• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antetokounmpo's secret tweet... Al Hortford to Bucks?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the negotiatiations between the Celtics and Al Hortford falling apart and Al hitting free agency, Giannis posted a secret tweet that the press is linking with Hortford joining the Bucks on a multiyear team friendly deal.

Hordford was a major piece on coach Bud's plans in the 60 win season the Hawks had back in the days.

Last edited:

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t that be collusion?

Where is the link to this tweet??
Can't post a link for technical reasons related with damage in my equipment... I will be able to in a few days...

Giannis tweet is on tuesday, you will have to google "Giannis secret tweet Al Hortford"

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I’m seeing is that he liked someone’s report on Twitter. How is that “secret” or “cryptic”?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I’m seeing is that he liked someone’s report on Twitter. How is that “secret” or “cryptic”?

It is the followers and the press that has linked it with Al to the Bucks being probable.

Giannis has a major word on whoever the Bucks pursue to add in the roster and knows the latest happennings with the FO in the last detail.

He has never reacted before to third party negotiations result (falling apart in this case). His reaction this time is a strong hint that the result directly concerns his interests...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the followers and the press that has linked it with Al to the Bucks being probable.

Giannis has a major word on whoever the Bucks pursue to add in the roster and knows the latest happennings with the FO in the last detail.

He has never reacted before to third party negotiations result (falling apart in this case). His reaction this time is a strong hint that the result directly concerns his interests...

He "liked" a post. You are reading way to much into a player "liking" a tweet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the negotiatiations between the Celtics and Al Hortford falling apart and Al hitting free agency, Giannis posted a secret tweet that the press is linking with Hortford joining the Bucks on a multiyear team friendly deal.

Hordford was a major piece on coach Bud's plans in the 60 win season the Hawks had back in the days.

This is the first thing you posted that could actually happen.

Horford already got his big contract. Him signing a team friendly deal actually makes sense.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors and whispers I'm reading suggest Al is gonna get paid... 4 years, 100 million... something like that.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors and whispers I'm reading suggest Al is gonna get paid... 4 years, 100 million... something like that.
The Bucks won't pay that much...

In any case, the reason Al declined his PO with the Celtics, isn't money related, but because his assesment is that he can't win with them, therefore his destination is among the few teams he can win with...

I Guess that makes the Bucks a highly probable destination and then explains Giannis reaction on tweeter...

I guess if he is to join the Bucks his salary would be smth close to 4/50M on a team friendly deal that would help the team be even more competitive...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any case, the reason Al declined his PO with the Celtics, isn't money related, but because his assesment is that he can't win with them, therefore his destination is among the few teams he can win with...
I don't think what you are claiming here is entirely true.

Reportedly, Horford and the Celtics engaged in preliminary talks.

But apparently, the C's weren't willing to offer the money Big Al wanted.

So money appears to be a factor, contrary to your claim above.

Personally, I think it's both for Horford. He wants a marriage of getting paid and title chance. We'll see if he's willing to compromise anywhere... only time will tell on that front.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO if you spell a guys name wrong multiple times without ever spelling it right, your "information" is bullshit.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford isn't leaving Boston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks don't have the money unless Horford were to accept A LOT less. Horford and the Nets have interest, seems more doable since they have a lot more cap space.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks don't have the money unless Horford were to accept A LOT less. Horford and the Nets have interest, seems more doable since they have a lot more cap space.

ok didn't know the Bucks cap situation...

way Buckalis was talking I thought they might've had some money...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if the Bucks will be getting everything they could ever want or need on "team friendly" terms....they're that amazing...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok didn't know the Bucks cap situation...

way Buckalis was talking I thought they might've had some money...
62M to be exact, that can be up to 80M if the FO achieves to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contract...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62M to be exact, that can be up to 80M if the FO achieves to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contract...

This is semantical, but needs to be pointed out.

The Bucks do not have $62 million in cap space.

Cap holds count against space. They would have to renounce all their players they have holds on to actually claim that cap space.

They will not renounce Brogdon unless they decide not to match a lucrative offer from another team.
They will not renounce Middleton (unless they intend to let him go) because that would cause them to lose his Bird Rights and lose the ability to offer him a 5th year

They could renounce the others I suppose.

They may have $62 million to sign players with, but not $62 million in cap space. There is a difference.