• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the poaching continues....

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....as the Hawks up the discarded B.J. Daniels from the Niners. Interesting...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....as the Hawks up the discarded B.J. Daniels from the Niners. Interesting...

Not sure why the Seahawks would pick up another QB. I hate to see a roster spot spent on a third QB. I think the 49ers were hoping he would clear waivers and this pickup kind seems like a way to mess with them.

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he's a bit of a RW3 clone, though not quite as quick. Surprised we ditched Lotulelei to bring him aboard. Are we the lone roster in the NFL with 3 black QB's on our roster? Not sure he can give us much background on the Niners that we haven't already seen in games and on film. Guess there's only one BJ on the team now....their Coach.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of QB's... Matt Flynn got demoted to 3rd string by the Raiders. Gotta feel for the guy.

As far as this pickup is concern, it was probably done to piss the Niners off because had Daniels cleared waiver, I think the Niners would've put him on the practice squad. And from what I've been reading about the guy, he has a nice upside.

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel TOO sorry for Flynn....guys a millionaire several times over.....and you seen his wife? Good GAWDUHMIGHTY! Caliente! She'll probably like Jacksonville!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fumbles and a interception,he deserves to get demoted. Like AintNoSaint said, he still has a pretty nice life.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to see Daniels go. I thought he had a bit of potential as a quality backup QB to a team that has a running QB ahead of him. Saw him as a project that may be ready within a couple years though. Tough pill to swallow that SEA takes him, but it totally makes sense.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Tjack in a trade for an O-lineman???

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Tjack in a trade for an O-lineman???

That's an interesting thought.
I'd hate to see Tjack go because the way he's looked this year he's about as good as your gonna get in the backup spot but we do have some pressing needs on the Oline right now.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it does happen, I'd imagine it being for a veteran guy that can play guard and tackle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us trading TJak. First off he more valuable to the Seahawks then anyone else , because he's knows our system so well. Secondly, I just don't see TJak bringing much back in a trade. He's a backup and you don't see any hype about TJak ,like say, what you saw about Flynn and Kolb. This pickup of a third QB was made to piss off the 49ers FO. Not a good reason to make such a move IMO.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Harold. Tjack is way too valuable to the Hawks to trade away for some backup offensive lineman that probably won't be much of an upgrade over Bowie.

With Tjack I feel like if Russell was ever out for 3-4 games I wouldn't be in panic mode thinking we will go 1-3 or 1-2 during that stretch. I honestly feel like if Tjack had to start all 16 games this year with this defense and the weapons on offense he could win 10 games.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, the thought just crossed my mind, so I popped it up to hear people's thoughts. JS loves draft picks and that is the only way Tjack could get us something of value. I can't imagine them trading next year's 1st and TJack for someone.

The other thought is, if RW can't get protection, he may get hurt and then we have to use a backup. At least it is Tjack, but we have not seen him with the 1's against the 1's and no, Jags are not really 1's.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've learned not to question Carroll and Schneider on things, because most of the things they've done have worked out, but this move just strikes me as a "You took some of my things, so I'm gonna take some of your things" type of move. The Seahawks don't have a need for a 3rd quarterback and we have to keep this guy now, unless we want to let him revert back to San Francisco, so the best theory I can come up with outside of the tit-for-tat/keep away angle is that Carroll sees what's happening with the offensive line and doesn't want to take any chances just in case Wilson gets hurt. We'll see how it goes. Strange move to make, but it wouldn't be the first one of those for these guys and most of them have worked out.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a good move for the simple reason that the niners no longer have a mobile qb for their scout team. The niners can't emulate read options properly for their defense

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's a poor man's RW so it's a move to likely make him the future backup to RW so if he does go down it would be a seamless transition if they had to use Daniels.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a poor man's RW so it's a move to likely make him the future backup to RW so if he does go down it would be a seamless transition if they had to use Daniels.

This guy is a player! Very stupid move in a series of Stupid moves by the Niner front office. They did this to cover up the fact that they made a mistake with Colt McCoy. They had plans for Daniels and were high on him but he had to be a casualty to saving face for the Niner front offices's blunder with McCoy. Daniels will be the backup to Wilson before the season is over or at least for next year. He is the perfect backup for him. As a Niner fan this whole thing makes me and a lot of other Niner fans sick.

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What may be at play here...Hawks want to groom their future RW3 back-up. Tavaris is great, but I'm sure wants to start. He would fit well in the Jags system as he played for Bevill and knows their system. Trade bait for what will assuredly be the Jags higher draft positions regardless of round. I don't want the Hawks to plunder away an awesome safety net in Tavaris....but...if the price is right. Jus sayin.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What may be at play here...Hawks want to groom their future RW3 back-up. Tavaris is great, but I'm sure wants to start. He would fit well in the Jags system as he played for Bevill and knows their system. Trade bait for what will assuredly be the Jags higher draft positions regardless of round. I don't want the Hawks to plunder away an awesome safety net in Tavaris....but...if the price is right. Jus sayin.

Tavaris wants to start, so I agree ....its a great chance to groom this kid. He can be Russell's "Mini-me".

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say he was familiar with Bradley and his familiarity with Hawk systems.