• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now, introducing...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading through this, and realized I never did properly introduce myself (I thought I had at some point). Well, what the fuck, nothing better to do for the next 40 minutes I guess.

History: I started posting on sports message boards (particularly, the Phillies and MLB boards) with ESPN in May of 2008, after reading posts but not posting for ~1 year. My birthday is in July, so for those doing the math, that means I started posting about sports on message boards since I was 10. The Phillies, first-and-foremost, have always been my life. When the Phillies aren't playing (or in September), the Eagles become a second part of my life. It could be postulated that I joined message boards because none of my family members really care(d) that much about sports (my dad will watch the Eagles and has a decent understanding of the game, but he will even admit that he doesn't understand a lot of things about the game, nor does he have much knowledge about other NFL teams besides the Eagles).

Family: Well, if you think I'm married/thinking about marriage at 20... lol. Not in a relationship right now.

College: Currently a junior at the University of Delaware. I'm actually on a medical leave of absence from the University for this semester. I hope that sometime in the (somewhat near) future, I will look back at this post as just a speed bump in my college career. I am studying Operations Management with a minor in Business Analytics.

About me: Aside from being a Phillies and Eagles fan (I'm also a Sixers and Flyers fan, though I typically only watch them if they make the playoffs- Yes, I'm an asshole), I have interests in a few other topics. I am a big fan of films. I like data visualization, including the programming language R. I like hip-hop and rock. I have been afflicted by, both in my past and currently, depression. I have a markedly different view on mental health and the proper treatment of it than most people.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KFFL Name: Davekn, then DGF

History: Started like many here on MO on New Years Day 2000. Migrated to KFFL and now SH. Not a big fan of the Redskins board here, just never fit in. But I participate on the other boards.

Family: Wife of 27 years this Friday.

College: Maryland

Fan: Maryland Basketball, Redskins, Wizards, Caps, Red Sox.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KFFL Name: Davekn, then DGF

History: Started like many here on MO on New Years Day 2000. Migrated to KFFL and now SH. Not a big fan of the Redskins board here, just never fit in. But I participate on the other boards.

Family: Wife of 27 years this Friday.

College: Maryland

Fan: Maryland Basketball, Redskins, Wizards, Caps, Red Sox.
get bent, Dave

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get bent, Dave
I don't mean that, DGF

Bucknell is playing Maryland BB in November. Looking forward to going to that game.

FarmerSpeedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kffl name: WestPhillySpeedboy

College: University of Pennsylvania: BA. (Also Wharton School of Business.)

Family: Married, Father of two.

Started out about 25 years ago on kffl, migrated with the kffl crew until this place. It kinda got a little crazy here so i stopped posting. Just stopping back to see how the old gang is doing. Since then, i have started a real estate investmemt firm, went back to school, got my degree, and instead of heading to k street or one of the big consulting firms I decided to farm. So now, i am in Central Georgia turning it Midnight Green one gameday at a time.

My teams are everything philly, my favorite college teams have changed. Penn state will always be in my heart, but Penn, and Quaker nation is number 1.

Rear Admiral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rear Admiral here - barely hanging on to life - but witnessing another Great Philly Squad who - I'm pulling for you E-Gals to win another SBC. My Cowboys are still schizophrence.

Glad to be able to post - have been ill but still kicking. All the Best to Eagle Brethren

Rear Admiral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy, Erk - remember me? I'll give you three guesses - I'm old, I'm a Cowboy fan - and I like you E-Gals.

Rear Admiral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kffl name: WestPhillySpeedboy

College: University of Pennsylvania: BA. (Also Wharton School of Business.)

Family: Married, Father of two.

Started out about 25 years ago on kffl, migrated with the kffl crew until this place. It kinda got a little crazy here so i stopped posting. Just stopping back to see how the old gang is doing. Since then, i have started a real estate investmemt firm, went back to school, got my degree, and instead of heading to k street or one of the big consulting firms I decided to farm. So now, i am in Central Georgia turning it Midnight Green one gameday at a time.

My teams are everything philly, my favorite college teams have changed. Penn state will always be in my heart, but Penn, and Quaker nation is number 1.
I would be interested in reading your book. Where can I find it?