• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And yet another reason Montreal may never win the cup again.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad enough that they are cursed by the Curved Stick call, but the cup somehow detours into Suban's hands.

ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/seth-rogen-beer-stanley-cup

I thought that the Kings had the cup until everyone on the team has had a chance to spend a day with it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roenick did almost the exact same thing once, horning in on others' parades, and we saw how that worked - never won a Cup.

Not a bright move by Subban, who I think plays hot dog hockey anyway and has a personality to match it, and team glory tends to avoid guys like that - the list is endless, two of the current reigning fools being Ovechkin and Cammalleri coming to mind immediately. It's just some form of voodoo magic that seems to come true time and time again. Showboaters get nothing because they aren't team guys who have their own agenda (Ovechkin: wants to be the human highlight reel, Cammalleri: always chases the money).

There are actually two Cups, one that stays in the HHOF and one that travels with the players. The hockey community is tight knit up there in Canada, so take a look and see who had the Cup that day and chances are a) they either know/hang out with Subban or b) are from the same town thus his appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roenick did almost the exact same thing once, horning in on others' parades, and we saw how that worked - never won a Cup.

Not a bright move by Subban, who I think plays hot dog hockey anyway and has a personality to match it, and team glory tends to avoid guys like that - the list is endless, two of the current reigning fools being Ovechkin and Cammalleri coming to mind immediately. It's just some form of voodoo magic that seems to come true time and time again. Showboaters get nothing because they aren't team guys who have their own agenda (Ovechkin: wants to be the human highlight reel, Cammalleri: always chases the money).

There are actually two Cups, one that stays in the HHOF and one that travels with the players. The hockey community is tight knit up there in Canada, so take a look and see who had the Cup that day and chances are a) they either know/hang out with Subban or b) are from the same town thus his appearance.
If there are two cups, why did the broadcaster say when the cup was presented to the Kings that it was out of the Hall of Fame a certain amount of days out of the year?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are two cups, why did the broadcaster say when the cup was presented to the Kings that it was out of the Hall of Fame a certain amount of days out of the year?

My guess would be the HHoF cup is what is raised on the ice after that it goes back to the hall. I did not look this up vut it would make sense that the cup traveling the world isn't the same one.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my guess as well. No way I let a bunch of over enthusiastic, drunk ass party animal hockey players take the real deal to their stripper pool parties.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is the cup that the players are spending their time with is NOT THE CUP. It's a replica to give them so if it's ruined the real one is still good.
So the one that they wheel out in the ice, is that the real deal or is it a replica too?
Do they ever bring out the real thing?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will help, taken from somewhere.

Stanley’s original Cup from 1892, known as the “Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup" (above), was awarded until 1970, and is now on display in the Vault Room at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

In 1963, NHL president Clarence Campbell believed that the original Cup had become too brittle to give to championship teams, so the “Presentation Cup” was created and is the well-known trophy awarded today. (Skeptics can authenticate the Presentation Cup by noting the Hockey Hall of Fame seal on the bottom.)

The final Cup is a replica of the Presentation Cup, which was created in 1993 by Montreal silversmith Louise St. Jacques and is used as a stand-in at the Hall of Fame when the Presentation Cup isn’t available.