• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else completely sick of Pete Carroll?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harbaugh should have added his voice to that. Those two guys were absolute shit in this game and deserved more than just a calling out.

I'm quite certain they were called out in the appropriate arena. Harbaugh doesn't believe in calling players out before the press, and I can't argue with his results in that area to date.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scipted plays are really only used for the first drive..get the score and shut the crowd up. The 9ers used that in the past ( not under this system) and it worked well. It made Young look look like a QB genius.

They clearly scripted the first drive this past week. They opened in a no-huddle look and ran plays without needing to communicate. They just didn't execute those plays. As said above, the script goes out the window when it's not effective.

I don't know to what extent it is the staff versus the players (Kap in particular), but our offensive performance early in games has been disappointing of late. That and the red zone are clear areas for emphasis.

One thing that should be noted is that the team did a good job of addressing getting the play off on time this week. It still wasn't flawless, but no worse than you would expect of any team playing in Seattle.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pete Caroll is just like Jim Harbaugh attitude wise. But Jim is the better coach. As loaded as the seahawks are, they should have been in the NFC championship game last year. While Harbaugh has overachieved with his teams, Caroll has always underachieved. Last week's loss doesn't really mean much. We got blown out last year and still won the division. Just need to win our other road games.

What Carroll has done with that defense, relying heavily on late-round picks, cast-offs, and re-treads from other teams, is fairly remarkable. I'm no fan of Carroll as a person, but he has shown he's a very good defensive coach.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite certain they were called out in the appropriate arena. Harbaugh doesn't believe in calling players out before the press, and I can't argue with his results in that area to date.

I certainly hope so. Their play was unacceptable.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They clearly scripted the first drive this past week. They opened in a no-huddle look and ran plays without needing to communicate. They just didn't execute those plays. As said above, the script goes out the window when it's not effective.

I don't know to what extent it is the staff versus the players (Kap in particular), but our offensive performance early in games has been disappointing of late. That and the red zone are clear areas for emphasis.
One thing that should be noted is that the team did a good job of addressing getting the play off on time this week. It still wasn't flawless, but no worse than you would expect of any team playing in Seattle.

I actually believe the red zone offense has improved some with Kaepernick. When Smith was in there they could not put the ball in the end zone. I think Akers set an all time record for FG attempts in 2011.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: Carroll and Harbaugh, I've had a little line that I've used for awhile now. Harbaugh is an asshole as a coach, but he's my asshole. Carroll is a douchebag.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I actually believe the red zone offense has improved some with Kaepernick. When Smith was in there they could not put the ball in the end zone. I think Akers set an all time record for FG attempts in 2011.

Red zone offense is somewhat better under Kap, but still not as good as it needs to be.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red zone offense is somewhat better under Kap, but still not as good as it needs to be.

They need to be able to push that ball in there when they are in close. I don't understand how the Niner O Line got the rep for being a great run-blocking line. They've always seemed pretty weak down by the goal line where brute force and will counts most.