• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

antics in MIA/NY game show whats wrong

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the NBA today.

Heat just lost in a close game, and LeBron is over there in the corner laughing it up afterwards during post game handshakes with several Knick players.

Not bashing LeBron, this isn't just a LeBron issue...this is a league wide problem. These guys are all buddies and I feel the competitiveness is gone.

the Heat/Knicks use to be one of the most heated rivalries in the NBA!! Now, you got their star players laughing it out with each other down the stretch of a close game..........

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is weird right now. Its like everyone has conceded the Pacers the #1 seed, Miami the #2 seed and no one else matters so there really isnt a competition except with those 2 teams and Miami is confident enough to probably think they can win in 6 or win on the road

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably because lebron knows the heat could beat the knicks in a heartbeat in a real game. just because they used to be rivals doesn't mean they still are.

yea they lost. big freaking whoop. they are going to be the number 2 seed regardless. they have spent half the damn season resting starters

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably because lebron knows the heat could beat the knicks in a heartbeat in a real game. just because they used to be rivals doesn't mean they still are.

yea they lost. big freaking whoop. they are going to be the number 2 seed regardless. they have spent half the damn season resting starters

and all that is wrong with the NBA..

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, but Jordan/Bulls were the clear cut #1 team in the entire LEAGUE in the mid 90s, not just the East, but teams tried their hardest to knock the Bulls off, while the Bulls did whatever they could to win every game to prove they were the best.

This "Oh its just one game, no big deal, we will still be #1, 2, 3, hell it doesn't matter as long as we are #8." attitude has ruined the enjoyment of a regular season basketball game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these players were on these teams (most weren't even in the league) when it was an actual rivalry. The Heat/Pacers is the only real rivalry in the east. Those teams do not shake hands before or after games. A few years ago it was Heat/Celtics and Heat/Bulls but now it is Heat/Pacers which I think is the best mini rivalry in the game today

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the NBA today.

Heat just lost in a close game, and LeBron is over there in the corner laughing it up afterwards during post game handshakes with several Knick players.

Not bashing LeBron, this isn't just a LeBron issue...this is a league wide problem. These guys are all buddies and I feel the competitiveness is gone.

the Heat/Knicks use to be one of the most heated rivalries in the NBA!! Now, you got their star players laughing it out with each other down the stretch of a close game..........

NBA is going down the shitter

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember growing up and at the conclusion of football season, came the excitement of NBA on NBC on Sunday mornings/afternoons. It was mid February and I was stoked to see two teams go at it that weren't even at midseason yet. And was excited to see their effort and passion to the game and to win a basketball game.

Ludacris on how weak the league has become. This stems far more than just the NBA, this has been in the works for the last decade with "everyone gets a trophy" mentality our society was bred.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these players were on these teams (most weren't even in the league) when it was an actual rivalry. The Heat/Pacers is the only real rivalry in the east. Those teams do not shake hands before or after games. A few years ago it was Heat/Celtics and Heat/Bulls but now it is Heat/Pacers which I think is the best mini rivalry in the game today
Its a perceived lack of parity. I think people actually thought they could beat MJ's Bulls back in the day

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok...forget the rivalry part, that was just a side comment to my post. The main part is that you're competing to win a game and you don't care that you just lost, you're just going to laugh it up with the opponents after the game on the hardwood.

And like another Heat fan stated above; it's the mentality of, "Whatever its just one game."

That mentality did not exist in the NBA 15 years ago.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clips and Warriors won't even go to church together...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a perceived lack of parity. I think people actually thought they could beat MJ's Bulls back in the day

because players back in the day had that competitive mindset and edge. They believed and WANTED to beat the Bulls.

This era, they could give a rats ass. Write my check and let me get on my way.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the players are telling me through their body language on the court that the game on January 9th 2014 is completely meaningless and they could care less who wins, then why should I? Why should I tune in to any NBA game until June?

Maybe the NBA needs to cut down on its game to make each one mean a little more?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because players back in the day had that competitive mindset and edge. They believed and WANTED to beat the Bulls.

This era, they could give a rats ass. Write my check and let me get on my way.
Nah, I think its because the Bulls weren't that much better than the rest of the teams. MJ was just clutch.

Who is in the Heat's way in the East? Wash and Detroit are pups. NY completely fell apart. Rose is out in Chicago. Nets are too old.

The players are smart enough to know they cant win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens all the time in basketball and football...Nothing new

I remember earlier this year the Bengals absolutely destroyed the Jets and Jets players were laughing it up with Cincy players after.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I think its because the Bulls weren't that much better than the rest of the teams. MJ was just clutch.

Who is in the Heat's way in the East? Wash and Detroit are pups. NY completely fell apart. Rose is out in Chicago. Nets are too old.

The players are smart enough to know they cant win.

:shocked:

then don't pay them millions if they aren't going to try.......

What a pathetic waste of a product the league is promoting if players know they cant win so they don't even try.

But you are probably right, and that is why the NBA sucks now.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens all the time in basketball and football...Nothing new

I remember earlier this year the Bengals absolutely destroyed the Jets and Jets players were laughing it up with Cincy players after.

so it wasn't a hard fought close game that came down to the final 3 minutes of a game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked:

then don't pay them millions if they aren't going to try.......

What a pathetic waste of a product the league is promoting if players know they cant win so they don't even try.

But you are probably right, and that is why the NBA sucks now.
The NBA would be a better product with a shortened season or fewer teams but money drives everything. Don't blame the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality. Blame the 'we need to get every last dollar out of our audience' mentality.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it wasn't a hard fought close game that came down to the final 3 minutes of a game.

No but in the NFL it always happen even in close games. It happens in basketball and football all the time during the regular season at least. One thing I do know about basketball is that in the playoffs you would never see players shake hands after games until it is the final game of the series

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA would be a better product with a shortened season or fewer teams but money drives everything. Don't blame the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality. Blame the 'we need to get every last dollar out of our audience' mentality.

you're right. It is the money, that is what drives the league and owners, but I will still blame the society fed, "everyone gets a trophy" mentality to those players who decide to lay down and figure they don't have a shot at beating a better team, so whats the point in trying.

disappointing too that NBA fans are completely fine with this way of play. Let's just skip the regular season, seed the teams immediately and start the playoffs. Everyone just is ok with what the expected seeds are.