• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Ink Miller to 3 Year Deal

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After inconsistent play on the offensive line in 2018, the Cincinnati Bengals shored up the unit with an interior player.

The Bengals are signing guard John Miller to a three-year, $16.5 million deal, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Miller spent the past four seasons with the Buffalo Bills, starting in 47 games at right guard. The Bengals likely view Miller as an upgrade over Alex Redmond, who drew 15 starts at right guard in 2018.

Miller represents the second move in free agency that the Bengals made for the front five. Earlier in the week, the team re-signed right tackle Brian Hart to a three-year deal.

Consistency on the offensive line is needed for the 2019 season when considering Bengals signal-callers Andy Dalton and Jeff Driskel were sacked a combined 37 times in 2018.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news: He's a much better guard than Redmond.

Bad news: He's an average football player.

Good news: He comes cheap.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad News: We have him for 3 years.

Worse News: We now have an excuse to not resign Boyd and Green. (because he cost enough to not allow us to give them what they were asking for)

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad News: We have him for 3 years.

Worse News: We now have an excuse to not resign Boyd and Green. (because he cost enough to not allow us to give them what they were asking for)

He didn't cost much. This is pessimistic of you Crash.

I think there is no doubt we are re-doing the Green deal this offseason. AJ has been Bengalized. He's happy to cash dem checks. He'll take another 4 year deal for top 5 receiver money. Boyd is probably the guy that will walk - Hobs will explain that the Bengals don't pay 2nd receivers big money (See: Housh, TJ; Sanu, M; Jones, M.)

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bitches will all tell me to stop whining about losing our receivers.

I'll be here all J-Will style.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give AJ a few extra million to amputate that bad toe and we won't need a #2 receiver.

of course, this is the same organization that ran armon binns out as the #2 one year saying how great he was going to be....

yea...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't cost much. This is pessimistic of you Crash.

I think there is no doubt we are re-doing the Green deal this offseason. AJ has been Bengalized. He's happy to cash dem checks. He'll take another 4 year deal for top 5 receiver money. Boyd is probably the guy that will walk - Hobs will explain that the Bengals don't pay 2nd receivers big money (See: Housh, TJ; Sanu, M; Jones, M.)

Curious - (and I'm not totally disagreeing by the way) but what did TJ do after he left here? He bombed in Seattle.

Marvin left because he wanted to be a #1 WR. That was never going to happen here. He went on record and said the Bengals made him a very good offer, and it was near identical to the one he signed in Detroit. Only difference was, he wanted a chance to show he could be THE guy.

They did not offer Sanu, and that was a mistake, but I wonder if they put all their eggs in re-signing Jones and by the time they realized he wasn't going to sign, Sanu was already with ATL.

All that being said - this team desperately needs another WR. One that can run the right routes and catch the damned ball. Actually, I think Erickson is a very solid WR - it's a shame he can't get a chance to show what he could do with more reps. All he does is make tough catches and get 1st downs.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious - (and I'm not totally disagreeing by the way) but what did TJ do after he left here? He bombed in Seattle.

Marvin left because he wanted to be a #1 WR. That was never going to happen here. He went on record and said the Bengals made him a very good offer, and it was near identical to the one he signed in Detroit. Only difference was, he wanted a chance to show he could be THE guy.

They did not offer Sanu, and that was a mistake, but I wonder if they put all their eggs in re-signing Jones and by the time they realized he wasn't going to sign, Sanu was already with ATL.

All that being said - this team desperately needs another WR. One that can run the right routes and catch the damned ball. Actually, I think Erickson is a very solid WR - it's a shame he can't get a chance to show what he could do with more reps. All he does is make tough catches and get 1st downs.

100% Agree on Erickson.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a story for every player we lose. I think they could have had Jones if they made him a better offer. Sometimes your mind is made up because you already expect to not be valued. Regardless, if you know Jones isn't coming back or is going to be a hard sign, you go with Sanu. I understand they have individual stories, but collectively we couldn't afford to lose them both. We drafted them, developed them, and they are both the real deal as football players. We needed at least one.

You can't be a "develop your own" type of franchise and then let key guys walk. Yes, you'll lose some.... But I got the sense that Duke Tobin started beliving his own hype and figured he'd just draft replacements.