• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrei Vasilevski signs a 3 year extension

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another re-signing for Stevie Y, he's been rather busy of late. It's a 3 year $10.5 million dollar deal which is worth $3.5 mill year. Yzerman is making sure he gets the core players get locked up. I think this deal pretty much indicates that Bishop is on the move and again it's rumoured that Dallas is the destination.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yzerman won't trade just to trade deal has to be good for the Lightning

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yzerman won't trade just to trade deal has to be good for the Lightning

Yzerman could potentially go with Bishop and Vasilevski next year but in my opinion this deal signals that Bishop is likely to get moved. If you were to keep Bish and Vasy for next year with Bish being the #1 you would think you would leave Vasy unsigned and then sign him next offseason probably at a cheaper deal than what he just signed. I think giving Vasy that extension signals that you are the guy, you could only keep one of the two and Bish now knows that Vasy is the goalie of the future and his future lies elsewhere. If you were to keep both goalies for the upcoming season Bish would be the #1 and I think that would be a dangerous game as Bishop knows his future is elsewhere and that could be a distraction for him and potentially the team.

I think Bishop gets moved to Dallas for Niemi, Honka and a draft pick.

To make this potential Bishop to Dallas deal work the bolts would have to take one of the Stars goalie back and the Stars would also need to retain salary of the goalie in the deal. With Niemi you got a goalie who has had a proven track record as a capable goalie. With the addition of Niemi you have a goalie who can share the net with Vasy so Vasy doesn't get thrown into the fire. Then with Honka you get a player who went 5 picks before Anthony DeAngelo and somebody who plays the exact same game as DeAngelo. So you get a Righty shot offensive puck moving defenseman who would basically replace DeAngelo in terms of being that Dan Boyle sort of defenseman in the future.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost jonathan Marchesault to the Panthers, but its not all that bad.
He was a gutsy player but lacked size and got banged up a lot.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost jonathan Marchesault to the Panthers, but its not all that bad.
He was a gutsy player but lacked size and got banged up a lot.

Yeah i liked Marchessault, there was mutual interest in him resigning with the bolts but he's going to get more playing time in Florida.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yzerman could potentially go with Bishop and Vasilevski next year but in my opinion this deal signals that Bishop is likely to get moved. If you were to keep Bish and Vasy for next year with Bish being the #1 you would think you would leave Vasy unsigned and then sign him next offseason probably at a cheaper deal than what he just signed. I think giving Vasy that extension signals that you are the guy, you could only keep one of the two and Bish now knows that Vasy is the goalie of the future and his future lies elsewhere. If you were to keep both goalies for the upcoming season Bish would be the #1 and I think that would be a dangerous game as Bishop knows his future is elsewhere and that could be a distraction for him and potentially the team.

I think Bishop gets moved to Dallas for Niemi, Honka and a draft pick.

To make this potential Bishop to Dallas deal work the bolts would have to take one of the Stars goalie back and the Stars would also need to retain salary of the goalie in the deal. With Niemi you got a goalie who has had a proven track record as a capable goalie. With the addition of Niemi you have a goalie who can share the net with Vasy so Vasy doesn't get thrown into the fire. Then with Honka you get a player who went 5 picks before Anthony DeAngelo and somebody who plays the exact same game as DeAngelo. So you get a Righty shot offensive puck moving defenseman who would basically replace DeAngelo in terms of being that Dan Boyle sort of defenseman in the future.
I don't think they retain money on nemi but I think flipper gets added into this deal for Patrick sharp which his contract expires next summer. So I think to Tampa, honka, nemi and Patrick sharp. To Dallas Ben bishop and filppula.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they retain money on nemi but I think flipper gets added into this deal for Patrick sharp which his contract expires next summer. So I think to Tampa, honka, nemi and Patrick sharp. To Dallas Ben bishop and filppula.

The issue with dealing Bishop is that there is only one real trade partner as this point which is Dallas. If Dallas land a goalie like Bishop then they arguably become the best team in the league. To make a deal work with Dallas, the Stars would need to offload a goalie most probably Niemi but from the bolts perspective with dealing Bishop the idea is to acquire assets in return but to also clear cap space. The issue is with the Stars needing to offload a goalie in the deal that bolts are not really saving a ton of money of in terms of cap so the Stars would need to retain salary on Niemi's deal. The thing is though let's say Stars retain $1.5 mill of Niemi deal per season for the next 2 years that still leaves the bolts with a $3 mill cap hit for the next 2 years and therefore could probably lose Johnson or Palat because of that. The only option Yzerman would have at that point is to deal Niemi entering his final year of his contract, that is if you can find a partner and if he's willing to be moved as he has a modified trade clause. I don't see the Stars willing to move Sharp or be willing to acquire Filppula for that matter. Sharp is an important piece and the Stars are set down the middle of the ice with Seguin-Spezza-Faksa and Filppula is nothing more that a 3rd line checking center who has more years left on his overpaid deal in comparison to Sharp.

I think Yzerman is in another tough situation. It's safe to say Bishop is no longer a bolt after this season but as I said Dallas only seems like a realistic option in terms of a trade partner. If you make the trade with Dallas you could possibly lose Johnson or Palat unless Yzerman can work his magic and no goalie comes back in return but who becomes the backup then? If you don't trade him you lose arguably the best goalie in the league for nothing. I just think going into the season with Bish & Vasy on the roster is a bad idea. If you went into the season with both of the goalies Bishop has to be #1 but being a UFA at the end of the year and knowing your future lies elsewhere and the possibility of being moved before the deadline is going to be on Bishop's mind and be a distraction just like it was for Stamkos this season. It's a tough call, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the coming days/weeks/months.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with dealing Bishop is that there is only one real trade partner as this point which is Dallas. If Dallas land a goalie like Bishop then they arguably become the best team in the league. To make a deal work with Dallas, the Stars would need to offload a goalie most probably Niemi but from the bolts perspective with dealing Bishop the idea is to acquire assets in return but to also clear cap space. The issue is with the Stars needing to offload a goalie in the deal that bolts are not really saving a ton of money of in terms of cap so the Stars would need to retain salary on Niemi's deal. The thing is though let's say Stars retain $1.5 mill of Niemi deal per season for the next 2 years that still leaves the bolts with a $3 mill cap hit for the next 2 years and therefore could probably lose Johnson or Palat because of that. The only option Yzerman would have at that point is to deal Niemi entering his final year of his contract, that is if you can find a partner and if he's willing to be moved as he has a modified trade clause. I don't see the Stars willing to move Sharp or be willing to acquire Filppula for that matter. Sharp is an important piece and the Stars are set down the middle of the ice with Seguin-Spezza-Faksa and Filppula is nothing more that a 3rd line checking center who has more years left on his overpaid deal in comparison to Sharp.

I think Yzerman is in another tough situation. It's safe to say Bishop is no longer a bolt after this season but as I said Dallas only seems like a realistic option in terms of a trade partner. If you make the trade with Dallas you could possibly lose Johnson or Palat unless Yzerman can work his magic and no goalie comes back in return but who becomes the backup then? If you don't trade him you lose arguably the best goalie in the league for nothing. I just think going into the season with Bish & Vasy on the roster is a bad idea. If you went into the season with both of the goalies Bishop has to be #1 but being a UFA at the end of the year and knowing your future lies elsewhere and the possibility of being moved before the deadline is going to be on Bishop's mind and be a distraction just like it was for Stamkos this season. It's a tough call, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the coming days/weeks/months.
We would be better off going with two great goalies let bishop walk next year his contract comes off the books then so we can pay johnson and palat. Unless we can find a team to just give us prospect or draft picks ? Dallas does not fit can't see us taking on off there goalies.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would be better off going with two great goalies let bishop walk next year his contract comes off the books then so we can pay johnson and palat. Unless we can find a team to just give us prospect or draft picks ? Dallas does not fit can't see us taking on off there goalies.

Yeah I agree, if Yzerman goes in with both goalies In my opinion he has to ensure Bishop that he is not going to be moved and play the year out with him as the #1