• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antetokounmpo's secret tweet... Al Hortford to Bucks?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you delibaretely forgot to mention that you have already admitted that Pistons are also winners in this trade and took 14.5M of his salary in their books TO USE him on their roster...

and then it took a king's offer out of the NETs for AD for the Lakers to beat and OVERPAY as to get AD in a trade that the Pelicans (clearly) won... I guess every team would consider moving any player if they WIN out of a trade...

Therefore stop calling people names... Understand? ...stupid!

The Pistons are winner in that trade because they got a 1st round pick in exchange for taking back bad money.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good lord.

You have literally no idea what the value of expiring contracts is. And you also don't understand that the last thing that the Bucks are going to do is trade 2 expiring contracts for picks because that would mean they are talking on longer bad contracts.

The only "value" that Ilyasova and Leuer provide for the Bucks is if they want to make a trade and they need to match contracts which is unlikely.
Why is it unlikely?

The Bucks will look to improve the roster further this season and this includes the possibility of upgrading the starting squad...
Why you would think a Bledsoe + Leure package at 25M is unlikely for another team to take?
Why not a Bledsoe + Ilyasova package?
Why not a Mirotic + Leure or Ilyasova package?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it unlikely?

The Bucks will look to improve the roster further this season and this includes the possibility of upgrading the starting squad...

I'm sure they will look to improve their roster. But that doesn't mean other teams are interested in doing them any favors.
Why you would think a Bledsoe + Leure package at 25M is unlikely for another team to take?

No. I don't think any team is interested in that pacakge.

Because it's a lot of money for not enough production. The Bucks overpaid for Ilyasova because he had a pretty good half season with the Sixers. The Sixers got him off the scrap heap for a reason. Bledsoe was a cast off malcontent with a questionable motor. Why would any team give up any meaningful assets for that package.

Mirotic is a free agent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU then... you are mentally sick if you can jump in and start attacking people while there is no subject you disagree with... dipshit!

You are mad! Calm down little guy, you seem to get upset when you are wrong...I guess you are upset a lot haha

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has been saying they will have to attach picks to dump his contract.

They did.

I guess Detroit thinks they can do something with the 30th pick even though they have been dreadful at drafting I guess.

Yep the 30th pick did it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it unlikely?

There is so much stupidity in this post...just gonna pass on this one. Flyer covered it anyway LOL but I will say...they will most likely have the same starting 5 next season, maybe Lopez is gone but they probably just sign him back.

Bledsoe
Brogdon
Middleton
Giannis
Lopez

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much stupidity in this post...just gonna pass on this one. Flyer covered it anyway LOL but I will say...they will most likely have the same starting 5 next season, maybe Lopez is gone but they probably just sign him back.

Bledsoe
Brogdon
Middleton
Giannis
Lopez

Solid squad. See no reason to move Bledsoe

I'm guessing they will take a swing at getting a decent free agent under the cap after cutting Hill and renouncing Mirotic and a few others but it will take stretching Leuer and moving Ersan and taking little back to get them up there. Not sure they can pull that off.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main advantage the bucks have this off-season is the low cap hold for Brogdon

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will look to improve their roster. But that doesn't mean other teams are interested in doing them any favors.

No. I don't think any team is interested in that pacakge.

Because it's a lot of money for not enough production. The Bucks overpaid for Ilyasova because he had a pretty good half season with the Sixers. The Sixers got him off the scrap heap for a reason. Bledsoe was a cast off malcontent with a questionable motor. Why would any team give up any meaningful assets for that package.

Mirotic is a free agent.
Mirotic isn't a free agent yet, he is about to become one on the 30th... Still Jon Horst is known not to let players of value walk out for nothing and therefore he is expected to bring all back, including Mirotic.

I completely disagree with you on Bledsoe... There are too many teams that are looking for and decent value PG (Magic, Suns, Knicks, Lakers, Pelicans, Bulls and many more) in the NBA and Bledsoe comes at quite an attractive price... The Bucks could IMO easily attatch one out of the two expirings on him and get payed accordingly, which would get them in return a player in another position.

Never the less, if ones opinion is different, then this has to be respected.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirotic isn't a free agent yet, he is about to become one on the 30th... Still Jon Horst is known not to let players of value walk out for nothing and therefore he is expected to bring all back, including Mirotic.

I completely disagree with you on Bledsoe... There are too many teams that are looking for and decent value PG (Magic, Suns, Knicks, Lakers, Pelicans, Bulls and many more) in the NBA and Bledsoe comes at quite an attractive price... The Bucks could IMO easily attatch one out of the two expirings on him and get payed accordingly, which would get them in return a player in another position.

Well I'm sure they could get a player in return. They just won't get a good player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players about to become free agents cannot be traded after the trade deadline. It would have to be a sign & trade.

Jon Horst has only been on the job for 2 years. He isn't "known" for anything other than being younger than some players.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid squad. See no reason to move Bledsoe

I'm guessing they will take a swing at getting a decent free agent under the cap after cutting Hill and renouncing Mirotic and a few others but it will take stretching Leuer and moving Ersan and taking little back to get them up there. Not sure they can pull that off.
There is no question Hill comes back on a new contract (about 4M for next season). He said in his exit interview he would come back even if it was for a vet Min, but the Bucks want him back, love him back and will pay him a bit more.
Mirotic is also expected to be resigned.

The Bucks have plenty of worthy PGs on Bledsoe, Brogdon, Hill and DDV (Frazier too in deep roster) and therefore by adding a good wing would end up upgrading the roster...

It would then be Brogdon starting at PG, Midletton at 2 or 3, the addition at 3 or 2 along with Giannis and Lopez.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no question Hill comes back on a new contract (about 4M for next season). He said in his exit interview he would come back even if it was for a vet Min, but the Bucks want him back, love him back and will pay him a bit more.
Mirotic is also expected to be resigned.

The Bucks have plenty of worthy PGs on Bledsoe, Brogdon, Hill and DDV (Frazier too in deep roster) and therefore by adding a good wing would end up upgrading the roster...

It would then be Brogdon starting at PG, Midletton at 2 or 3, the addition at 3 or 2 along with Giannis and Lopez.

Well they definitely can't re-sign Mirotic and get a big free agent.

I doubt they move Bledsoe

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players about to become free agents cannot be traded after the trade deadline. It would have to be a sign & trade.

Jon Horst has only been on the job for 2 years. He isn't "known" for anything other than being younger than some players.
Why would the Bucks would rush and trade now? Isn't it better to take their time and trade on Christmas? Bledsoe can't be traded until mid September either...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they definitely can't re-sign Mirotic and get a big free agent.

I doubt they move Bledsoe
They can if they sign a FA that takes a starting roster spot and don't bring back the player he is replacing... Say Horford for Lopez.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can if they sign a FA that takes a starting roster spot and don't bring back the player he is replacing... Say Horford for Lopez.

Come on man Lopez's cap hold is only four million. They would have to relinquish Mirotic to have the space to sign Horford. And they'd probably still have to find someone to take Ersans contract.

I like Al but I'm not sure the team is all that much better with him as opposed to Lopez and Mirotic. They could maybe snag Lopez if he signed for the min but I don't like the chances of that.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man Lopez's cap hold is only four million. They would have to relinquish Mirotic to have the space to sign Horford. And they'd probably still have to find someone to take Ersans contract.

I like Al but I'm not sure the team is all that much better with him as opposed to Lopez and Mirotic. They could maybe snag Lopez if he signed for the min but I don't like the chances of that.
Lopez, if resigned, it will be for the MLE (9.1M) by resigning Mirotic at near his current salary, the Bucks will only go a little over the lux tax threshold which can be corrected later with another trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that would be an upgrade in the short term. Horford is a really good player.

But he is 33.

Will he still be a strong 2 way player for the last couple years on his new deal?

Worth the risk, IMO, but you are right. Getting a Horford probably costs both Mirotic and Lopez

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be an upgrade in the short term. Horford is a really good player.

But he is 33.

Will he still be a strong 2 way player for the last couple years on his new deal?

Worth the risk, IMO, but you are right. Getting a Horford probably costs both Mirotic and Lopez
I'm not sure Horford is really that much of an upgrade from Lopez for what it will cost to get him and the inevitable diminishing returns with age.