• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Hockey One Of The Four Major Sports In North America?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should delete my post and re-enter it as #100.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it ESPN that's behind the myth that MLS is insanely popular in the US? They tried to feed us that bullshit during the World Cup. I don't know anyone who was paying attention. If it hadn't been for one player biting another one, the whole thing might have passed unnoticed.

Somebody said it earlier. ESPN gave up its chance to be in the hockey game, and now they're trying to run it down. Fuck them.

I was at the rink tonight, even though it's July. I had to hunt for a place to park because there were a gazillion little kids on the rink, so many that they put a set of boards down the middle, put in another pair of nets and had them play 2 half-rink games. Their parents probably paid $40-50 for this session. Think the sport's not popular? Come to Bruins country.

I don't know who is behind the myth that MLS is popular in the US, but it seems that every 4 years, interest in soccer rises around the WC. Once that is over, most people go back to their usual routine and we hear all these stories how soccer is going to get more and more popular. But, it really doesn't. Sports fans are smart and they know that they are seeing soccer's best during the WC and that they won't see that level of play in MLS. Hockey may be a niche sport, which is fine by me, and I would bet at least one dollar that professional soccer in the US will end up in the niche sport category as well.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is behind the myth that MLS is popular in the US, but it seems that every 4 years, interest in soccer rises around the WC. Once that is over, most people go back to their usual routine and we hear all these stories how soccer is going to get more and more popular. But, it really doesn't. Sports fans are smart and they know that they are seeing soccer's best during the WC and that they won't see that level of play in MLS. Hockey may be a niche sport, which is fine by me, and I would bet at least one dollar that professional soccer in the US will end up in the niche sport category as well.

Soccer or futbol is the worlds sport not North America's. Never was never will be.
Americans are hooked on the NFL.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear some of those Swedish misogynists make pretty good money?

201008161.png

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that the female dr. who checks under her hood?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no one...just thought you should be aware of your misogyny.

Aww look the little girl used a big word. Isn't that adorable!?!?!?

Soooo what does misogyny actually mean. Can any of you fellas tell me?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww look the little girl used a big word. Isn't that adorable!?!?!?

Soooo what does misogyny actually mean. Can any of you fellas tell me?

I don't know, bitch. But I'm sure you're going to blab on and on about it...

That work?

For the record, I care what Pix thinks. She's a damn good poster on here and our board expert on sports injuries.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us can't help the teams we cheer for, ya know. :D

I've actually tried not caring, but I think it's actually written in my genetic code. Probably my dad's consumption of fry-sammiches and IC Light in his youth.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pix knew about this site before any of us swamp regulars (as you can tell by her Jan 2010 join date). It's like she was keeping this little xanadu all to herself for some unknown reason.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pix knew about this site before any of us swamp regulars (as you can tell by her Jan 2010 join date). It's like she was keeping this little xanadu all to herself for some unknown reason.

Jammin'.

Last edited by a moderator: