• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another one bites the dust

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok
I want an honest answer here.
Who has ever "thought" of running into someone and Pulling a "firearm" over a parking spot dispute ?

Thinking for a nanosecond I wanted to run somebody over I admit "I'm guilty" of thinking that then saying to myself "you stupid idiot you cant do that it's not worth it" but thinking and acting are 2 completely different actions.
I have always been taught if you pull a "firearm" you are ready to use it in no uncertain terms because you believe your life or your family's life is in immediate life threating peril. So the "firearm" is a major red flag for me in confrontation management skills.
Things need to play out and hopefully the full story of what actually happened will come out.

Sometimes life changing actions take place in seconds it happens everyday all over the world.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between someone who is struggling with a disease and someone who for no apparent good reason decided to assault and intimidate someone with a deadly weapon.

Now I have said that due process needs to play out, but if the accounts are true, allowing this type of behavior to slide is just the worst message to send. Jerry has long had a history of giving guys with drug problems second and even third chances, but those guys were mostly being self-destructive. Wilson allegedly literally threatened to kill someone, Dallas can not be seen supporting that type of behavior - and allowing Wilson to remain on the roster would be a show of support on some level.
Brent killed a teammate and wasn't cut. I don't see any way Jerry cuts Wilson who looks like a week 1 starter and it doesn't matter what you or I think, only what Jerry thinks.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson told police that he “had road rage” after backing his truck into a tailgater and threatened another with a rifle last week. (Dallas Morning News)
  • A man flagged down officers in the stadium’s parking lot and explained that someone in a pickup truck hit his sister-in-law while parking and pulled out his rifle.
  • Wilson initially denied having weapons and “said nothing” when police asked if he was involved in the incident. He was arrested on aggravated assault charges on July 4.
  • Wilson is facing two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • TMZ Sports reports that the woman Cowboys LB Damien Wilson allegedly hit with his truck during the incident that led to him being arrested on July 4 did not suffer any injuries.
  • Wilson was arrested on two counts of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with the first charge being for striking a woman with his truck and the other for pulling a rifle and pointing it at a guy.
  • If convicted of both charges, Wilson could face up to 40 years in prison.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson told police that he “had road rage” after backing his truck into a tailgater and threatened another with a rifle last week. (Dallas Morning News)

I shouldn't speculate like this, but I'm gonna...

Was it road rage or 'roid rage? Just thinking out loud, but wasn't Wilson looking pretty jacked by the end of the season last year - I mean like really jacked up?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it road rage or 'roid rage? Just thinking out loud, but wasn't Wilson looking pretty jacked by the end of the season last year - I mean like really jacked up?

Might be an explanation as well.

I was sort of hoping there was drugs or alcohol involved which wouldn't excuse but might further explain...possibly, why a professional athlete would do something this completely fucking asinine

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Did Jerry build his stadium on an ancient Indian burial ground or something?
The Cowboys sure seem to have bad luck.
I feel for you fans, not as much as I do for Browns fans but you know what I mean.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was he wanted to park. the space was in use by others who were tailgating, and said no to his request to give him space. He then decided to just help himself to the spot, a women decided she'd stop a truck with her body. Luckily she did as Wilson figured out she wasn't giving up. When he backed into said women others rightfully became more angry with Wilson, prompting him to pull a weapon to prove his manhood.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if he has had concussions? I have had severAL concussions and get road rage quite often. I don't carry a gun though.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • TMZ Sports reports that the woman Cowboys LB Damien Wilson allegedly hit with his truck during the incident that led to him being arrested on July 4 did not suffer any injuries.
  • Wilson was arrested on two counts of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with the first charge being for striking a woman with his truck and the other for pulling a rifle and pointing it at a guy.
  • If convicted of both charges, Wilson could face up to 40 years in prison.
I think his career is over

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be an explanation as well.

I was sort of hoping there was drugs or alcohol involved which wouldn't excuse but might further explain...possibly, why a professional athlete would do something this completely fucking asinine

A head scratcher for sure.

I think it was he wanted to park. the space was in use by others who were tailgating, and said no to his request to give him space. He then decided to just help himself to the spot, a women decided she'd stop a truck with her body. Luckily she did as Wilson figured out she wasn't giving up. When he backed into said women others rightfully became more angry with Wilson, prompting him to pull a weapon to prove his manhood.

Have you read this account of the events somewhere? Haven't seen this.

If the account of events is true he'll be in prison a few years.

Yeah, most likely. But football season will be here and gone by the time this case makes it's way through court. Wilson might not be making the big bucks, but he's making enough to pay for a competent legal defense. I imagine this case will see a few postponements. That said, I don't think he deserves to be on an NFL roster - it doesn't seem like there is any dispute Wilson pulled a gun.

I wonder if he has had concussions? I have had severAL concussions and get road rage quite often. I don't carry a gun though.

Many, many people experience road rage, that's not the issue here. The problem is Wilson's anger management. If he's willing to pull a gun over this, what would Wilson do in response to an even worse slight? Hard to understand his thought process when pulling the gun - fucking stupid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a long time I've been firmly in the camp that a lot more guys than we know are taking something they shouldn't. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot and not just Football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "tough guy" serum stronger than "internet tough guy" and "beer muscles tough guy" is "holding a gun tough guy". I get the whole gun rights battle and don't care either way myself, but WTF. How often is a gun really used for protection as compared to something bad happening.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read this account of the events somewhere? Haven't seen this.

There are reports out that he was at a soccer gsme looking for a place to park, asked a group to shrink their tailgate party area so he could park.
The part where I siadc"I think" he decidedto take the spot on his own is just what I think. I have no direct knowledge of the issue.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, kind of explains a lot. Now all those hope for broken bones post are s little clearer.

Those posts are just Arlington's way of venting his road rage.