• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another great game by Alex

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being a whiny little bitch. It's a fucking forum, if someone wants to write about Alex Smith doing good/bad every week, oh fucking well. The only thing old about it is you feeling the need to complain about "a new Alex Smith thread". Shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

Your welcome to everybody scared to tell this bitch to STFU cuz he's a "moderator".

ha ha, I can't believe you typed that with sincerity, what are you, part of Occupy Sports SportsHoopla?

Stick it to the 'man'!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Storm, I agree with Edwards and Davis; However, Crabtree, today, would not even make the GB squad, he is far too undisciplined. Crabtree with Rodgers would be less effective than Ocho with Brady.

Seriously? Just stop.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously? Just stop.

Yes, Seriously! Crabtree can't even develop chemistry with Alex Smith, and you think he would fit into GB's stable of WR's and offensive scheme - LMAO!!

You, on the other hand should not stop - keep going, you're hilarious!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you there and I am not trying to say that Alex is anywhere near as good as Rodgers. Still, if our receivers corp had game breakers, we should have seen it by now. Again, please tell me the last time a Niner receiver took a 5 yard pass, made a play, and took it 70 or 80 yards for a TD. Been a long long time. They don't even come close. So you cannot lay all the blame for modest passing yardage on Alex, some goes to the receivers.

Braylon took a slant, broke multiple tackles for 24 yards in that last game. You get him together with a player like Rogers in that system and he turns into that player you're describing once they're given some time together.

If you traded their receivers for our receivers, you'd be in the same boat asking for someone who could take a 5 yard pass and take it to the house.

One big factor is safeties are still crowding up. Another key is timing and accuracy of the GB system which creates space. We don't have either of those things working for us right now, so it makes it really hard for our receivers to bust one on a short pass.

Our offense is progressively getting better as LB's have to play more honest or get burned with wheel routes. So the next step is to go to work on these safeties and back them the hell out.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Storm, I agree with Edwards and Davis; However, Crabtree, today, would not even make the GB squad, he is far too undisciplined. Crabtree with Rodgers would be less effective than Ocho with Brady.

If we ever traded Crabtree to GB, I'd definitely bet you he'd go for 900+ yards which is very good for a #2 or #3 receiver.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we should all step back a little to the end of last season.....Alex Smith was getting bashed left and right, "we want Carr" was loud and clear....unbelievable to us now.......Carr! we had hundredes of posts over and over Alex this and Alex that.

what i'm getting to is...............we should all be glad Alex Smith is playing much better than the last 6 years. we disagree just how good, but we all know its better.

just looking at this thread, look how Alex Smith actually has backers??!!

in such a short period of time.....amazing!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we ever traded Crabtree to GB, I'd definitely bet you he'd go for 900+ yards which is very good for a #2 or #3 receiver.

I agree, Storm, the yardage would be good for a #2 and certainly for a #3; however, Crabtree would not even be a #3 receiver for GB today and their #4 is Driver. So, IMO, Crabtree does not even make the team today.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nobody in green bay would know who crabtree is. heck, he'd prolly be doing special teams

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being a whiny little bitch. It's a fucking forum, if someone wants to write about Alex Smith doing good/bad every week, oh fucking well. The only thing old about it is you feeling the need to complain about "a new Alex Smith thread". Shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

Your welcome to everybody scared to tell this bitch to STFU cuz he's a "moderator".

lmao. I don't like the idea of censoring Alex discussions, people should be able to discuss what's on their mind (with in reason and the law). Censoring a site that functions as an outlet for people to discuss their mind, is only going to send people in search of sites where they can discuss everything. Angry crusades against the mods never work either though. It will only annoy people and get you banned. That's just reality. Don't take things to seriously, no one comes here to be to serious.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Storm, the yardage would be good for a #2 and certainly for a #3; however, Crabtree would not even be a #3 receiver for GB today and their #4 is Driver. So, IMO, Crabtree does not even make the team today.

nobody in green bay would know who crabtree is. heck, he'd prolly be doing special teams

Crabtree is already on the Packers.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ha ha, I can't believe you typed that with sincerity, what are you, part of Occupy Sports SportsHoopla?

Stick it to the 'man'!!!

AGreed. Clyde can come off as a pompous know it all at times but I've never known him to throw his weight around as a moderator. I'm more than good to go with him being a moderator on this board.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Braylon took a slant, broke multiple tackles for 24 yards in that last game. You get him together with a player like Rogers in that system and he turns into that player you're describing once they're given some time together.

If you traded their receivers for our receivers, you'd be in the same boat asking for someone who could take a 5 yard pass and take it to the house.

One big factor is safeties are still crowding up. Another key is timing and accuracy of the GB system which creates space. We don't have either of those things working for us right now, so it makes it really hard for our receivers to bust one on a short pass.

Our offense is progressively getting better as LB's have to play more honest or get burned with wheel routes. So the next step is to go to work on these safeties and back them the hell out.

So the answer to the actual question is that it has been so long since a Niner receiver did that you cannot remember either. Breaking one tackle and a 24 yard gain does not do it. I don't think that will make any highlight reals. Nice play but not fantastic. Like I said, maybe Edwards is the real deal but we have not seen it yet. We have several years experience with all the others to know they cannot do it.

Face it: we have a relatively weak receiver corp. Vernon is great at his position but suffers the droppsies. The others are average at best. They do not make great catches, drop too many, and are not break-away threats. The few times they get anyone open deep it is through trickeration, not speed.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, Seriously! Crabtree can't even develop chemistry with Alex Smith, and you think he would fit into GB's stable of WR's and offensive scheme - LMAO!!

You, on the other hand should not stop - keep going, you're hilarious!

Compared to all those other receivers who have developed chemistry with Alex Smith?

And let's just stop with the digs. You showed last week that you can't handle that sort of thing. Why open the door to more of it?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the answer to the actual question is that it has been so long since a Niner receiver did that you cannot remember either. Breaking one tackle and a 24 yard gain does not do it. I don't think that will make any highlight reals. Nice play but not fantastic. Like I said, maybe Edwards is the real deal but we have not seen it yet. We have several years experience with all the others to know they cannot do it.

Face it: we have a relatively weak receiver corp. Vernon is great at his position but suffers the droppsies. The others are average at best. They do not make great catches, drop too many, and are not break-away threats. The few times they get anyone open deep it is through trickeration, not speed.

I think I remember in 2009, perhaps against Az, Crabtree took a 15 yard crossing route and kept right on going into the right corner of the end zone. The play started at about the opposition's 40 yard line.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"The coaches are giving him a lot more control," McDonald said. "They have confidence in him."Smith can dictate his play calls at the line of scrimmage more than in the past. He usually calls two plays in the huddle, and depending on the defense, Smith will yell out, "Let it roll" or circle his fists in front of his chest. That signals to the offense to go with the first play that's called. If he wants to go with the second play, Smith will yell, "Kill, kill" or make a slashing motion with his hand

Read more: 49ers QB Alex Smith plays like he belongs

I wondered what that was all about. from this excerpt it looks like Harbaugh is giving Smith a lot more rein than some people thought.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think you fundamentally understand my point. Defenses aren't allowing that type of play to happen pre-snap. They're also not putting themselves in those situations by blitzing because Alex Smith has handled it. Look at his passing rating against blitzes.

So you're not seeing many hot reads like the one to Morgan in the Eagles game. If that play happens on the 20 yard line he probably takes it 80 yards. Defenses aren't exposing themselves to those types of plays. They are sitting in the box actively defending short to medium routes and are not worried about anything deep.

I asked this before in a different thread, but when has Crabtree ever been hit in stride in space this year? Don't say that he hasn't been getting open, because he has. He may not have the explosiveness, but he hasn't been given a chance to show that. And yes he has made several great catches with high passes.

Braylon Edwards had the highest reception average in the league last year. I simply don't buy for a second that he's not a break away threat. How many games has he played this year? Your judging him off only a handful of games.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The coaches are giving him a lot more control," McDonald said. "They have confidence in him."Smith can dictate his play calls at the line of scrimmage more than in the past. He usually calls two plays in the huddle, and depending on the defense, Smith will yell out, "Let it roll" or circle his fists in front of his chest. That signals to the offense to go with the first play that's called. If he wants to go with the second play, Smith will yell, "Kill, kill" or make a slashing motion with his hand

Read more: 49ers QB Alex Smith plays like he belongs

I wondered what that was all about. from this excerpt it looks like Harbaugh is giving Smith a lot more rein than some people thought.

Thanks NN. I have been wondering what that was all about. Quite the step up for him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he's got some coaches in here who he believes in and they've done a great job with us. I think that's why he's been successful this year."

I think that says a lot.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely was on display vs the redskins game than others(maybe Browns)....

Didn't Norv do the same thing in his stint here with us? Giving Alex multiple plays and let him decide which to proceed with.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks NN. I have been wondering what that was all about. Quite the step up for him.

Agreed. Seems like they would need some smart players to operate that way. I guess it explains why we see some of the receivers like Crabtree running around not sure where to line up because it requires them to remember two play calls from the huddle instead of one and the requisite formations.