• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's team? That's right. The Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be ecstatic if it was 35

it actually is not relatively terrible out- most of this week and last week the temp lingered in the 5-10 degree area....its at least like 20-25 today...

Pool party!!:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit is Austin Rivers bad....theres this guy at the rec where i play i might take over him in a pickup game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit is Austin Rivers bad....theres this guy at the rec where i play i might take over him in a pickup game

That whole trade reeks of Mama Rivers telling Doc: "Don't you let my baby get cut.":lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving is 22 years old

You can say want to about his career thus far--- Mark Jackson said he might be the best finisher at the rim in the NBA

and he is undoubtedly one of the funnest players in the league to watch on a night to night basis- the things he does with a basketball are just unbelievable.....I am so glad his 5 year extension does not even kick in till next year. I cannot wait to watch this kid in his prime.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion is 0-6 and if how his shots look are any indication of how he is doing he should -5/6....good lord has his offense looked bad

good for the Cavs hanging tough with the Clips with no Kevin Love against that front line of the Clips....

Irving and Thompson are playing great games....Thompson has 20 and 10 through 3 quarters. He is not Klay Thompson- but Tristan Thompson is one of the better players to come out of his draft class.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- considering this season matters more than Kyrie's previous seasons since the Cavs are playoff bound- I am of a mind to declare that possibly the best game of Kyrie's professional career

37 pts, 12/18 fg's, 5/7 3pt's, 5 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals,

and he played very solid defense holding Chris Paul to 4/15 shooting

Tristan Thompson had among the best games of his career as well- without Love playing Thompson started- and played against a great NBA front court of Griffin and Jordan

24 pts, 10/12 fg's, 12 boards, 2 blocks...

nice win for the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron had 9 turnovers- the whole Clippers team had 13 for the game

32points 11 boards 7 assists i guess will make up for it though......

Austin Rivers is just terrible. Delledova would own him... and i mean dominate him.... Rivers was 0-4 in 12 minutes with a +- of -18....thats hard to do in 12 minutes of PT....honestly- ive seen Delly play some poor basketball this year- but Austin Rivers played about the worst 12 minutes of basketball i have seen this season. Shawn MArion going 1/7 was painful to watch though but 8 boards in 23 minutes is solid....Marion used to be a damn good offensive player way back when...now...cringe worthy...

This was another very entertaining game and both teams played extremely hard...Griffin was plying like a wild man at some points...LeBron was going nuts....Mark Jackson did everything short of lobby for the job on the ESPN game cast...

fun game.....hope the Cavs can keep up the momentum

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy we got a pick and trade exception from the clippers for Austin

Mecca must be ripped

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy we got a pick and trade exception from the clippers for Austin

Mecca must be ripped

You must be happy happy happy because Rivers wasn't worth it. The Clippers got ripped - lmao
:lol:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah TLF, the green trade really delivered for us, make so up for the less than stellar Rondo deal.

btw, I am starting to think the Celtics may want to keep Bass as a vet presence.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah TLF, the green trade really delivered for us, make so up for the less than stellar Rondo deal.

btw, I am starting to think the Celtics may want to keep Bass as a vet presence.

Personally I think they should have kept Rondo and built around him, but it looks like to me that more teams like the Celtics and Lakers are going into the blow it up, tank and rebuild through the draft approach to save money and try to get players that will stay with the franchise longer. Players like Shaq Oneal, Jason Kidd, Pierce, Kevin Garnett and many of the others go to the highest bidder and there is no loyalty.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by Ainge getting all these picks Logic, but you guys can't afford to miss on your draft picks now. Rondo and Green are gone, so what's the incentive for anyone to sign with the Celtics? I mean no offense, I'm just calling it like I see it right now. With the Lakers, they will at least be able to say "attempt to contend for a championship in Kobe's final year and potentially become a building block for the franchise after he retires".

There might be something I don't know at play here but it looks like it's going to be an extremely long rebuilding process for the Celtics.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion is 0-6 and if how his shots look are any indication of how he is doing he should -5/6....good lord has his offense looked bad

I seen Marion in Hollywood last night at the Hookah Lounge. Cool dude!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I want to know is what in your guys opinions make the Heat, and make the Lakers who they are?

Why do you believe they have this pre-built in advantage in today's environment?

What makes them just naturally more inclined to wining over a team like Phoenix or Dallas or Indiana?

http://p.o0bc.com/rf/image_700w/Bos...on.com/Sports/Images/micky arison twitter.jpg

I don't necessarily believe that's true, but just off the top, considering the Celtics won one championship in the last 26 years now from the time they won in the eighties and went to the finals only one other time, I am inclined to believe that both the Lakers and the Heat has smarter people in management:whistle:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I say you can't rule the Lakers, Knicks or Celtics out of the Free Agency Bonanza this Summer.

Despite the Horrific last few years, all 3 of these Teams are in the Top 5 according to Forbes.

With the TV deals and the ample Cap, guys will come.

It doesn't give them a competitive advantage on the court. But, anyone who doesn't believe it helps at the negotiating table is only fooling himself.

The Luxury tax is bearable when you get 150mil extra a year.

There are now 11 NBA teams worth at least $1 billion, by our count, compared to three a year ago. The Los Angeles Lakers lead the way at $2.6 billion, up 93% over last year. The Lakers finished with their second worst record in franchise history at 27-55 last season and are faring even worse this year, but the team has the richest local TV deal in the sport: a 20-year, $4 billion contract with Time Warner that kicked off in 2012. Ratings on SportsNet LA were off 54% last year, but the team still pocketed $125 million for the season from Time Warner. The team’s operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) was an NBA-record $104 million in a year when Kobe Bryant missed all but six games. The haul would have been even greater, but the Lakers were forced to contribute $50 million to the NBA’s revenue-sharing pool last season. The Lakers had the NBA’s highest revenue at $293 million, net of revenue sharing. Forbes.com

The value of the New York Knicks shot up 79% to $2.5 billion, ranking the team second overall (the Knicks edged out the Lakers last year). Ratings for Knicks games on MSG fell 29% as the team stumbled to a 37-45 record, but the team still drew the biggest TV audience in the NBA at 163,000 viewers per game on average. The Knicks’ income fell 45% last season after missing the playoffs and incurring a $36 million luxury tax bill. Rounding out the top five are the Chicago Bulls ($2 billion), Boston Celtics ($1.7 billion) and Los Angeles Clippers ($1.6 billion). Forbes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Grantland.com explaining why the Lakers- among other teams- should try and trade for Tom Thibs of the Bulls to be their coach

Los Angeles Lakers

Byron Scott came in promising to revamp the team’s defensive identity despite being the only coach in the modern NBA to lead a team to three straight bottom-five finishes in defensive efficiency. The Lakers are currently the third-worst defensive team in the league.

HIBS TIME.

Bonus: Kobe deciding he’s definitely retiring after his legs detach from his body during one of Thibodeau’s Bataan Death March practices.

The Lakers trade: Nash’s expiring, a life-size wax figure of Byron Scott with his arms crossed that might actually be the real Byron Scott, and the Lakers Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjAD9dXVgw

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the Lakers defense- the funniest one was probably the Kings

Sacramento Kings

Tom Thibodeau is an upgrade over Tyrone Corbin like backpacking in Europe is an upgrade over being executed by lethal injection. That said, Thibs’s Bulls teams have always been near the bottom of the league in pace, while Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé clashed with the now-fired Mike Malone over the team not playing an uptempo style. Also, I think if you put a gun to Thibs’s head and demanded he run a 4-on-5 cherry pick, he’d grab the gun barrel with both hands and be like, “Just pull the trigger, punk.”

The Kings would not do this deal.