• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any change in opinion?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts about what you think the team will do Gandy?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions stay at 10, Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the off season for me to think any differently.

I'd say the chances of the Lions trading up to 2 for Clowney are slim, but not none. Most recently a rumor (could be smoke?) said the Bills are discussing the idea of moving up to 2 from 9. So if the Bills ay 9 are a possibility, why not the Lions at 10?

Again, this idea is based on the comments that continue to be made in public, without fear, from Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew about winning this year....winning the North...playoffs or bust etc...I heard Ihedigbo (sp) on Sirius XM radio yesterday and he was echoing the same thing. So this is the 2014 Lions war cry, buy it or not.

I just feel like if this is really the attitude, Mayhew will try to make a giant splash and move up similar to how he tried to do for Peterson a few years ago.

I don't really have an option C. Dennard or Clowney will be the pick imo.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is, your faggy rules don't apply to any of you fragile flowers.

Swarm tried being a fag, but just like when he tried being straight nobody would have him. So, he trolls the internet all day so he can be with all his friends.

And he's not terry-cloth - more like feathers. Get it right.

No sarcasm here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't cry anymore when I rag on you dorks.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I can take it. No PM's rounding up my pals and threatening to go to another board. No polls. I'm right here.

Too bad the Fairely thing went over your head. I thought you were smarter than these guys. TP thinks I actually meant they hired Schwartz AFTER Fairely was drafted, and this guy is a teacher. That's not even a joke.

I know you're not suggesting I pm'd anyone. Threatening to leave? I like it here. As far as the Fairley thing goes, you are trying to place blame on anyone but Fairley. Like I already stated in the original thread, if you want to blame Mayhew for taking a flyer on a highly talented known lazy prospect, I could get that. You were trying to suggest that Mayhew failed Fairley. Mayhew has fucked up plenty but Fairley can look no further than his own lazy attitude. That was my point. Fairley doesn't get a pass from me. I hope he figures it out because he could be a monster...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick at 10 for me has only really moved with Watkins (and Mack) becoming unrealistic and Gilbert overtaking Dennard if Barr is gone. The chance of the Lions trading down with one of the top 3 QBs being available probably went up a bit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not suggesting I pm'd anyone. Threatening to leave? I like it here. As far as the Fairley thing goes, you are trying to place blame on anyone but Fairley. Like I already stated in the original thread, if you want to blame Mayhew for taking a flyer on a highly talented known lazy prospect, I could get that. You were trying to suggest that Mayhew failed Fairley. Mayhew has fucked up plenty but Fairley can look no further than his own lazy attitude. That was my point. Fairley doesn't get a pass from me. I hope he figures it out because he could be a monster...

No. I'm not suggesting you did anything but join the club. Cool. Whatever.

I'm not trying to place the blame on anyone but Fairley. Fairely is a great player. I'd buy Mayhew's side if he wasn't. But the ultimatum from Mayhew looks like an ego thing, a power play that will blow up in his face. Who cares if Fairely is fat and lazy in Mayhew's eyes if he's a beast on the field? Mayhew needs to figure out his part of the deal and find a coach (maybe he has now?) who CAN properly motivate this man in his life. I dig that.

My point remains that this team (including Nick, Stafford, even Calvin) peaked 3 years ago. They are ALL the same now as they were then. So with that said, I find it silly for Mayhew to all of a sudden expect Fairley to be this new man when the last 5 years have been marred in maturity issues.

In short, why is he be singled out? I don't like Mayhew poking at our best players. I hope he becomes a monster too - for us!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm not suggesting you did anything but join the club. Cool. Whatever.

I'm not trying to place the blame on anyone but Fairley. Fairely is a great player. I'd buy Mayhew's side if he wasn't. But the ultimatum from Mayhew looks like an ego thing, a power play that will blow up in his face. Who cares if Fairely is fat and lazy in Mayhew's eyes if he's a beast on the field? Mayhew needs to figure out his part of the deal and find a coach (maybe he has now?) who CAN properly motivate this man in his life. I dig that.

My point remains that this team (including Nick, Stafford, even Calvin) peaked 3 years ago. They are ALL the same now as they were then. So with that said, I find it silly for Mayhew to all of a sudden expect Fairley to be this new man when the last 5 years have been marred in maturity issues.

In short, why is he be singled out? I don't like Mayhew poking at our best players. I hope he becomes a monster too - for us!

Couldn't this be the motivation you are asking for? Who knows what has been done prior to this potential "last-ditch" effort? I can't imagine that this would be the first attempt to motivate. I've never been a fan of Gunther but many here suggest one of his strengths was motivation. What happened there?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit sorry Stop, hijacked your thread.

If you have anything to add Swarm, maybe the original Fairley thread?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still all for drafting anyone who will help the defense. If they want to go CB, OLB, DT, DE or Safety -- It doesn't matter to me.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob,

Any word on who Buffalo might be targeting if they move up? Im also of the impression that the Lions want to trade up.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LP,

Its cool, go ahead and argue if you want. I knew it would lead to that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob,

I guess I'm included in your dork stuff, but I guarantee that tons of men would love to be as dorky as me. Lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im also of the impression that the Lions want to trade up.

I just hope and pray that if they trade up -- it is for either Mack or Clowney.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way I would trade up for a LB or someone that was non existent d or 2013.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this board turn into a bunch of bitchy broads???? Wtf, grow up!!!!! Lol

Had a great chat with Riley Rieff Saturday night, he really thinks they can do great things WITH leadership, apparently they've been lacking lately, who knew?? Didn't talk a lot of football but he did say Staff was about as good a teammate as you could ask for, no prima donna, just one of the guys. Says the team is tight and expects to be much better this year.

Was a little concerned that Bentley isn't able to dunk a basketball though, would expect an NFL corner to have some hops.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this board turn into a bunch of bitchy broads???? Wtf, grow up!!!!! Lol

Had a great chat with Riley Rieff Saturday night, he really thinks they can do great things WITH leadership, apparently they've been lacking lately, who knew?? Didn't talk a lot of football but he did say Staff was about as good a teammate as you could ask for, no prima donna, just one of the guys. Says the team is tight and expects to be much better this year.

Was a little concerned that Bentley isn't able to dunk a basketball though, would expect an NFL corner to have some hops.

I thought I saw u post pics of that charity bball game you play in. Good to hear the things Rieff had to say. Always great to hear things from the actual players that aren't said during media interviews.