• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else completely sick of Pete Carroll?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scipted plays are really only used for the first drive..get the score and shut the crowd up. The 9ers used that in the past ( not under this system) and it worked well. It made Young look look like a QB genius.

Young was a QB genius.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The 9ers game plan vs the Hawks was flawed. Knowing that noise would be major factor ,most plays should have been scripted and done early to score early and kill the crowd noise.

I agree Greg. Cosell had a good analysis on the game

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me I don't like him because of how he left USC. He just let everything go and bailed when it caught up to him. Going to a division rival only made it worse.

I think a big part of that was the opportunity with Seattle... The timing looked bad right in the middle of the Reggie Bush stuff but I think it was just the opportunity that knocked for him... After all the guy grew up in San Fran and was a 49r fan all his life so he's definitely a Cali guy... Going to Seattle was just a jump North on the same coast line so I'm sure that played a part...

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was a QB genius.
If you feel that ,okay. Steve Young had many great games with the 9ers....not with the USFL or with the Bucs. He was a great and accurate QB (miss him) and he could run. He deserved his HOF. I would stop short at the fact he was involved in the play calling .

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Caroll is just like Jim Harbaugh attitude wise. But Jim is the better coach. As loaded as the seahawks are, they should have been in the NFC championship game last year. While Harbaugh has overachieved with his teams, Caroll has always underachieved. Last week's loss doesn't really mean much. We got blown out last year and still won the division. Just need to win our other road games.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Caroll is just like Jim Harbaugh attitude wise. But Jim is the better coach. As loaded as the seahawks are, they should have been in the NFC championship game last year. While Harbaugh has overachieved with his teams, Caroll has always underachieved. Last week's loss doesn't really mean much. We got blown out last year and still won the division. Just need to win our other road games.
:agree:It is just one game...time to move on. Pete Carroll is who he is and so is JH. We will see who ends up on the top.....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scipted plays are really only used for the first drive..get the score and shut the crowd up. The 9ers used that in the past ( not under this system) and it worked well. It made Young look look like a QB genius.

Scripted plays were used by the likes of Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice among other all time greats. This team has no one like that. Those scripts were developed by Bill Walsh and the finest coaching straff ever assembled in professional sports. The 49ers now have no one even close to that level of planning and strategy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So 2 titles at USC is underachieving... ? And don't tell me San Fran doesn't have talent... Both Seattle and San Fran are talented teams...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They way he was jumping around last night
As if Harbaugh doesn't have child-like antics on the sideline?

Jim-Harbaugh.gif

k-medium.gif

And before you say anything, Yes Schwartz has them too, and our fan base isn't too found of them either. Just letting you know Harbaugh acts the same way brah.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha! What a load of crap! Complete bovine excrement.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if Harbaugh doesn't have child-like antics on the sideline?

Jim-Harbaugh.gif

k-medium.gif

And before you say anything, Yes Schwartz has them too, and our fan base isn't too found of them either. Just letting you know Harbaugh acts the same way brah.

I love Harbaugh, but I can easily see why fans of other teams wouldn't like him. One of those, hate him, but would love him to be on my team types.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 2 titles at USC is underachieving... ? And don't tell me San Fran doesn't have talent... Both Seattle and San Fran are talented teams...

I think the Niners D for as good as it is, has lost a step. Not cause the talent isn't there, but they seem to have no edge right now. Like they expect things to happen. You look at Seattle and those guys have a chip on their shoulder. That is how the Niners were two years ago.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of pete carrol as I'm sure hawks fans are sick of harbaugh. We would love Pete if he was out coach and vice versa.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners D for as good as it is, has lost a step. Not cause the talent isn't there, but they seem to have no edge right now. Like they expect things to happen. You look at Seattle and those guys have a chip on their shoulder. That is how the Niners were two years ago.

Exactly. They need to make things happen.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what they think. Kust hate when 49er threads get cluttered by Seahawk trolls

To be fair, a thread titled "Anyone else completely sick of Pete Carroll" doesn't exactly qualify as strictly a 49er thread. Yes I understand it's your board but a thread calling out our coach is going to bring a few of us by.

If Hawks fans are jumping all over your threads that don't concern us then that would certainly qualify as trolling (unless they're genuinely adding to the discussion) but the subject of this thread is our head coach, you're just going to have to expect some of us to respond.

If I start a thread called "Harbaugh Sucks" on the Seahawks' board I wouldn't be surprised or offended if some 49er fans decided to weigh in on it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, a thread titled "Anyone else completely sick of Pete Carroll" doesn't exactly qualify as strictly a 49er thread. Yes I understand it's your board but a thread calling out our coach is going to bring a few of us by.

If Hawks fans are jumping all over your threads that don't concern us then that would certainly qualify as trolling (unless they're genuinely adding to the discussion) but the subject of this thread is our head coach, you're just going to have to expect some of us to respond.

If I start a thread called "Harbaugh Sucks" on the Seahawks' board I wouldn't be surprised or offended if some 49er fans decided to weigh in on it.

What do you expect is going to be posted on a 49er board? So what. It is a 49er board. No one is forcing the trolls (and they are trolls) to come to the 49ers board to read posts here and if they can't take it than they shouldn't read it. Same for 49er fans that feel a need to respond to similar threads on the Seahawks board. I know some incendiary stuff about the 49ers is posted on the Seahawk board. I could care less and don't bother reading it. Trolling is trolling

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard Cosell ? Really? Did you hear Collinsworth during the game? He might as well been paid by the Hawks personally IMO.

Greg Cosell from NFL films. He watches the game film and then comments on what he sees. Some people are critical of him because he isn't a football person (Coach & GM) per se. But I like the analysis he gives on KNBR of the things he observes from game film. Don't know anyone else who does that on local radio. Better than listening to Harbaugh who doesn't really give you anything.