• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

another view of the qb debate

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the teams value RG3 better than any QB in the draft you would send the Skins two first rounders'. I hope we don't trade Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I have to agree with Manster. With his struggles this year and all the noise coming out of Ashburn, why would any one honestly give up 2 first rounder and more for RG3 when they could simply draft a QB and use the other picks to shore up other areas of need on their roster. You got Bridgewater, Manziel and Carr all coming out and all likely first round draft picks. If we tried to trade RG3, I think the best offer we get is a 1st and 3rd, and I dont think they would both be in this coming draft. If we get offered a 2nd for Cousins, I think they jump on it. Because it shows an increas in value from what we gave up for him. There is no way we get even close to even for what we gave up for RG3. And in reality it would be like trying to sell a car you still owe on. You wont get back enough to pay off the loan, and will likely have to come out of pocket to replace him any way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I have to agree with Manster. With his struggles this year and all the noise coming out of Ashburn, why would any one honestly give up 2 first rounder and more for RG3 when they could simply draft a QB and use the other picks to shore up other areas of need on their roster. You got Bridgewater, Manziel and Carr all coming out and all likely first round draft picks. If we tried to trade RG3, I think the best offer we get is a 1st and 3rd, and I dont think they would both be in this coming draft. If we get offered a 2nd for Cousins, I think they jump on it. Because it shows an increas in value from what we gave up for him. There is no way we get even close to even for what we gave up for RG3. And in reality it would be like trying to sell a car you still owe on. You wont get back enough to pay off the loan, and will likely have to come out of pocket to replace him any way.

the question becomes is RG3 better then them ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course someone would give us 2 1sts for RG3. Good God, have you all forgotten how he tore the league up last year? There are enough teams out there that are desperate for a franchise QB and RG3 has shown he can have success in this league. Those of you that have written him off because of his bad year (which wasn't all that bad) this year are being crazy. They guy has all of the tools any coach would want, he just needs to learn the nuances of being an NFL QB. There is always some coach or some owner that thinks they can get the max out of him. Might even be Jerry Jones. Having said this, we are not trading him.

As for cousins, if he plays well these next 2 games, we will get at least a 2nd for him and he will be traded this offseason. Houston, Cleveland or the Jets would be my guess.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII is going to make a lot of people look stupid next year.

I agree. Our fan base has to be the most impatient, instant gratification, group I have ever seen. Last year, RG3 was a HOFer. This year, many think he sucks and are calling for Cousins. What I find interesting is how other fan bases treat their young players. Look at Luck. Very similar numbers as RG3 this year. He also regressed a bit (not as far only because he wasn't as high as RG3 last year). Yet you don't see the Indy fans questioning what they could get if they traded Luck. And before any one brings up that we paid more for RG3, that's water under the bridge and has no bearing on how we support RG3 or set expectations for any 2nd year QB, especially one coming off a devastating injury and had NO OFFSEASON to develop skills.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because RG3 has proven to be extremely capable of playing at this level. Bridgewater won't be any good, Manziel is likely to get himself killed or kicked out, and Carr is nothing special.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I suggest you look at the trade from the view point of NOT being a fan of the player in question. Look at it as if your team was trading to get him. Based on his play this year, the questions of if he has a problem being coached, and the ever present injury worry due to his style of playing the position. In that view point, would you give up two first round draft picks for him?? If you are honest with yourselves I dont think any one would give up two first round picks for him right now. Because you would also have to ask yourself, why exactly are the Redskins giving up on him??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I suggest you look at the trade from the view point of NOT being a fan of the player in question. Look at it as if your team was trading to get him. Based on his play this year, the questions of if he has a problem being coached, and the ever present injury worry due to his style of playing the position. In that view point, would you give up two first round draft picks for him?? If you are honest with yourselves I dont think any one would give up two first round picks for him right now. Because you would also have to ask yourself, why exactly are the Redskins giving up on him??

Honestly, I think I am. The injury concern is the only real concern. These QBs coming out this year are unproven. RG3 is not. I would also ask for you to look at him objectively, not through the prism of what we gave up. If Carson Palmer can garner 2 1sts, RG3 could clearly get that.

RG3 is an elite talent. He is not yet an elite QB, but if we works as hard at becoming an NFL QB as he did recovering from injury, I have no doubt he will become an elite QB.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way RG3 played this year I would be surprised if we didn't keep Cousins as insurance for next season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way RG3 played this year I would be surprised if we didn't keep Cousins as insurance for next season.

If we didn't have so many holes, I would be all for this. But with all the holes we have to fill, we just don't have the luxury of keeping 2 starting caliber QBs on the roster. If we could get a 2nd for Kirk (which I think is possible), that would most likely lead to a solid starter for us. So we could fill a hole at ILB, or S or CB or WR or OL. Next year. We need every high pick we can get because through the draft is how you really build a long term strong franchise.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its best because where we currently are which is the basement.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far i am not certain KC has upped his value enough to be worth it to trade him i was hoping a 1st rounder would be in play but i dont see that now

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the week for KC to play great against a horrible defense and I don't think he did enough to get a 2nd rd pick. We can hope he does better against the Giants but I doubt it.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Cousins can fetch a 2nd round pick. If the Texans, Rams, Jags, or Raiders offered 2 first round picks for RG3 I think you have to do it.

Well... don't hold your breath on that one. Lol. Just because that's what you essentially paid us for his services, doesn't mean we're taking him now, at face value. There's a reason the Rams passed on RGIII to begin with. We're already set at QB and will likely look to parlay those two first rounders into more picks (hoping the Browns and their 2 first rounders are as hungry for a QB as you guys were 2 years ago.)

As far as Griffin goes... I think it's a bit premature to start talking about dealing the guy anyway. Not only because of what you gave up to get him in the first place, but because his rookie year was far too good for that. And this season, while his numbers weren't "great", they weren't horrendous either. He's still in the infancy of his career. Hell, I'd look at 86ing Shanahan before I even considered Griffin. Although, I'd find some way... any way I could, to keep Cousins on as a contingency plan... just in case.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons why the Rams didn't take Griffen b/c they still believe in Bradford who hasn't won anything and is very injury prone. Has Bradford ever finished a season? I think the jake Long loss yesterday means that you will be targeting the OT Matthews in the draft.

You guys can have all the picks you want. You will never win the NFC West. Hawks, 49ers, and even the Cards are better teams.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons why the Rams didn't take Griffen b/c they still believe in Bradford who hasn't won anything and is very injury prone. Has Bradford ever finished a season? I think the jake Long loss yesterday means that you will be targeting the OT Matthews in the draft.

You guys can have all the picks you want. You will never win the NFC West. Hawks, 49ers, and even the Cards are better teams.

Yes... they Believe in Bradford. Let's face it... the Rams were an awful, AWFUL team, up until last year. You guys, of all people, should know that the QB can't do it all on his own. Trust me, you're gonna start hearing the same things about Griffin. "Injury prone", hasn't won anything", "you should cut ties with him while you can", etc, etc. My advice... just tune it out, the way I (and smart front offices) do. As a fan who actually watches the guy play... you know better than a casual observer, glancing at a box score now and again. ;)

The Rams are putting the finishing touches on an offense for Bradford to work with and the Daniel Snyder's help in acquiring those final pieces is greatly appreciated. Yes... Long's injury does shoot Matthews to the top of the board for us (IMO). But, the 'Skins have been instrumental in putting us squarely in position to get him, should we choose to go that route. I mean... finishing (potentially) 8-8 yet still holding the #2 overall draft pick? Whoulda thunk it?

"You will never win the NFC West" is a pretty broad statement. I mean... there's a lot of football to be played between now and the end of time (well... hopefully, that is). But, if/when we do win it... just know it'll be on your dime.

Thank you, in advance! :suds: