• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck Possibly To Miss First 6 Games?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above average? Yeah...the guy has a 40 TD season under his belt. Last year, while being sacked more than every QB except a few, still had 31 TD's/13 ints...4200+ yds. and a 96+ rating. Those are top 10 numbers. Of the 5 seasons he's had, you can only point to one where he played poor, and it's been pointed out why...the dude went out there when he shouldn't have due to injury. Either you have an agenda against the guy, or clearly accepted that he 'should' be one of the absolute elite throwers of all time - which is just not realistic.

Oh...and for 'the Colts were better without him' stuff...take a look at what the Colts did when they put others (Hasselbeck) back there. Quick tempo, short rhythm type passing attack....which is exactly what they should be doing all the time with Luck. When AL is in the lineup, the coaching staff puts far...FAR more weight on his shoulders to carry that team - 5/7 step drops, deep vertical plays downfield - and it leads to him taking more shots and susceptible to injury. I readily admit that Luck tends to do too much....forcing passes/holding onto the ball too long....but that seems to be the culture built up in Indy.
The Colts throw the ball a ton. Most decent quarterbacks would put up big numbers . That fact is also why he throws 14 picks a year as well. Luck is ok. He's better than most but not a top tier or ( imo ) even a second tier guy. Elite guys are Brady , Rodgers , Brees, Roethlisberger. Second tier guys are guys who have proven they can get you big numbers over an extended period and/or get you to the SB like Wilson, Ryan, Cam, Rivers, Eli, Stafford, Palmer. Luck is on the tier with young guys who haven't really done either but may some day with Winston, Carr, Dak, Cousins but Luck is older than most of those guys so I take him behind most of them . It's not a slight. All those guys are good QBs, they just aren't great yet and Luck has had more time to be so than they have

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this upcoming season I'd go

1. Brady
2. Ryan
3. Rodgers

4. Brees
5. Big Ben
6. Wilson

7. Carr
8. Stafford
9. Eli
10. Rivers
11. Winston
12. Dak

13. Cam
14. Luck
15. Mariota
16. Cousins

13-16 is a toss up. I think you could put people anywhere

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts throw the ball a ton. Most decent quarterbacks would put up big numbers . That fact is also why he throws 14 picks a year as well. Luck is ok. He's better than most but not a top tier or ( imo ) even a second tier guy. Elite guys are Brady , Rodgers , Brees, Roethlisberger. Second tier guys are guys who have proven they can get you big numbers over an extended period and/or get you to the SB like Wilson, Ryan, Cam, Rivers, Eli, Stafford, Palmer. Luck is on the tier with young guys who haven't really done either but may some day with Winston, Carr, Dak, Cousins but Luck is older than most of those guys so I take him behind most of them . It's not a slight. All those guys are good QBs, they just aren't great yet and Luck has had more time to be so than they have

I disagree on guys like Eli, Rivers, Stafford, Cousins, and Palmer for sure. Dak I'm also not sold on after 1 year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on guys like Eli, Rivers, Stafford, Cousins, and Palmer for sure. Dak I'm also not sold on after 1 year.
That's fair . I'm talking both career and for this year so everyone is free to their own opinion. I've always preferred the tangible to the potential. There are a lot of people who would probably agree with you . I just can't do it til I see it on the field

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love when a guy ask a question then get mad if you have a different opinion than he does. Had a feeling he would get his panties in a bunch if you didn't answer Russell Wilson.

man I missed something here didn't I

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow. If I were Andrew Luck, I'd say "Trade me or I'll retire."

The Colts make the 49ers look great. That is one dog-with-fleas-and-pinkeye-w/-a-3-broken-legs of a franchise.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that change his supporting cast? That same team went 6-3 without him and 2-5 with him. His playing through injuries doesn't change the talent around him

Look at the 6 games they won without Luck; look at the 2 they won with him?

It's easier when Hasselback gets jaguars, texans(who were 1-3), Atlanta, and TB among his first four game and then beats Miami and Tennessee while Luck has to face the bills on the road, the jets(who went 10-6 and had a good defense), the pats, the saints, and panthers. Was Hasselbeck's performances at Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, and against Houston any better than Luck's against those teams? And was Hasselbeck's wins against those aforementioned teams better than Luck beating Denver? How about what the backup did last year against Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving? Think Luck plays like that at home?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston losing opens things up. Indy probably goes 0-2, but I feel they beat the browns and 49ers. With titans losing today, they may start out 0-3, and they're not a lock to win in Houston because they don't have Jacksonville's defense. They look like they could be 3-3 or 2-4 before week 7. Houston losing this game and now they have to face the bengals on a back to back after a home loss, and then NE and KC two weeks after that...I see 2-4 or 1-5(browns and maybe titans). Jacksonville is gonna get off to the good start, they probably win next week because they are at home and Baltimore becomes a interesting game with some defense going head to head, but Baltimore is the teacher here. They should beat the jets and rams will be interesting. Jacksonville is looking like a 4-2 or 3-3 team to start. And if Luck comes back week 7 that's who he faces and he can get within one game of them or tie for head to head advantage beating them at home. The tough start for the division is gonna help him out. I had the colts starting 2-4 with Luck missing only the first game anyway.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has steadily shown what a bust he is. You don't even see many Luck knob slobberers anymore.

....and what QB was ever given the offensive line protection excuse like him? Cripes.