fans of Arrow and The Flash.

However... the big disappointment with Sling is that the Sports package currently does not have BTN or PAC-12 Network... perhaps they will add them in the future in a separate package?

So.... currently, no BTN is a deal killer for me... also, Sling needs to negotiate to get CBS & CBS Sports Network, as well as CW Network.

If they add that stuff, I'm in.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked-out the Sling website. If you only have the Orange package, you may only stream on one device... but if you get the Blue package, you may now stream on up to three devices simultaneously.

It seems that the way to go would be to get both the Blue + Orange for $40 plus add the Sports Package for another $5.

Also, I see that the Blue package contains NBC & NBC Sports Network, and also FOX & FS1 & FS2 & FOX Sports regional, which is awesome!

But... I see that if you want ABC, you need to pay another $5 for the broadcast package. Yikes... but probably worth it if you watch ABC a lot.

However... I see that CBS is the lone major broadcast Network holdout on Sling... so currently, no CBS or CBS Sports Network on Sling. That sucks. You would need to get an antenna for local CBS.

Also no CW Network for fans of Arrow and The Flash.

However... the big disappointment with Sling is that the Sports package currently does not have BTN or PAC-12 Network... perhaps they will add them in the future in a separate package?

So.... currently, no BTN is a deal killer for me... also, Sling needs to negotiate to get CBS & CBS Sports Network, as well as CW Network.

If they add that stuff, I'm in.

You should use an antenna for any of the local stations and channels you can get.

Sling has a 30 second to 1 minute delay on games. The local stations are in perfect HD and they aren't delayed at all.

Plus, depending on where you live, it's possible to pick up 50+ channels with the antenna. Most of it is older TV, but I like a good bit of it.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, I just checked out the Playstation Vue streaming service website.... particularly the Elite Package for $45.... Playstation Vue appears to offer more channels than Sling (over 100 channels), including both the SEC Network and BTN!

Interesting!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, I just checked out the Playstation Vue streaming service website.... particularly the Elite Package for $45.... Playstation Vue appears to offer more channels than Sling (over 100 channels), including both the SEC Network and BTN!

Interesting!

You should be getting the SEC network with Sling TV. It's actually the reason I dumped my cable company and went to sling TV last year.

I don't know about BTN.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had it when it first came out, hated it. I heard their UI is much better now, but I have Sony Vue and love it. Costs more, but I get more.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting!

Yup, that's what I've got. The strange thing is there are like 5 BTN channels. They all show the same thing right now. LHN and SEC network on there as well. I use an antenna for the local channels because some of the locals aren't on there. I think ABC is the missing one. Gives me Fox sports, FS1, a few ESPN's, and then kids/wife channels. $45 a month total and I use my PS3, PS4, and chromecast to stream it. Plus it works really well on both iphones and the ipad. I don't think there is a stream limit, might be but I've never hit it. My kid has been on one TV while I'm on my phone and both stream fine.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting!
Im going to give the Playstation Vue a try. I like the DVR feature.