• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another great game by Alex

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People make a "let's give Alex his due" thread every single week. It's getting old. It's just as annoying and ridiculous as all the Alex bashing threads over at the ESPN board.

isn't it nice to see a guy bounce back after being thrown under the bus? it's like smith had a rookie year, his soph year with norv, a nightmare and now he's woken up for this 3rd season. 3rd season with an actual coordinator

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensive line can't hold up against the pass rush and the wr's cant get seperation. smith took what was there, harbaugh called the game knowing the above limitations.

The OL can't block, the WRs can't catch, Roman can't gameplan and we have no running game. Smith is single-handedly carrying this offense. He should get MVP votes.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really wondering why this psychotic fascination with putting Smith down in every circumstance -- he is the qb of a 6-1 team, he's led 3 4th quarter comebacks on the road, he had a key 4th and goal td against Detroit, he has almost no int or fumbles that have killed them this season, what the fuck more do you want from the guy? The guy gets another win on the road, has a 109 qb rating for the game and people who have barely played past pop warner are saying "Well, he'll never be a top 10 qb, I guess he's good enough to win games, blah, blah blah".

I wasn't putting him down, I just don't think it was a great game. It was a good game, and could have been a better game except some things were beyond his control. Bottom line, I'm not complaining about it.

I'm not really impressed with his QB rating as others, a 100 QB rating for this style of play is very different from a 100 rating in a passing offense. I know that sounds stupid at first glance, but hear me out. It's nothing but safe passes and management, it should be that high. It's not like Steve Young's 100 QB ratings where he was taking risks and passing into coverage at times.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL can't block, the WRs can't catch, Roman can't gameplan and we have no running game. Smith is single-handedly carrying this offense. He should get MVP votes.

I'm cool with that, I don't want Rodgers to win it unanimously.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe u should try watching the games instead of looking at boxscores?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe u should try watching the games instead of looking at boxscores?

I watched the game. Smith had no pocket all day. No one was open. Our running game wasn't warrating 8 in the box. Harbaugh and Roman weren't putting him in a position to succeed. It's obvious this team is holding his talents back.

I hope Harbaugh unleashes the beast next week vs. the Giants.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex smith this season is alot lot like trent dilfer when he was the qb for the ravens super bowl team.He had decent numbers but it was the defense and the running game that won there games!! People need to learn to accept the fact that alex smith isn't going to be rodgers or manning!! He wont put up 300 plus yards and 4 td's a game

my take is most of us are NOT expecting 300 plus yards and 4 td's, just Clyde. :-)

agree it wasn't a great game, but we've seen worse, a LOT worse. i'll take it for now cause he isn't regressing.

looking ahead.....don't see why he shouldn't improve a little more statwise? thought he would THIS game but oh well? the O-line is playing better despite the two sacks, everyone's stats should be getting better.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'd think ppl would be happy we're finally getting some sort of a return on the 1st pick overal...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers 7-1. Alex Smith is the staring QB. That's pretty much all I care about at the moment.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still cracks me up that people expect perfection from our QB because of who he is.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT: TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80 yard / 9 play drive ends with his 2nd TD pass of the day...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEBOW IS BACK BITCHES! woo hoo

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't care if smith is a top 10 qb in the league.I just want him to do his job when he is called to do it and don't make mistakes.So far he has show us that he can lead this team to seven wins this season.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still cracks me up that people expect perfection from our QB because of who he is.

Exactly. Nitpick any QB other than A-Rod this year and there are flaws. Brady looks pedestrian today. Rivers has looked terrible at times today and I still like him. 7-1. Smith is our QB baring an injury. Deal with it folks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it'll be interesting when we lose our next game? obviously, Alex Smith will be 'finger pointed' the most, but how badly?

he hasn't given this board a chance to bash him, but even the best QB's have poor game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It still cracks me up when people make shit up. Who's expecting perfect play from Smith?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't care if smith is a top 10 qb in the league.I just want him to do his job when he is called to do it and don't make mistakes.So far he has show us that he can lead this team to seven wins this season.

true, we first have to appreciate the low turnovers, cause throwing for 300 yards is for for naught if you also throw two pick 6's.

obviously, we ALL want a little more vertical passing, but first things first.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best QBs have bad throws every game but god damn there won't be whiny bitches harping on it relentlessly every time. What a fucking joke. Get off his jock and enjoy the success.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best QBs have bad throws every game but god damn there won't be whiny bitches harping on it relentlessly every time. What a fucking joke. Get off his jock and enjoy the success.

Yep! Well said Ray