• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else completely sick of Pete Carroll?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care what the seahawks fans think of Harbaugh? I couldn't care less what they think.

I dont care what they think. Kust hate when 49er threads get cluttered by Seahawk trolls

He knows that - he's just pointing out your use of "could care less" when it should be "couldn't care less" (because if you could care less then you must care some - but couldn't care less says that you have too little care to care less).

I don't point this out to others because it's pointless to do so, but in general, the misuse (IMO) is a pet peeve of mine. I'm only saying something because he did and you apparently aren't familiar with TobyTyler/Nolan Nonsense.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Deadspin during the playoffs last year. They had a vote for who had the funniest flag toss and I believe Carroll just beat out Harbaugh.
ku-xlarge.gif

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows that - he's just pointing out your use of "could care less" when it should be "couldn't care less" (because if you could care less then you must care some - but couldn't care less says that you have too little care to care less).

I don't point this out to others because it's pointless to do so, but in general, the misuse (IMO) is a pet peeve of mine. I'm only saying something because he did and you apparently aren't familiar with TobyTyler/Nolan Nonsense.

LOL, I totally missed that

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a pet peeve of mine as well. It means exactly the opposite of the intended sentiment but has become acceptable use.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners D for as good as it is, has lost a step. Not cause the talent isn't there, but they seem to have no edge right now. Like they expect things to happen. You look at Seattle and those guys have a chip on their shoulder. That is how the Niners were two years ago.

I hear what your saying... But you guy's still have a great defense... Teams are gonna struggle against you guy's no question about it... I have little doubt It's gonna be a struggle as it usually is when we visit you guy's in San Fran...

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners D for as good as it is, has lost a step. Not cause the talent isn't there, but they seem to have no edge right now. Like they expect things to happen. You look at Seattle and those guys have a chip on their shoulder. That is how the Niners were two years ago.

You know. Thats pretty well said. I agree.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big part of that was the opportunity with Seattle... The timing looked bad right in the middle of the Reggie Bush stuff but I think it was just the opportunity that knocked for him... After all the guy grew up in San Fran and was a 49r fan all his life so he's definitely a Cali guy... Going to Seattle was just a jump North on the same coast line so I'm sure that played a part...

What played a part was the timing of the offer, he had been offered other jobs in previous years and suggested he was not interested in anything other than coaching USC. Suddenly the scandal comes down and the NCAA sanctions were looming and he was at the top of it all and suddenly he wants to coach in the NFL again?

Cmon boogie. You have to admit it. He bailed to get away from the incoming embarrassment and punishment that he was partly responsible for.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What played a part was the timing of the offer, he had been offered other jobs in previous years and suggested he was not interested in anything other than coaching USC. Suddenly the scandal comes down and the NCAA sanctions were looming and he was at the top of it all and suddenly he wants to coach in the NFL again?

Cmon boogie. You have to admit it. He bailed to get away from the incoming embarrassment and punishment that he was partly responsible for.

I'd be interested to hear how you think he was partially responsible for the trouble at SC. What would you have had him do differently?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to hear how you think he was partially responsible for the trouble at SC. What would you have had him do differently?

Let me guess, you are one of the naive college football fans that actually thinks that the coaches have no idea what the boosters are doing when they aren't around. C'mon now Toby, this isn't just Carroll, this is pretty much any DI program. Even DII Cal State Northridge went on sanctions for money to players which ultimately led to a self-imposed death penalty. There are those that would actively fight against it like Paterno...then you have the Carrolls of the world who don't necessarily actively involve themselves but certainly don't champion against booster contact.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, you are one of the naive college football fans that actually thinks that the coaches have no idea what the boosters are doing when they aren't around. C'mon now Toby, this isn't just Carroll, this is pretty much any DI program. Even DII Cal State Northridge went on sanctions for money to players which ultimately led to a self-imposed death penalty. There are those that would actively fight against it like Paterno...then you have the Carrolls of the world who don't necessarily actively involve themselves but certainly don't champion against booster contact.

Since it is every D1 team, like you say, I ask again, what would you have Carroll do differently? He has to depend somewhat on his payers being men and not greedy punks like Bush and his family. he can't police them 24 7.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least Carroll would've fought against sodomy, unlike Paterno. I think Carroll knew what was going on and am not of fan of his, but don't even put Paterno in the same sentence with him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wanted to uppercut that massive chin of his for years. I'd probably shatter my hand though so I'm waiting for Harbaugh to make the sacrifice.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really, this agent is hanging around bush, he has a summer intern, his parents are in a new house, he shows up with a tricked out expensive car and Carroll didn't know anything was going on? He is the head coach and thats his star player. If you don't think Carroll was at all simply complacent at a minimum? You are fooling yourself.

Bush even completed a form to explain the car and simply didn't make an entry in the box where it says where the money came from. No one followed up on it...

At a bare minum, he had zero institutional control. But I think any of us who watch Pete Carroll know that simply is impossible. He knew.

From an interview with Carroll...

As to the fact that Bush’s parents moved into a new house after being evicted from their last one, Carroll offered up an analogy that, to be somewhat kind, we’ll merely call “frickin’ lame.”

“When you were growing up, Andrea, did you have any idea of your parents’ mortgage situation?” Carroll asked. “Think about it. None of us do. I couldn’t tell you now how my mom and dad paid for our house.” (Maybe they were cooking meth.)

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is every D1 team, like you say, I ask again, what would you have Carroll do differently? He has to depend somewhat on his payers being men and not greedy punks like Bush and his family. he can't police them 24 7.

I said ANY not EVERY DI program. Paterno is a guy that had been doing it longer then any other and his program was, prior to Sandusky, clean as could be. What is Paterno doing differently? I don't know. But I do see an unfortunate parallel with how shit happens on Carroll's watch at USC and how his team in the NFL is the second most penalized team with regards to drugs. What that tells me is that he probably runs a looser ship then most others. Obviously this is all speculation, but I'm not one that believes in coincidences either.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Carroll would've fought against sodomy, unlike Paterno. I think Carroll knew what was going on and am not of fan of his, but don't even put Paterno in the same sentence with him.

Why not Robotic? That is apples and oranges.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can speculate all you want but the reality is people make choices and Reggie Bush was a grown man that very well could a acted on his own... It is possible because there are sharks out there that know these young men are gonna get BIG PAY day's...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seattle job was timing ... Allot about life is timing... And your speculating that he was responsible... Bush could a been entirely responsible... We don't know....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, this agent is hanging around bush, he has a summer intern, his parents are in a new house, he shows up with a tricked out expensive car and Carroll didn't know anything was going on? He is the head coach and thats his star player. If you don't think Carroll was at all simply complacent at a minimum? You are fooling yourself.

Bush even completed a form to explain the car and simply didn't make an entry in the box where it says where the money came from. No one followed up on it...

At a bare minum, he had zero institutional control. But I think any of us who watch Pete Carroll know that simply is impossible. He knew.

From an interview with Carroll...

As to the fact that Bush’s parents moved into a new house after being evicted from their last one, Carroll offered up an analogy that, to be somewhat kind, we’ll merely call “frickin’ lame.”

“When you were growing up, Andrea, did you have any idea of your parents’ mortgage situation?” Carroll asked. “Think about it. None of us do. I couldn’t tell you now how my mom and dad paid for our house.” (Maybe they were cooking meth.)

It sound very reasonable to me. The house in question is just down the street from my brother inlaw's house and it is certainly nothing special. I would think two adults with full time jobs could easily handle that mortgage.
Besides, how does anything Reggie Bush did off the field reflect on Carroll's ability to coach. They won those games on the field and Carroll was largley responsible for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said ANY not EVERY DI program. Paterno is a guy that had been doing it longer then any other and his program was, prior to Sandusky, clean as could be. What is Paterno doing differently? I don't know. But I do see an unfortunate parallel with how shit happens on Carroll's watch at USC and how his team in the NFL is the second most penalized team with regards to drugs. What that tells me is that he probably runs a looser ship then most others. Obviously this is all speculation, but I'm not one that believes in coincidences either.

Bullshit. That is laughable.