• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

antics in MIA/NY game show whats wrong

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't make sense about that?

It is a game to you but these players have been training and working at that one skill since highschool and earlier.

Or do you think the Harlem Globetrotters are the best of the best?

Yes, I do. :nod:

rookie-harlem-globetrotter-sinks-a-foot-shot-63582.gif

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a strong sense of sportsmanship and respect among professional athletes. It is good form. Then you must consider that many of these men know each other from playing together or being rivals before coming to the pros. While I have a bit of mean and vindictive streak in me, I am pleased to see these young men act as adults.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry and Magic in a regular season game would literally kill each other as well as the rest of the rosters of both teams when on the court. That goes for most all the teams of the 80s.

But after the game there was much respect and some hand shakes. Never saw Larry Legend laughing or yuckin it up after a loss though.

Playoff time, entirely different story. Those players wouldnt even look at each other after games.

DATs got alot of shit for yuckin it up on the sidelines when the Ducks were down. Kinda ticked me off. But I am just a fan, what the players do is just something we have to deal with like it or not ultimately.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry and Magic in a regular season game would literally kill each other as well as the rest of the rosters of both teams when on the court. That goes for most all the teams of the 80s.

But after the game there was much respect and some hand shakes. Never saw Larry Legend laughing or yuckin it up after a loss though.

Playoff time, entirely different story. Those players wouldnt even look at each other after games.

DATs got alot of shit for yuckin it up on the sidelines when the Ducks were down. Kinda ticked me off. But I am just a fan, what the players do is just something we have to deal with like it or not ultimately.

Ahhh, a time I remember fondly.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a strong sense of sportsmanship and respect among professional athletes. It is good form. Then you must consider that many of these men know each other from playing together or being rivals before coming to the pros. While I have a bit of mean and vindictive streak in me, I am pleased to see these young men act as adults.

Booo, I want blood!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, nostalgia combined with poor memory has a way of exaggerating the greatness of the past.

A) Things aren't as different now than they were then as they seem
B) I'm tired of the prevalent thought that if something is how it was done in the past, then it is the better way.

And just to be clear, I lived and watched the NBA through the 80's.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, whoa, ok...so you are telling me that the media embellishes and spins shit to hype their product? SINCE WHEN??!!???

What if Russell and Chamberlain were friends off the court? What if that were the same for Magic and Bird? What if MJ is just a giant douche? What if the Kobe and Shaq feud was really a lover's quarrel?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember growing up and at the conclusion of football season, came the excitement of NBA on NBC on Sunday mornings/afternoons. It was mid February and I was stoked to see two teams go at it that weren't even at midseason yet. And was excited to see their effort and passion to the game and to win a basketball game.

Ludacris on how weak the league has become. This stems far more than just the NBA, this has been in the works for the last decade with "everyone gets a trophy" mentality our society was bred.
There was no effort or passion last night? Neither team wanted to win?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the league just sucks. It is extremely power heavy, that goes to 2 teams. Heat/Pacers.

What fun! Cant wait to tune in to find out what happens tomorrow night!

Seriously, Stern is a terrible commish and his retirement cant come soon enough, he has absolutely ruined this league and killed any parity that there was.
You're clueless, man.

Stern did PLENTY to pitch the NBA to it's fans. He made people WANT to watch the NBA.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, whoa, ok...so you are telling me that the media embellishes and spins shit to hype their product? SINCE WHEN??!!???

What if Russell and Chamberlain were friends off the court? What if that were the same for Magic and Bird? What if MJ is just a giant douche? What if the Kobe and Shaq feud was really a lover's quarrel?

THIS^^^

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clueless, man.

Stern did PLENTY to pitch the NBA to it's fans. He made people WANT to watch the NBA.

Stern was a great business man, he was a horrible commissioner, depending on what the job of the commissioner is. If it is to up hold competitive integrity of the sport then he failed miserably, if it was to sell a product to the masses regardless of the consequences to the product he greatly exceeded his mandate.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern was a great business man, he was a horrible commissioner, depending on what the job of the commissioner is. If it is to up hold competitive integrity of the sport then he failed miserably, if it was to sell a product to the masses regardless of the consequences to the product he greatly exceeded his mandate.

we agree on one thing, Stern was a horrible commish...

guess we'll see if Silver's any better...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we agree on one thing, Stern was a horrible commish...

guess we'll see if Silver's any better...

BOT and CL agree on something?:omg:

I knew I should have paid more attention to those Doomsday Prepper shows!!:lol:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because players back in the day had that competitive mindset and edge. They believed and WANTED to beat the Bulls.

This era, they could give a rats ass. Write my check and let me get on my way.

Sure and Michael Jordan walked 15 miles up hill to the games.

:rollseyes:

Talking about giving 100% every single night sounds great but it's a very poor strategy for an older, banged up team looking to play in their fourth straight NBA Finals to take. They're looking to three-peat not maintain the best record in the NBA until their injuries knock them out of the running completely.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold up competitive integrity? He was in charge (since 1984) of tutoring kids from a young age and turn them into NBA prospects?

He expanded the market "by demand". More markets mean more chances for players to turn into stars.

Was he perfect, no. Was he awful, no.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think he was horrible? What's your reasoning?

i smell another back and forth coming, but here goes...

star calls happened under his watch. the league imo got softer, some of the rule changes that happened since he was calling the shots...

general stuff, i know. but that's most of it...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i smell another back and forth coming, but here goes...

star calls happened under his watch. the league imo got softer, some of the rule changes that happened since he was calling the shots...

general stuff, i know. but that's most of it...

So you're suggesting there was no such thing as star favoring before Stern came in.....in 1984? Don't be obtuse. It happened in all 4 major sports.

The league got softer because the owners started paying players more money. You can't have some scrub (in hockey terms "goon") fouling star players hard, to possibly cause injury, to get them out of the game. Fans don't pay good money to see goons play. They want to see the stars play.

It's simple common sense to realize this.