• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Beside Me Just Sick and Tired of SUVs?

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a year ago the wife and I were looking into a new ride and needed something with space. But she soon landed a better job with a lot more cash that was 50 miles away so we decided to get her a Civic for MPG and reliability. Well we are again approaching that new code mode and I have always been a fan of wagon's which offer a decent ride and some cargo space. The only wagon I found appealing was the V90 but I really do not want to pay that cost at this time. While in Daytona a few weeks back a Honda Odyssey Elite pulled out in front of us and she fell in love. I thought to myself man a Mini Van really, what about guy code? Well, at 57 and no longer chasing tail guy code gets replaced with common sense and practicality. The Odyssey offers more cargo space than most full size SUVs, get's better gas mileage, comes well equipped, and they look pretty nice. We talked about this because we are both so sick and tired of all the SUVs on the road. Anyone else feel this way? Anyone own a newer Odyssey?

Bought the Mrs. a 2021 Odyssey Elite a few months ago.

If I had to go to one vehicle, it will be the mini van.

I have a sports car and F150 and the mini van is the all around vehicle, guy code be damned.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're a GM guy, but yeah.
Tahoe....or Expedition.
Actually, I'm not a GM guy. I've owned vehicles of just about every make except for the exotics and the only two that ever gave me problems were Fords.

I do the routine maintenance that is called for in the manual and except for my plow rigs I don't abuse them and I have good luck............... except for those damn Fords.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Gran Torino back in the day which was awesome! I also give a favorable nod to the Shelby Mustangs.
They made some great hot rod coupes and sedans way back when, but right now the truck division carries the car side and the car side isn't completely crushing the bottom line because of fleet sales.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought the Mrs. a 2021 Odyssey Elite a few months ago.

If I had to go to one vehicle, it will be the mini van.

I have a sports car and F150 and the mini van is the all around vehicle, guy code be damned.
A post I was hoping for, I test drove one the other day ride really well. I owe about 5k on the Civic and her job is more work from home now and the agency is considering this full time even after pandemic. This being said I am targeting the EX she is not a fan of leather and the EX offers a lot of features for a solid price. While she loves the Elite we / she determined we have no kids in house so the whole entertainment package is not for us. I love that it has Android Auto, Adaptive Cruise Control and a lot of safety features. Should be able to pay it off pretty quick then get my retirement car what ever I decide.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a year ago the wife and I were looking into a new ride and needed something with space. But she soon landed a better job with a lot more cash that was 50 miles away so we decided to get her a Civic for MPG and reliability. Well we are again approaching that new code mode and I have always been a fan of wagon's which offer a decent ride and some cargo space. The only wagon I found appealing was the V90 but I really do not want to pay that cost at this time. While in Daytona a few weeks back a Honda Odyssey Elite pulled out in front of us and she fell in love. I thought to myself man a Mini Van really, what about guy code? Well, at 57 and no longer chasing tail guy code gets replaced with common sense and practicality. The Odyssey offers more cargo space than most full size SUVs, get's better gas mileage, comes well equipped, and they look pretty nice. We talked about this because we are both so sick and tired of all the SUVs on the road. Anyone else feel this way? Anyone own a newer Odyssey?

I went from a Ford F150 King Cab to a Honda CRV. I love it.

I initially wanted a Subaru Crosstrek but the leg in the back seat wasn't big enough.

I want an Odyssey for my wife when it's time for her new car. She drive a Toyota Sienna right now. It's been pretty awesome too...

I'd leap at V90 if I could afford it though.

I'd love to see Chevy bring back the Nomad ...
1608549210343.png

That'd look good updated...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I initially wanted a Subaru Crosstrek but the leg in the back seat wasn't big enough.

I want an Odyssey for my wife when it's time for her new car. She drive a Toyota Sienna right now. It's been pretty awesome too...

View attachment 260636

Yeah I am a big fan of Wagons, and the V90 is a retirement car option, it just has to be ordered now from Sweden. It's funny when I lived in Europe wagons were everywhere. Go to VW.UK they have a Passat Wagon and a Atreon Wagon neither of which are available here.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A post I was hoping for, I test drove one the other day ride really well. I owe about 5k on the Civic and her job is more work from home now and the agency is considering this full time even after pandemic. This being said I am targeting the EX she is not a fan of leather and the EX offers a lot of features for a solid price. While she loves the Elite we / she determined we have no kids in house so the whole entertainment package is not for us. I love that it has Android Auto, Adaptive Cruise Control and a lot of safety features. Should be able to pay it off pretty quick then get my retirement car what ever I decide.

Good luck on which ever one you decide to purchase.

We had an earlier one which helped drive us to this new one. It had 250k on it before we sold it.

The amount of tech between our last one and this one is simply amazing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best vehicles I have ever owned, by a HUGE margin.
I have had trouble with Chevy, Buick and Cadillac. I have had trouble with Plymouth and Chrysler and Mazda.
My son is driving the '01 Explorer we bought new and it has now racked up 230k trouble free miles, except for an exhaust manifold gasket and a water pump.
I have had more trouble with brand new Jeeps.
Have I had trouble with older Fords or Mercury's (Mercuries?)? Sure, from the '70's and early '80's. when everything was a POS. And trouble with a Ford means you can limp it home and fix it. Trouble with a GM means call a tow truck.

A guy I work with is a huge Toyota fan and he has a '04 Tacoma he swears by. 275k trouble free miles. It has never broken down on him or needed repairs.
Except for head gaskets.
Then he goes on to tell me he has a FANTASTIC mechanic. He charges extra for oil changes, but he trusts him. Meaning more than an oil change only facility.
He has him change the timing belt every 75k miles even though it's not due until 100k. He changed the water pump twice, so it wouldn't go out and leave him stranded.
He changed the fuel pump for the same reason.
And the alternator.
And the PS pump.
He brings it in and asks his mechanic what they should do this time...

Kinda puts a different perspective on "trouble free miles" and "Has never needed any repairs".

My 95 SHO was a great car, but it did cook an engine. Melted the cats and sucked them back in...

I don't miss it though. My Panzerwagon is infinitely superior in every facet. So is my S4 for that matter.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 260636

20200811_Mercedes-Benz-E63-Wagon_0148.jpg

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 95 SHO was a great car, but it did cook an engine. Melted the cats and sucked them back in...

I don't miss it though. My Panzerwagon is infinitely superior in every facet. So is my S4 for that matter.
My 93 SHO was a great car as well. Loved that Yamaha 6 with a 5 speed. Koni's, poly bushings and fatter tires, 235's instead of factory 215's, really helped the handling as well.
Trouble free except for throw out bearings, until I put a Grizzly Paw TO Bearing in it.
My '18 SHO is also infinitely superior in every facet.
Funny how progression does that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 93 SHO was a great car as well. Loved that Yamaha 6 with a 5 speed. Koni's, poly bushings and fatter tires, 235's instead of factory 215's, really helped the handling as well.
Trouble free except for throw out bearings, until I put a Grizzly Paw TO Bearing in it.
My '18 SHO is also infinitely superior in every facet.
Funny how progression does that.

Konis and 235s as well

Plus Subframe connectors, SS brake lines, Cobra 2 piston brakes, beefy sway bars, SS exhaust plus the hi-flow y pipe, under drive pulleys.

Had it 20 years.

Germans only now. Infinitely superior. I snack on pony cars...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wagons just don't sell in US

I want to like arteon, but for similar money you can get better performing Kia stinger

The only SUV I'd consider is new bronco

I want to test drive new golf r when it comes out, but might too rough of a ride for me
Dude I would never own a KIA the cars are designed to be disposable. And comparing a wagon to what is touted as a sports car is not apples for apples comparison.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I would never own a KIA the cars are designed to be disposable. And comparing a wagon to what is touted as a sports car is not apples for apples comparison.
Kia/Hyundai have come along way in terms of reliability and build quality.

The Arteon/Stinger here in US are both sportback sedans. The base stinger and arteon have very similar engines, stinger has a larger engine option Arteon does not.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never, NEVER, own a minivan. Period.