• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another great game by Alex

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know which one you're talking about, but I believe the missed gore attempt was the one in the redzone in the 2nd....

it was third down and six...Smith threw to gore over the middle and he dropped it.if he would of caught it it would of been a first down but we had to punt the ball it might of been in the second quarter

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex smith this season is alot lot like trent dilfer when he was the qb for the ravens super bowl team.

Oh come on! Dilfer was at best a below average QB that season. Alex is playing in the top 10 so far, and maybe closer to 5 than 10.

I can't agree with that. We're not asking him to make many plays. He isn't messing up, and has to date stepped up when we need him to. But this offense absolutely does not flow through Smith the way it does a genuine top-10 QB.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Smith thread has to turn into some stupid shitfest. I'd say it was a good, but not great game from Smith. A couple of customary high passes and a couple drops that could have inflated his stats a little bit.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The comparison to Dilfer is way off though, IMO. Dilfer was a sub-par QB the year the Ravens won. 76 rating, under 60% completions, 12 TDs and 11 INTs. Not to mention eight fumbles (that's in eight starts). Smith has been playing MUCH better than that. He has been managing games, perhaps, but he has been a great game manager.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that needs to be mentioned is the play clock issue. Smith needs to get the offense up to the line of scrimmage sooner.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This thread hasn't been a stupid shitfest, so don't worry about it.

But this offense absolutely does not flow through Smith the way it does a genuine top-10 QB.

I never said Smith is a top 10 QB. That would be silly. I still want him replaced. I'd trade him for just about anything good if it were possible. But let's give his performance the recognition it's due. His play this year has been in the top 10.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One thing that needs to be mentioned is the play clock issue. Smith needs to get the offense up to the line of scrimmage sooner.

It would help if Crabtree knew where to go.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But this offense absolutely does not flow through Smith the way it does a genuine top-10 QB.

I never said Smith is a top 10 QB. That would be silly. I still want him replaced. I'd trade him for just about anything good if it were possible. But let's give his performance the recognition it's due. His play this year has been in the top 10.

People make a "let's give Alex his due" thread every single week. It's getting old. It's just as annoying and ridiculous as all the Alex bashing threads over at the ESPN board.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well not yet at least. I'm not faulting you for posting this thread, so please don't take it the wrong way. Typically most Smith threads eventually turn into a shitfest. Not as bad as it was on the ESPN board though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People make a "let's give Alex his due" thread every single week. It's getting old. It's just as annoying and ridiculous as all the Alex bashing threads over at the ESPN board.

What happened to "that's all I'm gonna say?"

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened to "that's all I'm gonna say?"

My comment isn't about Alex Smith, it's about all of these Alex Smith threads.

I'll give you a pass for not catching that, though. I don't expect much from a guy who was blown away from Smith this season, but not Newton. :doh:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My comment isn't about Alex Smith, it's about all of these Alex Smith threads. I'll give you a pass for not catching that, though. I don't expect much from a guy who was blown away from Smith

That didn't sound like much of a "pass" to me!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Try to keep up Clyde, I gave Newton his due after a great game as well.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment isn't about Alex Smith, it's about all of these Alex Smith threads. I'll give you a pass for not catching that, though. I don't expect much from a guy who was blown away from Smith

That didn't sound like much of a "pass" to me!

Sorry, but you're 0-2 Sick. Try again.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really wondering why this psychotic fascination with putting Smith down in every circumstance -- he is the qb of a 6-1 team, he's led 3 4th quarter comebacks on the road, he had a key 4th and goal td against Detroit, he has almost no int or fumbles that have killed them this season, what the fuck more do you want from the guy? The guy gets another win on the road, has a 109 qb rating for the game and people who have barely played past pop warner are saying "Well, he'll never be a top 10 qb, I guess he's good enough to win games, blah, blah blah".

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really wondering why this psychotic fascination with putting Smith down in every circumstance -- he is the qb of a 6-1 team, he's led 3 4th quarter comebacks on the road, he had a key 4th and goal td against Detroit, he has almost no int or fumbles that have killed them this season, what the fuck more do you want from the guy? The guy gets another win on the road, has a 109 qb rating for the game and people who have barely played past pop warner are saying "Well, he'll never be a top 10 qb, I guess he's good enough to win games, blah, blah blah".

The only thing psychotic is the anti-Missile defense system this board has put up to protect Alex. Give me one post in this thread that "put Smith down".

Or is disagreeing that he was "great" putting him down these days?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensive line can't hold up against the pass rush and the wr's cant get seperation. smith took what was there, harbaugh called the game knowing the above limitations.