• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another great game by Alex

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, seriously. Answer my question. Who are you talking about? When was the last time someone made an anti-Smith thread? Did anyone in this thread say that Smith should be benched, replaced, or anything of the sort? All I've seen were a few people, including myself, that disagree with the notion that Smith was "great" today.

Why is that so unfathomable? Stop being so hyper-defensive when it comes to Smith. I don't care if you're still shell-shocked from all of the BS that happened on the ESPN board - Smith is not immune to critcism.

You are probably the bus driver. Pointing out any flaw possible at every opportunity is obviously expecting perfection. This has nothing to do with anti-smith threads popping up and isn't even this thread specific. I've got much better things to do then comb this board and keep track of every user that takes the opportunity to be negative about Smith. I'd be broke and hungry, fuck, you already know the answer anyway.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez, give it a rest already. Saying Smith didn't have a great game today isn't being a negative nancy, and it isn't saying he had a horrible game. He had a good game with some bad passes, and some really good passes like that one where he slid to his left and hit Vernon, and then that other good pass to Davis that Vernon dropped, and of course the TD to Miller.

I think the few plays where he clearly panicked took this out of a great game category. His performance today wasn't nearly as good as his games in Detroit, Philadelphia or against Tampa... and if the worst that we'll see from Alex this year is panicky play that leads to punts instead of turnovers... then the team is in a great position.

I'm probably one of the bigger "Alex Lovers" in the eyes of the people who use that term, but I still can't say this was a great game by Smith

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably the bus driver. Pointing out any flaw possible at every opportunity is obviously expecting perfection. This has nothing to do with anti-smith threads popping up and isn't even this thread specific. I've got much better things to do then comb this board and keep track of every user that takes the opportunity to be negative about Smith. I'd be broke and hungry, fuck, you already know the answer anyway.

That's absolutely ridiculous. People can start Alex Smith is great threads every week, but no one that disagrees can post in them?

Get help.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, I agree. My point is-this is our QB, so live with it (to the peeps that think we can somehow do better THIS season). We aren't making trades and we aren't throwing in CK unless Smith gets hurt (knock on wood).

That much is true. I always thought he had more in him because of the one year under Norv Turner when he did well. He is doing much better this year and as you said, we ain't gettin' anyone any better this year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Alex Smith is great threads every week. I see people going overboard to nitpick at him at every opportunity though.

Pointing out a couple bad passes as a deterrent to a great game. Yeah, get some help and get a new act because that shit is played out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and for the record Sick. Smith had a great game. 70.8 comp % 8.33 per avg. 0 INTs. 109.7 QB rating.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Great return by David Reed; got lucky he didn't lose that fumble though.

...to state the obvious.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Flacco missed a wide open Ed Dixon; could've had 30+ yards there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Great 3rd down pass by Flacco to make up for the 1st down throw.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oops, posted the last few in the wrong thread.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment isn't about Alex Smith, it's about all of these Alex Smith threads.

I'll give you a pass for not catching that, though. I don't expect much from a guy who was blown away from Smith this season, but not Newton. :doh:

Quit being a whiny little bitch. It's a fucking forum, if someone wants to write about Alex Smith doing good/bad every week, oh fucking well. The only thing old about it is you feeling the need to complain about "a new Alex Smith thread". Shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

Your welcome to everybody scared to tell this bitch to STFU cuz he's a "moderator".

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The next few weeks will be a big test for Alex Smith and we'll get a good indication of what to expect in the playoffs. Gore's ankle's sore again so there will be added pressure for the passing game to step up.

With exception of the Phil and Det games, we've been putting pressure on the other teams and waiting for them to make mistakes. Better teams won't give you that luxury. All that pressure will be put on Alex Smith and that's a weakness that has been limited unbelievably well so far. He hasn't imploded this year like in the past. This is a weakness that will be tested in these upcoming games, so hopefully Harbaugh has an answer. These next few games will be a stepping stone or a wall.