• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another reason to celebrate the playoffs

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was over at CBS and was checking out the big board over there (usually I am looking by week 12). The draft looks particularly weak.

The studs:
Randy Gregory-Nebraska-DE
Brandon Sherff-Iowa-OT
Todd Gurley-Georgia-RB
Shaq Thompson-Wash-LB/RB
Shane Ray-Mizz-DE

Everyone else in the draft is highly questionable
Mariota- Throwing to wiiiiiide open receivers in Oregon's scheme. Windows are tight in the NFL
Winston- Possible chemical imbalance or extreme immaturity
Leonard Williams- 95% of USC players are terribly over rated
Vic Beasley- Under sized pass rusher. Is he Von Miller or Jarvis Jones
Amari Cooper- Looks to be a solid #2 WR in the NFL but people have him going top 10
Landon Collins- Another ALA prospect. Remember Barron going top 10 then just got traded for a late round draft pick
Green-Beckham- Really? Dude is choking out chicks and is listed #10?
Melvin Gordon- Anyone remember Montee Ball?

These are players who should be good pro's but not players you spend a high draft pick on
Kevin White-WV-WR: Looks like Anquan Boldin
Davante Parker-LOU-WR: Looks like a high end WR2/Low End WR1
Andrus Peat-STAN-OT: Looks like a solid RT/Swing tackle backup in the pro's

All in all a great year to be picking at the bottom of the 1st round as almost all these guys have huge ?'s surrounding them. We could go upside or just fill in depth.

Not posting this to "look forward to next year" but to have even more reason to celebrate this season being a good year to try and go deep in the playoffs. :suds:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep run or not. Picking in the 20's is a good spot for OL that are not LT's. OL blew this year. Scheme or not, was not at all impressed with that unit all year.

Need to see what transpires with Suh also before saying OL over possible DT.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I admit their is no sure fire top 5 I think any draft has potential.

The Lions will probably need some help on both lines and the draft has been pretty good about quality D-Lineman slipping to the second round.

Outside of the lines and a backup QB the Lions will be in position to take the best athlete and it actually make sense.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep run or not. Picking in the 20's is a good spot for OL that are not LT's. OL blew this year. Scheme or not, was not at all impressed with that unit all year.

Need to see what transpires with Suh also before saying OL over possible DT.

I'm fine with him going DT or OL. I trust Mayhews judgement on lineman. The other positions though...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 priority: OLine.

#2 priority: OLine

#3 priority: you guessed it, OLine.

That will change if/when Suh is officially gone. And QB should always be considered. ALWAYS! Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. If you pick a good quarterback, there's always value. It doesn't matter if he ever takes a meaningful snap for your team or not. Its a mistake to pass on a QB simply because "we have a guy".