• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Analysis from Last nights game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey OzarkRam who was that troll on SeeBS who came over to the Rams boards about the same time you showed up? I forget that fools name just remember all the drama and how he threw you under the bus again and again. If Larry or whoever wants to cause a bunch of drama then I think we can all agree if you act like a troll we all are gonna want you gone. If posters can't keep it cool when a mod says to cool it then they don't need to be here. It doesn't take much for these trolls to screw things up for the lot of us.

As far as preseason game 1 and Bernie goes, it seemed as if Bernie made concessions that it was a preseason game for the Browns but somehow was calling the game for the Rams as if it was a regular season game. I watched it a few times and it was pretty evident that he had two different standards. LOL just the way he bagged on Clemens and then Clemens had a pretty decent outing.

I agree with the take that JF holds it close to the vest or rather I think he doesn't game plan for these games at all or throw different looks, both offensively and defensively or even better yet a little of both. So no game plan and a very narrow play book. I liked the fact that they are holding back Tavon. I don't think they need to show the League what he is capable of doing right now or the type of looks they will use he and Cookie to confuse those defenses. Oh, there's another guy who wasn't targeted and that's all we've heard about was the Bradford/Cook connection in training camp. I like not showing our cards and giving the guys like Pead, Quick, Baily, Mc Donald, Stacy, Ogletree, Blake and Radway plenty of snaps and targets. It was clear that the Browns needed to win their home game and ran 'gutsy' draw plays on 3rd and long LOL. To me running a draw play in that scenario was akin to throwing a 70 mph change up after throwing a bunch of 85 mph fast balls in the home run derby. Clearly the Browns needed to win and schemed to win and guess what they won, who gives a rats ass? It's a prefreakingseason game and the first one at that!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea OzarkRam, fastforward, and Blue. I deleted a number of olskools post that were getting way out of hand way too quickly. He was calling me all sorts of unwarranted names that had no bearing on what I had asked him to do. He became uncontrollably belligerent so that is when I asked for him to be removed. Enough said.

Also, thanks for the vote of confidence from all of you as we go forward to game two of the preseason. I am open to suggestion anytime from any and all of you. Onward we go!

This is what we dealt with on a daily basis on the ESPN board. There was really no moderator there to monitor all of the profanity and personal attacks that Larry got away with. He even used racial attacks against a poster there quite frequently...ONLY... because they were having simple football discussions. I personally am qlad that you eliminated him as qickly as you did because his comments would only get worse as time goes on. FWIW..I think you're doing a great job!! :clap::clap::clap::yahoo:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita good to see you. His name was kgb he was a infamous yahoo troll He had attack the Rams board over there and myself and the other members had run him off more than once. He took a real dislike to me. Broke my heart, anyway when yahoo folded I came over to cbs for a new start. He followed me and raise hell on that board. At first I ignored then tried to humour him to no avail so in the end I left to give your board some peace. With me being new and this guy showing up being new also claiming to be a Rams fans the board had problems figuring out who was who and what was what. My feeling was since he was after me if I left, then the problem would go away and you guys could get on with it without all the hassle.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't say this over there at SeeBS but yeah, that guy was a dick. We don't need a holes over here and thanks to guys like Hammer and Retro for sniffing them out so quickly. I would probably not be a good mod as I usually try to look for the good in all and give the benefit of the doubt longer than most. For that reason, those here who can discriminate the difference of someone who is just misbehaving a bit from a troll quickly is clearly best for this board.

Nice work Retro, and good job recruiting Hammer! :clap::clap2::whoo::rockon:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as I remember you were one of the few who stood by me at the time and I thank you. He isnt a Ram fan he is a packer fan troll. I tried to explain but it mostly fell on deaf ears. And I understood you guys didnt know me from adam. Its past.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gets people pissed is being new and coming on a board with the heavy undercurrent of not having the cognitive flexibility to accept other people's viewpoint without personal attacks and being aggressively demanding without earning the respect of both administrations and moderators. I won't go into details, but Larry could have easily went about things in a vastly different fashion where he would have been retained here (see Blue's post here for details). He got too disrespectful right off the bat without impetus instead of just relaxing and going with the flow.

:agree:

^^This right here! We experienced this on ESPN boards DAILY! It was obnoxious to say the least and what sucked was it was the only board that had good football convo minus the trolls that would stop in daily and bash people for their opinions. I'm glad we actually have mods on this site that do their job. :suds:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant speak on espn. But can on yahoo. Yahoo was great in the beginning. I was there over ten years and we had a great group of loyal Rams fans. But toward the end I dont know seemed yahoo just gave up self policing maybe they knew they were shutting down the message boards so they just gave up. Once people realized they could say or do anything they all just went nuts. We fought the trolls till the end but what really broke the back was alt ids. These trolls could get banned and be back in twenty minutes with a new id same crap. Very glad to see that wont happen here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozarkrams. Is that an avi of Marcus Dupree? I wish we had even him right now in our backfield. Thanks for all the vote of confidence from Vita, Blue, AngelLakerRams, Zeke2829, Ozarkrams, fastforward, jacobarch and anyone I failed to mention.

The owner Hammerdown, the admins, and the mods are here to keep these boards free of trolls. We really want everyone to have fun and enjoy their time here on the SportsHoopla which is with out a doubt the best damn sports talk site on the planet!!!

I will not tolerate that misery after having experienced it myself on the old SeeBS boards and I sure as hell won't hesitate removing a poster the minute he/she ventures into that realm. Onward we go!!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what we dealt with on a daily basis on the ESPN board. There was really no moderator there to monitor all of the profanity and personal attacks that Larry got away with. He even used racial attacks against a poster there quite frequently...ONLY... because they were having simple football discussions. I personally am qlad that you eliminated him as qickly as you did because his comments would only get worse as time goes on. FWIW..I think you're doing a great job!! :clap::clap::clap::yahoo:

Hi, Zeke...olskool had the same style as Larry, but I'm not totally convinced it was him...Larry, while obnoxious most of the time, seemed to have a little better command of the language than did olskool...Having said that, it might well have been Larry...At any rate, I am not saddened by his short stay here...I get really irritated by those that use olskool/Larry tactics when dealing with other posters ...Glad there is somebody here to keep it more or less civil...It doesn't seem to me that they are trying to ban for just dissenting, but rather to assure civil debate...I'm all for that concept...OK, I'm done...BTW, I have to admit that Larry pushed my buttons a few times and sucked me into his dark style...That won't happen here...Again, good to "see" you again, Zeke...To bad Snake isn't here to keep you in line in the old pick-em we had on the other board...That board really wasn't the same after Gary passed...He was my friend as well as a fellow poster...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks mikey728 and well-stated from another 50+ club member. Good to have you aboard on both counts.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, Zeke...olskool had the same style as Larry, but I'm not totally convinced it was him...Larry, while obnoxious most of the time, seemed to have a little better command of the language than did olskool...Having said that, it might well have been Larry...At any rate, I am not saddened by his short stay here...I get really irritated by those that use olskool/Larry tactics when dealing with other posters ...Glad there is somebody here to keep it more or less civil...It doesn't seem to me that they are trying to ban for just dissenting, but rather to assure civil debate...I'm all for that concept...OK, I'm done...BTW, I have to admit that Larry pushed my buttons a few times and sucked me into his dark style...That won't happen here...Again, good to "see" you again, Zeke...To bad Snake isn't here to keep you in line in the old pick-em we had on the other board...That board really wasn't the same after Gary passed...He was my friend as well as a fellow poster...

Thanks Mikey728
Its been a while since I had a conversation with you.
IMO....I am 99.9% positive that was Larry.

Because.. they both were quick to critisize (team, coaches), they both used accronyms as insults, USC fan. Both have unique way of throwing personal attacks on someone making a positive statement on anything about this organization. He was warned and he just threw back another insult. Larry did all those things. It wasnt very smart on his part coming to a new sight and starting right in on the moderators. Pretty funny but understandable, just goes to show how poorly the ESPN board was governed. Anyways I am really liking this site so far because #1 they do not tolerate crap like that.

I miss Cobra too, the man knew his football and he loved his RAMS! Speaking of moderators, I think he would have been a good one! He had his own way of policing the board and controlling a conversation and not letting it get out of hand. He was well respected there... and ...oh yah... the man sure could pick winners and losers. Being a new poster here I also think RetroRam/Bluepidgen and company are exactly what these websites need. They have the mentality that if you come here to critisize the team you are not welcome here. Thats the way it should be ! I can tell that they have experience at pinpointing who is here to talk football and who is not.

Even if that wasnt Larry I dont want his type here.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be cool if someone with the know-how would start doing the pick-ems here. That was a lot of fun to do throughout the season ( even though I stunk at it ):lol:

That's why I don't gamble.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angelakerams. We do do the pick'em but it is SportsHoopla-wide. See that little vCash amount you have under the number of posts on your post plate under your avi? You can take that and go to "vBookie" at the top of any page in the black menu bar that runs across the page on SportsHoopla and you can "pick'em" all you want in any sport all year long!

If you want to do that as a competition amongst Rams fans everyone can do it together and then discuss it on any game thread. I have not seen any specific area in a given page where specific groups of people coalesce to pick'em since I have been here but that is how it is done here on the SportsHoopla! Capeeche?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks zeke for the nod. retro, vita, myself among many others here just love Rams football. We are all about discussions, questions, answers and opinions. I would never question any posters opinion just because it isn't like mine. I learn as much here as I know and that is entertainment and information, which is why I am here. As for olskool or Larry or whoever he was, he touched a nerve immediately with me by first insulting retro and then shoving the Rams over a cliff after one preseason game. I wasn't going to deal with this jackass for 1 minute and lucky for all of us Hammer brought on retro for the mod. I will bring on a game for the season for the Rams posters today and run it a lot like the one we had on the Lakers page, in that if you miss a certain amount of weeks, you are done. I will establish the game today in a new thread.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bring on a game for the season for the Rams posters today and run it a lot like the one we had on the Lakers page, in that if you miss a certain amount of weeks, you are done. I will establish the game today in a new thread.

This is gonna be fun! I can back you up some if need be Blue!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post by all especially Blue, Vita, angelakerams, Zeke2829!!! Good stuff guys continue the excellence!!!