• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Beside Me Just Sick and Tired of SUVs?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. A friend has more or less exact same vehicle.

He loves it.
Yeah so far so good it's a brand I trust. I think the reason it rides better than my Avalon did is that Toyota started sporting all the Avalons less the limited and they put on those low profile tires. The RU has on 18" tire but a bigger or fatter tire from rim to top of tire.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that SUVs were the vehicle of the 2000’s, then the crossover style took over the 2010’s.
Yeah, probably. I know the gf wants a crossover (5 seater). It's really not much more spacious than my hatchback.

But it does get 7 fewer mpg!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never own either.

Nothing against AWD in a car though.
I guess technically the outback is a crossover maybe the first crossover, I don't know there has always been an argument is it a Wagon is it and SUV? I feel its more a wagon, rides more like a sedan than a truck or van so I think its a wagon. For shits and giggles I switched it from comfort mode to dynamic mode, that 2.4 liter turbo has some ummff to it

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess technically the outback is a crossover maybe the first crossover, I don't know there has always been an argument is it a Wagon is it and SUV? I feel its more a wagon, rides more like a sedan than a truck or van so I think its a wagon. For shits and giggles I switched it from comfort mode to dynamic mode, that 2.4 liter turbo has some ummff to it

Yup, it rides higher. Like the Audi All-Road which I considered.

But in the end, I'm a car guy. Saw a guy gassing up a GLE 63 AMG the other day. Same basic running gear as my Panzerwagon.

Wouldn't trade him.

Looked just like this.

USC60MBS461A021001.jpg

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never own either.

Nothing against AWD in a car though.
I used to think the same. But in the never ending quest to make cars faster, better, and more fuel efficient they keep making cars lower to the ground. I got a ride from my little brother in his new mustang the other day, and when sitting in the seat my butt could not have been more than 8 inches off the ground. The older and fatter I get, the more I am willing to give up just a little performance for comfort and convenience. These crossovers now days often just look like jacked up cars or wagons. But if you compare it to some of those family sedans or wagons from even like the 70s or 80s they probably have the same seat height. I know I drive a 3 row "midsize" suv and I sit down into that, not climb up into it like a truck or even old suv's.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think the same. But in the never ending quest to make cars faster, better, and more fuel efficient they keep making cars lower to the ground. I got a ride from my little brother in his new mustang the other day, and when sitting in the seat my butt could not have been more than 8 inches off the ground. The older and fatter I get, the more I am willing to give up just a little performance for comfort and convenience. These crossovers now days often just look like jacked up cars or wagons. But if you compare it to some of those family sedans or wagons from even like the 70s or 80s they probably have the same seat height. I know I drive a 3 row "midsize" suv and I sit down into that, not climb up into it like a truck or even old suv's.
My new Outback came with a 2.4 liter Turbo. Offers a great ride height easy to get in and out of, super ride and if I step into the gas once the Turbo engages I have more than sufficient power. There is some Turbo lag but its an Outback not a Porsche.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the name SUV. Why did we allow them to rename the station wagon? What will we call milk in five years? Power Cow Juice?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get fat?

I want performance.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My new Outback came with a 2.4 liter Turbo. Offers a great ride height easy to get in and out of, super ride and if I step into the gas once the Turbo engages I have more than sufficient power. There is some Turbo lag but its an Outback not a Porsche.

Like I said, my buddy loves his. Just not my cuppa.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm not fat and love performance, but am technically challenged, I'll just put a YouTube video up of essentially my Panzerwagon firing up

I love that sound.