• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any thoughts on our #1 draft pick today?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think our board is dead.

I like communicating with you guys.

I'm way out here in middle TN and there aren't that many Giants fans around, you guys are my link.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, didn't remember the draft started today! Hope he works out. I don't really have a good pulse on amateurs so I will trust the org knows what they are doing.
Same here

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t expecting the draft yesterday until it was mentioned during the game broadcast. I was completely unprepared for it. I had no idea who any of the top guys were. I usually am at least somewhat familiar with the top 10-15 guys, then, if we fell outside that range, a handful of guys projected to go in our neighborhood. This year, I was really only aware of Rocker and Leiter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we went with a pitcher, though. Our farm is badly in need of arms.

I would guess Bednar gets slotted somewhere in the #5 neighborhood on our prospect lists?

Luciano
Bart
Ramos
Bishop
Corry
Canario
Bednar??

Would Bailey rank ahead of Bednar? How about Wilson?

I remember the days when our #1 pick would pretty much automatically become the org’s clear new #1. Seeing Bednar NOT take that position, imho, is not an indictment on him, but a compliment on our farm.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we went with a pitcher, though. Our farm is badly in need of arms.

I would guess Bednar gets slotted somewhere in the #5 neighborhood on our prospect lists?

Luciano
Bart
Ramos
Bishop
Corry
Canario
Bednar??

Would Bailey rank ahead of Bednar? How about Wilson?

I remember the days when our #1 pick would pretty much automatically become the org’s clear new #1. Seeing Bednar NOT take that position, imho, is not an indictment on him, but a compliment on our farm.
Whelp, the first eight picks are all pitchers. So, there’s that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No faith in the international pipeline?
Our top organizational coordinator down there died suddenly just within the last couple weeks. No idea how that could affect our signings, but it can’t be good…

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our top organizational coordinator down there died suddenly just within the last couple weeks. No idea how that could affect our signings, but it can’t be good…
I was listening to the end of the draft and someone came on and dedicated something to guy in the DR. It was just before the Giants' pick (I want to say it was either 19th or 20th round) that was immediately announced afterward. I'm guessing it was that guy they did that for. There was no preface, just a sudden "we dedicate this to . . ." and then, separately, "the San Francisco Giants take . . ."
Bummer that he passed suddenly. However, there are quite a few international guys in the non-rookie league (don't remember what they call it now). Moving forward, this could have a negative impact, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Stanford finally making it to Omaha, I watched a lot of the CWS. Saw Bednar twice and I couldn't be happier with the pick. Big, solid, and confident. We had a good run with another 'Will' from Mississippi St., maybe an omen
Nuschler was the one who actually submitted the pick. Rumors are that the Giants had no intention of drafting Bednar, and that Clark hijacked the pick.