• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antetokounmpo's secret tweet... Al Hortford to Bucks?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't assume his numbers are right. If they do Brogdon first, they are limited to resigning their own players until they start renouncing contracts (Hill) and cap holds (notably Mirotic, Middleton).

Yeah.

My bad.

Don't know why in holy hell I would assume that given his track record.

I know better than that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon will obviously give the lesser discount, because he was on an unfair rookie salary up to now... but still his salary for next season will be less than 15M.
The Bucks will resign everybody (Mirotic too) even if they fail to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts and it means going (temporarily) above the lux tax... They'll then dump the exessive salary on trades.

If the Bucks will get Horford out of free agency, they may not resign Lopez.

You do understand that the salary cap is well below the luxury tax, right?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they apply to multi-year deals, and I'm not sure how it works when the player was technically injured in the season prior.
i just think hes a good fit and can slide right into that offense.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but I don't think injured player exceptions allow for that expensive of a contract.
we saw boogie cousins take 5 mil when he was worth far more.

i can see it happening, somehow. but al wants 3-4 years, thats the issue IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we saw boogie cousins take 5 mil when he was worth far more.

i can see it happening, somehow. but al wants 3-4 years, thats the issue IMO.

I don't see it even remotely. I guess we'll see.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that the salary cap is well below the luxury tax, right?
Why do you always have to troll? The bucks "roof" is at 132M before they are eligible to pay lux tax and have all the exceptions needed... all they have to look at, is the sequence of their moves to be timed correctly... (partly the reason Brogdon will be signed first)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you always have to troll? The bucks "roof" is at 132M before they are eligible to pay lux tax and have all the exceptions needed... all they have to look at, is the sequence of their moves to be timed correctly... (partly the reason Brogdon will be signed first)

I have tried many times to correct your mistakes and you just ignore and keep on going. Then, you have the gall to call other people names when you are clearly and obviously in the wrong.

No other good way to handle someone like you than to make fun. You won't engage in a realistic conversation and you fly off the handle when people disagree. Which they obviously will a lot because you are profoundly wrong about pretty much everything you think you know about the NBA.

If the Bucks are going over the cap and up to the tax line, the guys with the low hold numbers will be last.

Unless Milwaukee does not sign anybody new. If they just resign all their own players the order does not really matter as much.

Your certainty is hilarious. You clearly don't understand the rules.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the salary cap is $109 million.

The Bucks can go over it to resign their own players they hold Bird Rights to or to offer an MLE or minimum contracts.

If they want to sign anybody above MLE from outside, they need to do that before dropping a lot of $ on Brogdon and Middleton, which they will almost surely do.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bucks can go over it to resign their own players they hold Bird Rights to or to offer an MLE or minimum contracts.

If they want to sign anybody above MLE from outside, they need to do that before dropping a lot of $ on Brogdon and Middleton, which they will almost surely do.
Blah blah, blah, nonesense. Blah, blah, blah, nonesense, blah ,blah, blah.

The Bucks have all the exceptions they need not to be lux tax eligible before they have 132M of salary obligations.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team boards: places to talk about your team. And any such fantasies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford isn't leaving Boston.

FS1 and ESPN are both reporting that Horford's leaving.

@buckalis catches a lot of grief, and deservingly so. But this is a destination where Horford may actually end up at given his experience with Bud as a coach when he was in Atlanta. Horford wants to get paid and/or win; from public perception he at least wants one of those. Boston's not willing to pony up $25 mil per year for four more years, and that's understandable. But Boston's also nowhere near the position of winning right now. That's where Milwaukee comes in. They can't throw money at Horford, but he makes them better and they have a legit shot at winning.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is semantical, but needs to be pointed out.

The Bucks do not have $62 million in cap space.

Cap holds count against space. They would have to renounce all their players they have holds on to actually claim that cap space.

They will not renounce Brogdon unless they decide not to match a lucrative offer from another team.
They will not renounce Middleton (unless they intend to let him go) because that would cause them to lose his Bird Rights and lose the ability to offer him a 5th year

They could renounce the others I suppose.

They may have $62 million to sign players with, but not $62 million in cap space. There is a difference.

And it's significant. They better hope that cap hold on Middleton's only about $20 mil.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is if they don't plan on bringing back Mirotic and/or Slopez. If they bring back both of those guys they will be looking to get rid of those Snell/Ilyasova contracts even more.
If they don't mind going into the luxury they could add a nice piece/role player.

If you can get Horford in on a team friendly deal, then you don't need Lopez. Mirotic would be an obvious casualty.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

geeze, coach. why you always gotta troll...? :heh: