• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another great game by Alex

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, he missed a throw, I better point that out later so I can still say we need a QB. Only 200 yards passing, I'll bring that up too because clearly I don't understand the philosophy of our offense.

GET A FUCKING WAHMBULANCE.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde I respect your college football knowledge as its far superior to mine and you are one of the better posters on here, but why be a negative Nancy after a win? Maybe I'm viewing it wrong, but I'll take a win any way I can take it. Smith is not going to blow you away with his stats, but he's efficient and not making mistakes. He throws high balls from time to time, but he's not shitting the bed like 3-4 years ago. We're Niner fans and WINNING! Let's be happy bro!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would've been better if Davis had not ruined that big passing play, dropped a 3rd down catch, and fumbled the ball away on a late drive. Smith really did not miss receivers today and even fit several balls into tight coverage. A lot of those 7 incomplete passes were because of drops and throwaways.

These dropped passes are eventually going to come back to haunt us. Too many, way too many, especially when none of the receivers are real game breakers. They gotta make the easy catches at a super high rate and they aren't doing it. Niners are winning despite that but it sure hurts them.

Are there team stats on that, dropped passes?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still cracks me up when people make shit up. Who's expecting perfect play from Smith?

Disclaimer: not refering to you, Clyde. Your quote simply brought up the issue.

No one's expecting a perfect game from Smith. I think some may have gotten defensive over the years when they hear things like "Alex needs a perfect defense, perfect o-line, perfect running game, perfect special teams to win" when we had poor play from the whole team. Fix one of the problems last year and we would have been a winning team and Alex would still not be the answer, but he'd be a winning QB (in spite of him perhaps).

I have had no problem with people calling Alex a subpar QB, regardless of the circumstances. I have no problem calling him a game-manager this year. I had a problem with superlatives like "never, always, can't, worst, biggest, etc." when it came to any players capabilities. Maybe some people shared my dislike of such talk? Not mentioning names because it's not necessary, but to some sensitive Niners like myself, it appeared that some people went out of their way to criticize Smith, like some are exaggerating his role in our success this year. I guess it comes with the territory of sports.

So that's one reason I think people are making shit up like everyone expecting a perfect game from the QB. I think many think he played well enough to not be mentioned (but not great enough to be mentioned) - and when someone does mention it, I see the need for people to put it down. The fact we won should mask some of his (not all) bad play. Thank goodness he didn't really have that much bad play to hide.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy we're 7-1, our qb has led some 4th quarter comebacks and is minimizing his mistakes. I'm really beginning to realize just how unbelievably terrible Nolan and Singletary were for Smith after watching him take baby steps towards being a good quarterback. I'm very happy for him, he could have left, no one would have blamed him, but he stuck it out with no real guarantees and now he's a leader of the team and playing well, not great, but well.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Answer my question. Who are you talking about? When was the last time someone made an anti-Smith thread? Did anyone in this thread say that Smith should be benched, replaced, or anything of the sort? All I've seen were a few people, including myself, that disagree with the notion that Smith was "great" today.

Why is that so unfathomable? Stop being so hyper-defensive when it comes to Smith. I don't care if you're still shell-shocked from all of the BS that happened on the ESPN board - Smith is not immune to critcism.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde I respect your college football knowledge as its far superior to mine and you are one of the better posters on here, but why be a negative Nancy after a win? Maybe I'm viewing it wrong, but I'll take a win any way I can take it. Smith is not going to blow you away with his stats, but he's efficient and not making mistakes. He throws high balls from time to time, but he's not shitting the bed like 3-4 years ago. We're Niner fans and WINNING! Let's be happy bro!

Jesus Christ. How the fuck am I being a "Negative Nancy"? It's stupid statements like this that drive the hardliner's stance. I don't think Smith was great today. That's not being negative.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Clyde I'm too lit to pick apart all of your posts. Look at the first sentence that gives you props for one. Dude all I'm saying is enjoy the win! We've both posted on the ESPN boards forever and the 49ers were terrible. Now we're kicking ass! My point is to focus on the positive rather than the negative, whether its with Smith or anyone else on the team. And..... I like you and I'm not trying to attack you. It just seems like you are nit-picking bro!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Clyde I'm too lit to pick apart all of your posts. Look at the first sentence that gives you props for one. Dude all I'm saying is enjoy the win! We've both posted on the ESPN boards forever and the 49ers were terrible. Now we're kicking ass! My point is to focus on the positive rather than the negative, whether its with Smith or anyone else on the team. And..... I like you and I'm not trying to attack you. It just seems like you are nit-picking bro!

No offense taken, don't trip. I'm enjoying the win and I love the fact that we're 7-1. But that doesn't mean I have to go around saying that everyone played great. There are numerous players that weren't great today, and Smith is one of them. That doesn't mean I'm being a negative Nancy. Smith has developed into a nice game manager. I've said it before, but I don't need to say it every week just to appease you guys.

The fact that we have to have one of these threads every week is getting really annoying too.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah bro- I totally agree with the thread bullshit! And agreed that we need to make improvements! Go Niners!

PS- did you jut see that Patrick Peterson return? Holy sht!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah bro- I totally agree with the thread bullshit! And agreed that we need to make improvements! Go Niners!

PS- did you jut see that Patrick Peterson return? Holy sht!

It kills me that he's in our division.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know all of us we're sitting there hoping they would take Gabbert, but no luck! In related news, he just scored 29.70 points for my squad :)

Smith isn't a bad concession prize. He was up n Beck's face on multiple occassions. Even though he didn't get a sack, he made an impact on several plays.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really wondering why this psychotic fascination with putting Smith down in every circumstance -- he is the qb of a 6-1 team, he's led 3 4th quarter comebacks on the road, he had a key 4th and goal td against Detroit, he has almost no int or fumbles that have killed them this season, what the fuck more do you want from the guy? The guy gets another win on the road, has a 109 qb rating for the game and people who have barely played past pop warner are saying "Well, he'll never be a top 10 qb, I guess he's good enough to win games, blah, blah blah".

7 and 1

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who else finds it odd that Clyde was the first one to respond to this?? Clyde, we know you dont like him, but 17-24 for 200 yrds and a td is a great game! What more do you want? There were some bad drops out there today and Harbaugh got very conservative. What more do you want? You are discrediting yourself with this alex hatred. I have to believe that with all this hatred you never played sports at a competitive level.... high school doesnt count.

Oh ya, the niners won!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There's nothing wrong with wanting better quarterback play out of your team. I'm not sure I read anything that Clyde said in this thread that wasn't true. Smith is an average QB who is managing the game pretty well but the offense does not score enough to play with the big boys. Smith is part of the reason.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else finds it odd that Clyde was the first one to respond to this?? Clyde, we know you dont like him, but 17-24 for 200 yrds and a td is a great game! What more do you want? There were some bad drops out there today and Harbaugh got very conservative. What more do you want? You are discrediting yourself with this alex hatred. I have to believe that with all this hatred you never played sports at a competitive level.... high school doesnt count.

Oh ya, the niners won!!!!!!

You're an idiot.

That is all.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with wanting better quarterback play out of your team. I'm not sure I read anything that Clyde said in this thread that wasn't true. Smith is an average QB who is managing the game pretty well but the offense does not score enough to play with the big boys. Smith is part of the reason.

No, I agree. My point is-this is our QB, so live with it (to the peeps that think we can somehow do better THIS season). We aren't making trades and we aren't throwing in CK unless Smith gets hurt (knock on wood).